• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll play your game and ask you to find one post where I said it's "never me"

I take responsibility for my own actions and of course I play a role. wonder why you think it's no one else though.

Here's the list of people you've tried to call out & yell at for no other reason than they had the nerve to disagree with you. Myself, CL67, trojanfan12, Mecca, DJ, tlance, Shaqdaddy, LAD, msgkings. And I probably left a few off. Those are the people I can think of right now.

Try & take a hint. When multiple people keep telling you it's you it really is you & not everyone else.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[
Here's the list of people you've tried to call out & yell at for no other reason than they had the nerve to disagree with you. Myself, CL67, trojanfan12, Mecca, DJ, tlance, Shaqdaddy, LAD, msgkings. And I probably left a few off. Those are the people I can think of right now.

Try & take a hint. When multiple people keep telling you it's you it really is you & not everyone else.
Nice deflection...but find a post where I said it's never me as you stated.

And I never have an issue if someone disagrees with me. I prefer they use logic, facts and reason to make their point.

If they call me out and ask a question I'll answer it. Always.

If you'd like, whenever I am having a disagreement with any of those you mentioned above you can just lurk in the background knowing I know you disagree with whatever I have said. Even if my comments are factually correct. I wont take offense.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[

Nice deflection...but find a post where I said it's never me as you stated.

And I never have an issue if someone disagrees with me. I prefer they use logic, facts and reason to make their point.

If they call me out and ask a question I'll answer it. Always.

If you'd like, whenever I am having a disagreement with any of those you mentioned above you can just lurk in the background knowing I know you disagree with whatever I have said. Even if my comments are factually correct. I wont take offense.

It's pointless trying to be rational with you. Whenever anyone disagrees you start throwing the word deflection around. You tell people to dance puppet. You accuse people of moving the goal posts on you. That's when I know you've been backed into a corner & instead of admitting fault you try to blame others all the time.

There's no reason trying to have any type of decent conversation with you in the NBA threads. You play your little games with everyone on a daily basis. Good luck in the NBA thread from this point on. I'm out. Having a legit conversation with you is next to impossible.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what? Here's a clue. If folks want to wait to make predictions, they can. If they don't, they don't have to. Drop it.
just to be fair- it wasnt about predictions-

on one hand he is saying- well the chiefs offense is good

on the other hand he is saying- well- i am not going to make a prediction on the defense 4 games in.

I mean, he has no problem making an assessment on the good part, but then fumbles around mumbling about waiting on the bad part (the defense) and how there hasnt been enough time yet.

I think, and dt, correct me if i am wrong- the hypocrisy of making a clear assessment on the good, while insisting on waiting on making an assessment on the bad, is what is just complete horse manure.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pointless trying to be rational with you. Whenever anyone disagrees you start throwing the word deflection around. You tell people to dance puppet. You accuse people of moving the goal posts on you. That's when I know you've been backed into a corner & instead of admitting fault you try to blame others all the time.

There's no reason trying to have any type of decent conversation with you in the NBA threads. You play your little games with everyone on a daily basis. Good luck in the NBA thread from this point on. I'm out. Having a legit conversation with you is next to impossible.
you are not a smart human being.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the fuck do you care? If he doesn't want to make a prediction until week 8, that's his business. Drop it.
it would basically be like, if the Cavs, in the first 4 weeks of the season, had a great offense but a shit defense--- and I would say---- well, the Cavs have a great offense, but there just has not been enough time to get a good handle on the defense. Ill wait another month.

kinda makes one look like an asshole. lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see anyone beating New England.

I think San Diego can be a dark horse as well.

Its not easy to win multiple playoff games with a defense in the bottom third of the league.

Shit, i think the Browns could even be interesting because they actuallydo have the potential for balance on both sides of the ball.

Right now, I would rank the AFC teams, not necesarily record wise, but talent wise and upside potential as:

Tier 1
New England
KC

Tier 2
San Diego
Cleveland
Houston

Tier 3
Bills
Ravens
Titans

I think those are your 5 most talented teams (in the top 2 tiers) in the AFC by a fair margin. Tough teams

The Colts and Steelers said BYE BYE once Luck and Big Ben went down. I dont think the Ravens are nearly as good as they looked the first few weeks. they lost a lot of talent on defense and Jackson still isnt a great pocket passer.

The Bills and Titans are interesting teams, that are tough and well coached- but i wouldnt quite put them on the talent level as the above 4 teams.

the Jets, Dolphins, Broncos, Raiders, Bengals, Dolphins all suck.

