• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must not be familiar with unions.

The NBA and NFL are completely separate entities. The NBA is a STAR driven league, whereas the NFL is not so much. Lets say the NBA decides to be a complete dick and tell the players 1) we're going to cut your revenue, 2) we're going to restrict your player movement ability and 3) we're going to non-guarantee your contracts you could see the NBA collapse under that.

If the top 25 players in the NBA all decided at one time that they wanted to leave and create their own league, they would find no shortage of investors, TV sponsorship and broadcasting deals, endorsements and new ownership groups aching at the opportunity to form a new league. The NFL because of it's construct wouldn't be able to accomplish that.

I would start by eliminating the Union

Also, I doubt it. The players are too dumb to run an organization, and they are not rich enough to go with it and everything it entails, travel, lodging, airfare, business. Most NBA players don't even make that much. They would have to find these new investors, and the more they bring on the more they would be back in the same situation. Even Lebron would be one of the poorest owners based on todays ownership. They could theoretically do it now, but they don't, because they still can't.

They would also directly be competing with billionaire owners who locked up tv rights...It would be an ugly fight for them. They have plenty of power because the players can't pull this off. They just need to crack the whip per say and all the players will get in line...

Last edited:

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, you can’t beat me in a shooting contest.

This you?

tenor.gif

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if OKC is going to tank then who cares if you have a malcontent on the roster. I just have a feeling if they waited a guy like Pat Riley would have gotten them a better deal with a 3 way trade of some sort.

Because Paul George makes you a respectable team. If you're going to go down the path of tanking, you need to bottom out. The Heat weren't going to be able to offer up the package that the Clippers did.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would start by eliminating the Union

Also, I doubt it. The players are too dumb to run an organization, and they are not rich enough to go with it and everything it entails, travel, lodging, airfare, business. Most NBA players don't even make that much. They would have to find these new investors, and the more they bring on the more they would be back in the same situation. Even Lebron would be one of the poorest owners based on todays ownership. They could theoretically do it now, but they don't, because they still can't.

They would also directly be competing with billionaire owners who locked up tv rights...It would be an ugly fight for them. They have plenty of power because the players can't pull this off. They just need to crack the whip per say and all the players will get in line...

Yeah....you haven't thought this through. If you take out the top 25 NBA players, you're going to lose ratings significantly.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Paul George makes you a respectable team. If you're going to go down the path of tanking, you need to bottom out. The Heat weren't going to be able to offer up the package that the Clippers did.
especially because no one really thinks Winslow and Bam are difference makers in the grand scheme of things.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great.

Another decade of Grunfield disciple #1

Why would an internal hire even be an option here?
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha

i saw that and just laughed

they just let Portis, Ariza, Satoransky, Parker walk for nothing. They draft Hachimura 9th and for some reason- they are going to sit on Bradley Beal until he is close to leaving and loses half of his value.

If the Browns can get it straightened out anyone can---- but you are in for a long haul of shit. LOL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you so high on Indy?
I'm medium on Indy since Oladipo wont be back till December and even then he will take at least a couple months to get back to anywhere near 100%.

But Indy has a lot of guys that can play- a lot of versatility....

Brogdon was a great get. Icant wait to see him and Oladipo together. Sabonis/Turner big man combo is excellent.

Warren is solid. Lamb is a great backup wing once Oladipo is back. McConnel and joseph are excellent bench players.

Its a long, rugged, versatile group that can shoot the ball and fits well together. Almost every guy has room for improvement.

Pg: Brogdon
Sg: Oladipo
SF: Warren
PF: Turner
C: Sabonis

Bench: Joseph, McConnell, Lamb, Holliday, Holliday, McDermott, --- Leaf and Bitadze are both young guys with upside.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha

i saw that and just laughed

they just let Portis, Ariza, Satoransky, Parker walk for nothing. They draft Hachimura 9th and for some reason- they are going to sit on Bradley Beal until he is close to leaving and loses half of his value.

If the Browns can get it straightened out anyone can---- but you are in for a long haul of shit. LOL[/QUOTE]

Know wHat?

Even if the Cavs do everything right, they are in for a long haul of shit too.

Congratulations!

And the NFL is totally different. Could not be a more apples to oranges comparison.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
especially because no one really thinks Winslow and Bam are difference makers in the grand scheme of things.

They're fine players, I never said they're going to be multi-time all stars. Not sure what point you're trying to drive here exactly.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shooting freethrows is just as much mental as it is anything else. There's been lots of reports of guys like DeAndre, and even back in the day Andris Biedrins who would routinely hit 80% or better during practices but like suddenly forgot how to shoot during games.

Confidence is real.

On a side note, Klay only shot 81% from the line last year. That's kind of crazy when you think about how great of a shooter he is. He's a solid 84.8% for his career but way below guys who are in his shooting caliber like Ray Allen 89.4, Reggie at 88.8, Steph at 90.5.

Just did a random 5 person search of guys who were great 3 point shooters but terrible freethrow shooters...Dale Ellis had a 40.3% 3PT percentage but only shot 78.4% from the freethrow line. Wonder who would be in that caliber of shooting with a lower percentage?

Agree 100% I would add fatigue being some of a factor especially late. Mental being the main issue. For Simmons it looks like it is anything past 7 feet

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100% I would add fatigue being some of a factor especially late. Mental being the main issue. For Simmons it looks like it is anything past 7 feet

Also, practicing by shooting a bunch of free throws in a row is good to build up skill and muscle memory, but it isn’t game like at all.

It is a lot easier to make the 10th FT than it is to make the first.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, on the Paul George front, you don't want a malcontent all-star player on the roster. OKC made out like bandits on that one as they got 6 picks from the Lakers as well as SGA who's a good young player. They really weren't going to get any better than that because from a rebuilding view, there's not much else you'd want from the Clippers sans promising young players and draft picks.

The Lakers got PG? I thought the Clips got him.

Pelinka's a damn magician.

Lakers gonna win the whole dang champeenship.

:D

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that they're going to take 40% of their market value just to play for the Bucks. What a time to be alive.

Well, Milwaukee has the best cheese curds. That's a pretty big selling point.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....you haven't thought this through. If you take out the top 25 NBA players, you're going to lose ratings significantly.

lol

I stopped reading when he said "I would eliminate the union."

Because yeah, that'll work.