• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously though

what do you guys think the Lakers opening day lineup looks like for Game 1? who plays PG? who plays C?

Highly unlikely they go this route but i would go with this one.

PG- Rondo
SG-Green/Bradley
SF- Green/Bradley
PF- Lebron
C- AD

But considering AD is so against starting, I'm thinking they go with the following:

PG- Lebron
SG- Green
SF- Kuzma
PF- AD
C- McGee

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Boogie done, Lakers need to use their last roster spot on a guy that can play Center. Based on what's available, Joakim Noah might be the best option. He played well for Memphis last year but he doesn't like Lebron. Maybe he'd suck it up for a job? Gortat could be an option along with Nene and Faried. Faried is little too undersized though. Obviously Howard is available but he just sucks as teammate so he shouldn't be an option despite still being good enough to play in the NBA. Regardless, Davis should play some center in the closing line ups of close games. Despite his preference for being a PF, he needs to suck it up because the way Lakers are currently constructed, putting the 5 best players on the floor in tight games usually involves Davis at center.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are they getting for it? a good team leader, double double guy that can play defense and mentor the young kids--- while being an asset on an expiring contract. Great screener- tough as nails- one of the premier offensive rebounders in the league. Tons of playoff experience --- double doubles in back to back NBA Finals. etc etc etc

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="#Cavs hashtag on Twitter">#Cavs</a> receiving trade interest in center Tristan Thompson. <a href="#NBA hashtag on Twitter">#NBA</a> <a href="https://t.co/R6VYyJIdjU">https://t.co/R6VYyJIdjU</a></p>&mdash; Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) <a href="">January 15, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

this is from last year....when he still had ANOTHER year on his contract.

Whenever you watch a Cleveland game, it’s easy to tell he shoulders a huge load both on the floor and in the locker room, and he’s more than capable of handling that burden and getting guys to respond to his message. He’s as physically and mentally tough as they come, and the Cavs have been fortunate to have Thompson’s efforts for his seven-plus seasons

Contending teams understand that ending defensive possessions in the postseason requires active contributors on the glass, and Thompson will do just that, along with constantly getting extra offensive possessions for his squad. In the postseason, the pace of games typically slows down, and extra opportunities to score are invaluable, particularly in elimination games.

He’s also a very alert team defender, is a decent defender when switched out onto primary ball-handlers, and provides a consistent rolling presence in the pick-and-roll on the offensive end of the floor.

Thompson’s screens for both ball-handlers and off the ball for sharpshooters are among the best in the league, too. That’s evidenced by him being second to only the Utah Jazz’s Rudy Gobert in screen assists per game this season, per NBA.com. Good NBA teams know the importance of that.

The second reason contenders might want Thompson is his postseason experience.

He’s often positively impacted the game more in those circumstances, as evidenced by his box plus-minus being plus-1.8, per Basketball Reference. For his career in the regular season, on the other hand, his box plus-minus is -0.6. When the pace slows down as it usually does in the postseason and basketball gets much more physical, Thompson’s toughness and interior presence brings a ton of value.

Contending teams would value that I believe, and Thompson would provide stability on the interior as a result, whereas other younger players in key interior roles might have their play negatively affected by the lack of familiarity with how games are played in the postseason.

or if you need someone to whine to the media, complain about his shots, cheap shot the other team you can just go get HASSAN CHOP!

You working today, or posting from your gynecologists waiting room?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly unlikely they go this route but i would go with this one.

PG- Rondo
SG-Green/Bradley
SF- Green/Bradley
PF- Lebron
C- AD

But considering AD is so against starting, I'm thinking they go with the following:

PG- Lebron
SG- Green
SF- Kuzma
PF- AD
C- McGee
that 2nd lineup is awfully big and slow....id think opposing guards would dice them up.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Boogie done, Lakers need to use their last roster spot on a guy that can play Center. Based on what's available, Joakim Noah might be the best option. He played well for Memphis last year but he doesn't like Lebron. Maybe he'd suck it up for a job? Gortat could be an option along with Nene and Faried. Faried is little too undersized though. Obviously Howard is available but he just sucks as teammate so he shouldn't be an option despite still being good enough to play in the NBA. Regardless, Davis should play some center in the closing line ups of close games. Despite his preference for being a PF, he needs to suck it up because the way Lakers are currently constructed, putting the 5 best players on the floor in tight games usually involves Davis at center.

Dwight Howard is free......

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that 2nd lineup is awfully big and slow....id think opposing guards would dice them up.

Yeah I agree but if AD is so against playing C then I don't think they have much of a choice. They can always swap Rondo for McGee in that lineup if AD is willing to play C.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight Howard is free......

Yeah, I mentioned him. He's a terrible teammate though which is why he's still a free agent. He's got the talent to still be a useful NBA player but no one has even bothered to kick the tires on him. That says everything

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree but if AD is so against playing C then I don't think they have much of a choice. They can always swap Rondo for McGee in that lineup if AD is willing to play C.
I think Kuzma will end up coming offf the bench as i think they need an established scorer off the bench.

Thats his best quality too---- stagger his minutes---- he is kinda wasted with Bron and Davis on the court--- plus with Dudley and McGee as their other 2 bigs- is not like they have much talent in the front court outside of Davis and Kuzma- having at least one on the court at a time would prob. be helpful.

Its why i think they end up going with Rondo at PG, Green at SG, Bron at SF, Davis at PF and McGee at center----- and then have a bench of Bradley, Kuzma, Dudley, KCP

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eddy Curry still around

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You working today, or posting from your gynecologists waiting room?
at a hotel in Florida. your wife just left...she is walking a little bow legged though

the good news?

she wont have to go to church this Sunday after screaming "Oh God" for the last couple hours

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3