Every single team in the league has significant question marks surrounding them now. KC and NE have the fewest, but they are both beatable.

KC needs to get better defensively, and NE to this point has been 1 dimensional on offense. They have not established any semblance of a run game and Brady in his old age is relying more and more on the dunk and dunk short passing game.

While that can be very effective, I don’t think TB wants to stand in and take those hits required to throw the ball downfield. While the Patriot D might be just as dominant as KC’s offense, I think NE is being mildly overrated because people assume the offense is still as dominant as ever. I believe that unit is only slightly above average.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are on a two game winning streak.

Huh?

Huh??

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I throw the deflection word around when someone deflects. You said I claim "it's never me" in these debates and I asked you to find where I made such a claim. You didn't and instead deflected. I also rarely if ever use the moving the goal posts term.

want to try again?

Since @ChiefsLakers67 thinks you were a winner with your comment maybe he can help you search for such a post or deflect for you?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would basically be like, if the Cavs, in the first 4 weeks of the season, had a great offense but a shit defense--- and I would say---- well, the Cavs have a great offense, but there just has not been enough time to get a good handle on the defense. Ill wait another month.

guess the asshole would know...

oh, but he's not looking at my posts lol...

and DO quit lying. Heatles pointed out the Cavs were shit on defense and you blew the guy off...

wow. WiggityWack i gotta say that you are SHIT PERSONIFIED...

amazing...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I throw the deflection word around when someone deflects. You said I claim "it's never me" in these debates and I asked you to find where I made such a claim. You didn't and instead deflected. I also rarely if ever use the moving the goal posts term.

want to try again?
wamu has the intelligence of a 14 year old who has done case upon case of whippets. why do you get bogged down with this?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just to be fair- it wasnt about predictions-

on one hand he is saying- well the chiefs offense is good

on the other hand he is saying- well- i am not going to make a prediction on the defense 4 games in.

I mean, he has no problem making an assessment on the good part, but then fumbles around mumbling about waiting on the bad part (the defense) and how there hasnt been enough time yet.

I think, and dt, correct me if i am wrong- the hypocrisy of making a clear assessment on the good, while insisting on waiting on making an assessment on the bad, is what is just complete horse manure.
That was exactly my point.

And I will admit an issue I have is when someone clearly makes a foolish/irrational comment or just contradicts him/herself I try and get them to admit their mistake.....even when it is someone I know cannot own up to such a comment. And there are at least a half dozen such posters here.

I could try to do my part to let these things go......but to be fair, this is not an issue if he never questions my comment in the first place. A comment that was really about Lamar Jackson. Not the Chiefs (who just happened to be one of the 3 below avg to poor defenses he had faced).

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you tried, man...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

would even add that there were seasons I knew the Cavs were a great team but their D could be suspect. If someone pointed it out I'd own it.

seems clear the Chiefs are a great team, a contender for a title but their D is suspect.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every single team in the league has significant question marks surrounding them now. KC and NE have the fewest, but they are both beatable.

KC needs to get better defensively, and NE to this point has been 1 dimensional on offense. They have not established any semblance of a run game and Brady in his old age is relying more and more on the dunk and dunk short passing game.

While that can be very effective, I don’t think TB wants to stand in and take those hits required to throw the ball downfield. While the Patriot D might be just as dominant as KC’s offense, I think NE is being mildly overrated because people assume the offense is still as dominant as ever. I believe that unit is only slightly above average.
All fair points....truthfully, for me it comes down to being burned by NE and thinking they are done too many times to think anyone will beat them until they do.

Not the best "logic" I will grant you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are on a two game winning streak.

Huh?

Huh??
Was never sold on Daniel Jones but only because I had only seen him play maybe one game. Always thought it was nuts when fans would rip the Giants for a reach because some guy or guys who have never run a real draft said he should go later than he did.

Definitely see some of what you said after the deal about OBJ, though not sure I disagreed with this aspect.....OBJ definitely wants/demands attention. I really do wish he could just shut up and play. was hoping we'd get a quiet week this week and no...the talk is ChokeGate now.

But does seem like, once again, few if any teammates will say anything bad about him. and everyone in the building says great things about the guy.

still 13 weeks left though

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wamu has the intelligence of a 14 year old who has done case upon case of whippets. why do you get bogged down with this?
a fair question.....if I had to answer I'd say a lot of it is comic relief for me.