• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck off.
Signed at all costs means what?
OVERPAID
Exactly what I've said and everyone has said EXCEPT YOU.

images
you said the deal got done and he got more because of Klutch. I said Lebron wants him signed at all costs regardless. Now you are trying to claim some sort of "win" for repeating what I have said all along?

I do mean it when I say I will help with comprehension any time you want.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you said the deal got done and he got more because of Klutch. I said Lebron wants him signed at all costs regardless. Could have saved a lot of time had you simply agreed with this and not made your foolish comment.

I do mean it when I say I will help with comprehension any time you want.

Highlighted part is 100% correct.
Save the rest, unless you want to write it 100x on a chalkboard to feel better about yourself.

upload_2019-8-18_19-3-59.jpeg

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think TT tried to get a full max deal and was told that's a bit too pricey? Even if Lebron had nothing to do with Klutch is not crazy to think TT gets the same amount as Lebron would still want him there.

Know why? He's a solid player who Lebron knows can help.

Imagine that.
did ya miss that one earlier, @TurnUpTheHeat ?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's designed to pretty much make it so the player has no choice but to stay which is why it seems it is rarely ever used with the player leaving.

Kind of.

It is designed to force the stars to stay.

And it works for that.

The unintended consequence is some of the ridiculous contracts for role players getting paid like stars.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess, but wouldn't the same happen if they were unrestricted in many cases?

To me the guys it hurts the most are the stars who might want to leave. They can't, and the only way they can any time soon is sign a very short deal which they might not because of the injury risk.
Yeah, I can agree with that.

I think it's both.

It hurts the guys that might want to leave.

But, it also forces teams to overpay guys like Wiggins, Crabbe because they aren't exactly a free agent destination.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did ya miss that one earlier, @TurnUpTheHeat ?

You've made 5000 posts with several hypotheticals, which means NADA.
FACT is he had one hand picked agent who happens to be partnered with LeBron, who at that time had Gilbert by the balls.

If YOU want to believe that TT didn't benefit, GREAT.
At this point, can we agree that everyone who cares has weighed in (and disagreed with you), and move the fuck on?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you did your best...
He debated with himself, as I agreed Lebron wanted him signed at all costs. Probably why I said this.....

Even if Lebron had nothing to do with Klutch is not crazy to think TT gets the same amount as Lebron would still want him there.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've made 5000 posts with several hypotheticals, which means NADA.
FACT is he had one hand picked agent who happens to be partnered with LeBron, who at that time had Gilbert by the balls.

If YOU want to believe that TT didn't benefit, GREAT.
At this point, can we agree that everyone who cares has weighed in (and disagreed with you), and move the fuck on?
Fact is you have kicked your own ass and are like a child who instead of admitting he made a mistake just deflects then makes more mistakes.

Even by your own words you agreed with me. You claimed Lebron wanted Gilbert to pay as much as he had to because he hated Gilbert.

Are you suggesting A) he would not have wanted Gilbert to spend as much as possible because of his hatred had he not had Klutch, or B) he would not have hated Gilbert had he not had Klutch.

You claim some kind of "win" because you repeated what I said all along? That this deal gets done whether Lebron has Klutch or not.

You are priceless and I appreciate the comedy you provide. If you ever want to provide less unintentional comedy speak up and I will help you out.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can agree with that.

I think it's both.

It hurts the guys that might want to leave.

But, it also forces teams to overpay guys like Wiggins, Crabbe because they aren't exactly a free agent destination.
Maybe in the next CBA they just do away with it. Though I think the small market owners will actually want to keep it as it kind of forces most max guys to stay longer than they would if they just did away with RFA and first chance at FA was after year 5.....Hope I worded that right to make sense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't disagree that's not possible. But my guess is they'd talk and see if the Cavs had ideas even if they didn't.....with another team involved.

The problem would be that, without the Cavs buying him out, the Lakers don't have the cap space. I'd expect that, for them to spend that money, they'll want a good return. That's not coming from the Lakers. I don't know who the Lakers would be willing to trade that another team would want, that would give the kind of return for the Cavs to spend that

Unless Gilbert wanted to do it as a thank you to Lebron for the title. Lol