• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I regret to announce I have withdrawn from Team USAs training camp and FIBA World Cup play this summer too.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To do what?

Void deals?

Issue fines?

Nope nothing.

I don't get how they can do anything about the process.

If there is no proof of communication between the team and a player who is a free agent then what can you do? What you going to do? Tell players on other teams they can't talk to each other?

For example, everyone knew about the Nets salary space. It isn't possible to stop KD, Kyrie, & DJ for making the decision to join the Nets prior to FA.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I regret to announce I have withdrawn from Team USAs training camp and FIBA World Cup play this summer too.

Then if team USA don't win gold, watch all these clowns start talking about how they want to play for team USA again

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Gman

Help me out here...

How is Horford negotiating a deal with Philly before free agency different from Kemba doing it with the Celtics.

That Kemba to Celtics news came out before free agency technically began, no?

We all know everyone is tampering.
Agreed. It's all tampering... technically a no/no, but everyone is doing it at certain points of the year. So... :noidea:
Mecca said:
But, why complain if you are doing it too?
All I've seen is a claim from Windhorst that the Celtics are sandy about it.

I take that with a grain of salt... it's the slow time of year in the NBA, and these talking heads need something to talk about.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then if team USA don't win gold, watch all these clowns start talking about how they want to play for team USA again

If anything it's going to give the "next tier" guys a chance to prove themselves, especially on the international stage.

We all know what the superstars can do.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope nothing.

I don't get how they can do anything about the process.

If there is no proof of communication between the team and a player who is a free agent then what can you do? What you going to do? Tell players on other teams they can't talk to each other?

For example, everyone knew about the Nets salary space. It isn't impossible to stop KD, Kyrie, & DJ for making the decision to join the Nets prior to FA.
Fucking Durant announced he was going to the Nets BEFORE he even talked to them!!!!!!

Kevin Durant didn't speak to Nets' GM before signing? That's just strange

Lmfao

That Kawhi, George clandestine meeting is some unsavory Shit.

But, where was the outrage when Harden and Cp3 did the same to the Clippers two years ago?!?!

Players can't tamper.

You can't tell adults who they can and can't associate with, unless it's CONTRACTUALLY illegal or immoral.

#FugOuttaHere

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To do what?

Void deals?

Issue fines?

Just scrap the system as is.
Teams have every opportunity to talk with their players heading into FA.
Just allow other teams the right to communicate. It provides them no edge, and obviously its already been happening.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. It's all tampering... technically a no/no, but everyone is doing it at certain points of the year. So... :noidea:

All I've seen is a claim from Windhorst that the Celtics are sandy about it.

I take that with a grain of salt... it's the slow time of year in the NBA, and these talking heads need something to talk about.
Yeah....

There are too many loopholes to stop it.

Lakers are exhibit A and B of how to circumvent the system.

Lakers signed KCP.

They can then speak with Rich Paul as much as they like.

Lakers didn't pick up the Greek Pipsqueek for his upside.

They now have a direct line to funnel info to Giannis.

Bucks said fug that and used the anti by proactively signing the other brother to a legit NBA contract.

#IfYouAintCheatenYouArentTrying

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just scrap the system as is.
Teams have every opportunity to talk with their players heading into FA.
Just allow other teams the right to communicate. It provides them no edge, and obviously its already been happening.

Only change I think they should make is to have the draft after free agency

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you recall, I said at the time, that this would happen.
Owners will unite and put themselves back in power, or at least try.

I still don't know how they can prevent a Kyrie, KD, or Jordan all deciding months ago that they're going to Brooklyn. You can probably prevent the Horfords to Philly/Kemba to Boston deal happening until a few hours after free agency. There is no way you can stop players from talking to each other months ago likely agreeing on what team they're going to without ever meeting with a team.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't know how they can prevent a Kyrie, KD, or Jordan all deciding months ago that they're going to Brooklyn. You can probably prevent the Horfords to Philly/Kemba to Boston deal happening until a few hours after free agency. There is no way you can stop players from talking to each other months ago likely agreeing on what team they're going to without ever meeting with a team.

I agree with this.

I meant in general, finding ways to take back control of things that can be controlled.
Its reached the point where players will sign a contract and feel that they aren’t bound to it if they choose to just become a headache.

Maybe add a clause where trades by player can be requested, but some type of financial penalty applies?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe add a clause where trades by player can be requested, but some type of financial penalty applies?

What about penalty for teams who trade players a year after that player signed a 4 or 5 year deal?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about penalty for teams who trade players a year after that player signed a 4 or 5 year deal?

Change no trade clause rules.
Without one, owners have every right to trade a player.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Change no trade clause rules.
Without one, owners have every right to trade a player.

I get that but players are never going to agree to anything where there is some type of financial penalty if they request a deal a year into a contract while the owners can trade them a few months into a long contract without any sort of penalty.

Owners are fighting a losing battle if they try to do that