• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A homer is someone who has unrealistically high expectations for his or her team.

Many fans are not homers.

@msgkings322 and @CitySushi always have realistic takes on the Warriors. In fact, their predictions are often lower than many non-Warrior fans.

It is cool to disagree with their takes, but they aren’t homers. Not even close.

well, msgkings has issues of his own, but agreed, being a homer ain't one of 'em...:heh:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having Naomi Scott in my avatar for two weeks seems like a pretty steep price to pay for an unsure bet, IMHO.
Like I said, you don't believe your own bullshit. Why should we?

And who cares about your Naomi pic, you clearly have a very sticky poster of her next to your bed.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your problem is that you are too focused on this season:

They should not be expected to contend this season.

But it isn’t impossible if everything breaks perfectly.

Depending on how they use their assets, it is quite possible if not likely they are back in the mix in 2021.

When you claim the Warriors can win a ring within the next 5 years being locked into so many max deals with question marks with all of them, then yes you are a homer. Like you said, unrealistic expectations.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having Naomi Scott in my avatar for two weeks seems like a pretty steep price to pay for an unsure bet, IMHO.
Naomi Scott has the Jeter strand of herpes.

She's an overrated brit with shit teeth.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, you don't believe your own bullshit. Why should we?

And who cares about your Naomi pic, you clearly have a very sticky poster of her next to your bed.

LOL..asking for a 4 game increase from my original estimate to hedge for the unknown is not believing my own BS? Doesn't seem unreasonable at all, if you really think about it.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans are realistic. Homers right a dissertation about how their team is the next Spurs when, they have a flawed core with their second best player with a rebuilt knee, their most versatile player declining that just signed a max contract, and an proven young kid who signed a max deal based on one good season.
That post really triggered you, eh? You obviously don't recall that in that thread I never guaranteed anything, nor claimed they would dominate like they did the last 5 years. It was simply an observation that they are going to try the Spurs model for the next 4-5 years. I said often, we'll see if it works.

A simple take on things, from a fan who follows the team closely and hopes they succeed.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you claim the Warriors can win a ring within the next 5 years being locked into so many max deals with question marks with all of them, then yes you are a homer. Like you said, unrealistic expectations.
Name a team with no question marks.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That post really triggered you, eh? You obviously don't recall that in that thread I never guaranteed anything, nor claimed they would dominate like they did the last 5 years. It was simply an observation that they are going to try the Spurs model for the next 4-5 years. I said often, we'll see if it works.

A simple take on things, from a fan who follows the team closely and hopes they succeed.

The tone of the post said it all. It spoke to your belief that they could make it to the top again with a model that doesn't closely resemble the Spurs at all. I can see through your shit, just more homer ramblings for a big homer. Disguising it doesn't hide it from Bart.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL..asking for a 4 game increase from my original estimate to hedge for the unknown is not believing my own BS? Doesn't seem unreasonable at all, if you really think about it.

Hedging the unknown, what kind of ghey shit is that? We're all spouting opinions about the future, it's all unknown. I guess you only bet on things that have already happened.

You're weak as hell and you're confirming it with every post. You think the Ws will suck, we don't. We will bet it, you won't.

Surrender accepted.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hedging the unknown, what kind of ghey shit is that? We're all spouting opinions about the future, it's all unknown. I guess you only bet on things that have already happened.

You're weak as hell and you're confirming it with every post. You think the Ws will suck, we don't. We will bet it, you won't.

Surrender accepted.

Making the 8th spot with a .500 record is saying they will suck? Even CitySushi was predicting a 7th or 8th seed.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tone of the post said it all. It spoke to your belief that they could make it to the top again with a model that doesn't closely resemble the Spurs at all. I can see through your shit, just more homer ramblings for a big homer. Disguising it doesn't hide it from Bart.
I know I have you beat when you slip into the third person to refer to yourself. But I already accepted your surrender you don't have to keep doing it.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making the 8th spot with a .500 record is saying they will suck? Even CitySushi was predicting a 7th or 8th seed.
I know, what a homer that guy is.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I have you beat when you slip into the third person to refer to yourself. But I already accepted your surrender you don't have to keep doing it.

ROFL..Surrender? Using the 3rd person is just clarifying who you are discussing with. LOL @ thinking negotiating the terms of a bet is anything but prudent gambling.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok well I've had enough of embarrassing you here @Bart. Off to take the family to Tahoe, have a fun Labor Day my friend!