• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see it.

The light finally came on?

:idea:

Again: Melo > Harkless > Patterson

But, those guys know their roles.

I would like to see Melo in Detroit or Toronto.

If his response below is true then he should have no issue if a team want to sign him as a bench option.

For his part, Anthony claims that he can come off the bench and that he has no problem with it. On First Take, Anthony said the problem with coming off the bench for the Rockets was that he was never told that he was going to play that role, so he assumed he’d be starting.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That line in the post was sarcasm.
My question was in response to Wiggys comment saying Beasley was a terrible 7-8 option.
Must have went over your head.

And, to confirm, based on your list, Beasley prob falls right around that number on the roster.
Not really, as my guess is Cavs (and most teams would) prefer the 7 obvious ones, all 3 rookies, along with Henson and Delly. Maybe even Knight.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no doubt many think this.....but I think those who really know the NBA realize players on the floor try. The tank would be done by the FO and/or coach who may not find the best players or put the best ones on the court.
Players don't tank, Organizations do.

They do it under the guise of " Giving the young guys minutes " or inventing injuries to sit their top guys.

But, players play to win.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his response below is true then he should have no issue if a team want to sign him as a bench option.

For his part, Anthony claims that he can come off the bench and that he has no problem with it. On First Take, Anthony said the problem with coming off the bench for the Rockets was that he was never told that he was going to play that role, so he assumed he’d be starting.
Everyone knows George probably won't be full speed at the beginning of the Season.

Melo would have been good insurance.

Better scorer than Patterson. Both a net zero, at best, defensively.

I'm assuming Jamychal Green would be the starter when George or Leonard sit.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, as my guess is Cavs (and most teams would) prefer the 7 obvious ones, all 3 rookies, along with Henson and Delly. Maybe even Knight.

Im not saying they wouldn’t prefer others.
Im saying talent on the court, right now, this season.
Beasley is not out of the league because of lack of talent.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players don't tank, Organizations do.

They do it under the guise of " Giving the young guys minutes " or inventing injuries to sit their top guys.

But, players play to win.

Players don't always play to win. Ever see the Washington Generals all time record?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying they wouldn’t prefer others.
Im saying talent on the court, right now, this season.
Beasley is not out of the league because of lack of talent.
The other things don't help but don't kid yourself. If he could play someone would sign him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other things don't help but don't kid yourself. If he could play someone would sign him.

He's been on an NBA roster every year since '08-'09. It's a long season. If he's not on a roster when the season tips off I think some team out there will offer him a contract during the season.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since your a stats guy, he’d make it easily if you look at PER.

I guess Melo must also be not talented enough then?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If this is true, I wouldn't have an issue with the Lakers kicking the tires on him as long as they don't think they can get Iggy.

He may not be able to do much else, but the guy can still put the ball in the hoop.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been on an NBA roster every year since '08-'09. It's a long season. If he's not on a roster when the season tips off I think some team out there will offer him a contract during the season.

Hopefully, but Idk.
He’s burned alot of bridges.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players don't always play to win. Ever see the Washington Generals all time record?

They’d prob be .500 if they could nightly play the Cavs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not necessarily. I think there's a point where the negatives outweigh the positives, especially as players get older.

Beasley's only 30, so not exactly ancient, but he's also been in the league for 10 years and has never seemed to care enough to do what he needs to do to be better.

Maybe, for much of the league, his time with the Lakers last year was viewed as his last chance to "make good." He was on a team that was expected to make the playoffs and was teamed up with Lebron who is apparently a good friend.

Yet, he still managed to have them want to move on from him. He had a chance to show that he's learned from his past and he blew it.

The league giving up on him doesn't mean he isn't still a very talented player. It may simply mean that teams have decided he's never going to learn.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. I think there's a point where the negatives outweigh the positives, especially as players get older.

Beasley's only 30, so not exactly ancient, but he's also been in the league for 10 years and has never seemed to care enough to do what he needs to do to be better.

Maybe, for much of the league, his time with the Lakers last year was viewed as his last chance to "make good." He was on a team that was expected to make the playoffs and was teamed up with Lebron who is apparently a good friend.

Yet, he still managed to have them want to move on from him. He had a chance to show that he's learned from his past and he blew it.

The league giving up on him doesn't mean he isn't still a very talented player. It may simply mean that teams have decided he's never going to learn.

He’s not going to ever change.
I think he’ll dominate Big 3 league though :L