• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are giving him zero blame for everything that happened before with last year’s roster? All the stories of extreme dysfunction in the Laker FO?

Look, they can still make this work.

But if they were any other franchise than the LA Lakers, they would not have either LeBron or AD. Because they have not been run very well since Pelinka was hired. And yet, they may still end up with a contending caliber roster anyway.

it's like i said the other day, coach...

we fell into a bucket of shit, and COULD come up smelling like a rose...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are giving him zero blame for everything that happened before with last year’s roster? All the stories of extreme dysfunction in the Laker FO?

But if they were any other franchise than the LA Lakers, they would not have either LeBron or AD. Because they have not been run very well since Pelinka was hired. And yet, they may still end up with a contending caliber roster anyway.

Not giving the guy zero blame but atleast give the guy credit where credit is due.

A little over a month ago everybody was raving about how bad the Lakers' front office is, Safe to say honor has almost been restored now.

Needless to say, it wasn't Pelinka who got a tampering fine. It wasn't Pelinka who leaked the proposed trade back in Feb for AD which ruined team chemistry.

Pelinka isn't done yet. He still needs a home run in free agency. But so far he's made all the right moves.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not giving the guy zero blame but atleast give the guy credit where credit is due.

A little over a month ago everybody was raving about how bad the Lakers' front office is, Safe to say honor has almost been restored now.

Needless to say, it wasn't Pelinka who got a tampering fine. It wasn't Pelinka who leaked the proposed trade back in Feb for AD which ruined team chemistry.

Pelinka isn't done yet. He still needs a home run in free agency. But so far he's made all the right moves.

If he finishes the job, I will give him credit.

He does not deserve it yet, because there are still a lot ways he can mess this up.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he finishes the job, I will give him credit.

He does not deserve it yet, because there are still a lot ways he can mess this up.

I completely agree.

But while he doesn't deserve credit yet, he also doesn't deserve criticism - all the decisions made last season went through Magic.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite Pelinka story is this one. He was telling the team a story however many years ago about Kobe having lunch w/ Heath Ledger. Only one problem. When this fake lunch supposedly happen Ledger had already OD'd. Pelinka- bullshitter extraordinaire.

Bullshitter describes every agent...ever. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We don't know what happened with last years roster. There could be any number of possibilities from the better FA's not being available or not interested to the FO actually thinking it was a good idea.

We also don't know what Magic allowed Pelinka to do or how much say he allowed him to have. Mitch Kupchak got skewered for signing Mozgov and Deng until it turned out that those were done by Short Buss.

As I said earlier, since Magic left, we have seen Pelinka make the AD trade and clear the cap space that most were saying he wouldn't be able to do.

So let me re-phrase my earlier question...Since Magic left, what has Pelinka done wrong?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. We don't know and probably never will know exactly what happened between Magic and Pelinka.

What we do know is that since Magic left and Jeanie said Pelinka is in charge of basketball operations, he's done a good job.

I agree with @tlance that there is still plenty that could go wrong. But right now, I have no complaints.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, on Magic and Pelinka...I don't know who was at fault. My bet would be that some degree or another, it was both of their faults.

But, when spats go public, the one doing most of the talking, usually ends up being the one in the wrong.

Pelinka hasn't said shit. Magic hasn't shut up.

To be fair, that could simply be because of their personalities. Pelinka doesn't seem like much of a talker and Magic has actually been fined for talking. lol

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, on Magic and Pelinka...I don't know who was at fault. My bet would be that some degree or another, it was both of their faults.

But, when spats go public, the one doing most of the talking, usually ends up being the one in the wrong.

Pelinka hasn't said shit. Magic hasn't shut up.

To be fair, that could simply be because of their personalities. Pelinka doesn't seem like much of a talker and Magic has actually been fined for talking. lol

I love Magic. He's the reason I became a Lakers fan.

But he wasn't suited for his role in the organization. Magic is a fan of the game and a fan of the players and he was basically forced to shut up about everything he loved.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Magic. He's the reason I became a Lakers fan.

But he wasn't suited for his role in the organization. Magic is a fan of the game and a fan of the players and he was basically forced to shut up about everything he loved.

Agree. When it comes to basketball and especially the Lakers, Magic is an ambassador, not an executive.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lakers really should be on a Kawhi or role players only plan. It's really not worth maxing out anyone else but him.

Plus, I have a hard time believing that after all that Little Brother stuff in Cleveland, Kyrie is totally cool with being Lebron's sidekick again. He might be ok being a sidekick (KD's), but not Lebron's.