• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree that the Ratbirds are no joke. If they don't run away with the AFCn it'll be a stunner.

Baltimore always has a good defense it seems. But I hope Money picks 'em apart.

I'm not a fan of running QB's. They don't seem to have long careers. But from what little I've seen of Jackson he's exciting to watch. And I can't say I'm really thrilled by that.

I haven't looked at any betting lines (not a gambler). But is K.C. the favorite? If so can't imagine it's more than a couple points.
A stunner if they don't run away with it? Because they beat Miami and AZ (barely)?

Might be right, but pretty sure Browns go 2-0 against that schedule. Guess we'll find out later in season if that's true.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Different NFL topic for a moment. I think the Dolphins have enough talent to go 0-16 this year. What do you think? The Losers Club (Lions- they did it first! & Browns :L- thanks Hue Jackson) need some company.
I think they could "accomplish" this. .....they are sure trying. 2 games vs. Jets though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A stunner if they don't run away with it? Because they beat Miami and AZ (barely)?

Might be right, but pretty sure Browns go 2-0 against that schedule. Guess we'll find out later in season if that's true.

Not that excited about the Browns next 5 games. Rams, Ravens, 49ers, Seahawks & Pats. If they go 3-2 I'd be happy.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they could "accomplish" this. .....they are sure trying. 2 games vs. Jets though.

Well I'll be rooting for the them to go 0-16. Or the Jets. Doesn't matter which team. Of course this won't happen but it would be funny if they both go 0-14-2.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that excited about the Browns next 5 games. Rams, Ravens, 49ers, Seahawks & Pats. If they go 3-2 I'd be happy.

out of those 5, wow...

agreed you'd be fortunate to 3-2, but i'll be honest. that schedule's a bit of a meat grinder...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things sure changed quickly for the Steelers. If I said I felt bad I'd be lying.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a tough stretch, no doubt. 3-2 sounds great. Honestly, 2-3 wouldn't even be too terrible as they could easily go 6-2 in second half with their schedule (very frontloaded).

That said, other than NE, who destroyed Steelers WITH Ben, not like the others have been lighting the world on fire considering who they've played. Seattle beat a Ben-less Steeler team and Cinci by 1 at home, LAR a Brees-less Saints and escaped Carolina (who has not looked good), we know who Bmore beat, 49ers beat TB and Cincy.

Isn't to say any will be easy, but think all but maybe NE are winnable. who would you say is next toughest? Right now I might say Bmore as they are always tough at home. Maybe Rams.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 @tlance ---anyone else...

what do you guys think about Lyles against San Diego tomorrow?

worth using a start on?

My other starters are going to be Bauer vs. NYM, Flaherty vs. CHC, Strasbourg vs. Miami, and Foltynewicz vs. SF

I am trying to choose between Lyles vs. SD, or Tanaka vs. TOR, or Severino vs. TOR

any thoughts?

If I win this matchup I get a nice $500....and itll by 2nd year in a row winning it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
woulda said the 9ers were a cupcake based on last season, but even THEY seem to be better...

They beat T.B. & Cincy to get to 2-0. The Bills beat the Giants & Jets. A 2-0 start can sometimes be deceiving.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a tough stretch, no doubt. 3-2 sounds great. Honestly, 2-3 wouldn't even be too terrible as they could easily go 6-2 in second half with their schedule (very frontloaded).

That said, other than NE, who destroyed Steelers WITH Ben, not like the others have been lighting the world on fire considering who they've played. Seattle beat a Ben-less Steeler team and Cinci by 1 at home, LAR a Brees-less Saints and escaped Carolina (who has not looked good), we know who Bmore beat, 49ers beat TB and Cincy.

Isn't to say any will be easy, but think all but maybe NE are winnable. who would you say is next toughest? Right now I might say Bmore as they are always tough at home. Maybe Rams.
considering their 2nd half schedule, i would be fine with 2-3 over the next 5 games.

With Big Ben being out they can go on a major major role in the 2nd half--- especially once they start getting some more continuity, and will then get a boost from Hunt coming back.