• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Oklahoma City is... resigning Paul George was supposed to be the big coup.

They defied the "small market odds"... they bagged a superstar.

Then George very quickly turned around and spit in their face.

So, while OKC did well in the wake of this insult... the whole situation is a net negative.

Even if they get lucky, some of their future picks are high ones, and they draft well... they've done that routine before.

Where does that get a small market team if guys don't want to stay there?

Needs to be addressed next CBA.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same way they address every other rule change.

Exchange thoughts, agree on solution.

Maybe change the rules for no trade clauses, for starters?

A no trade clause only protects the player from being dealt against his will. Does not protect the team at all.

I don’t think they should fix this. Small market teams will always be at a disadvantage. But, if you manage your team better than the big market, you can beat them.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Westbrook trade was stupid.

They dealt him where he wanted to go instead of where they could get the best return. It will cost them more assets to get rid of Paul than what they acquired from the deal if they move him this season.

The George trade was just fine.

Thunder weren’t winning a damn thing. Their roster was flawed. They stockpiled draft picks and got a head start in a rebuild.

The George trade was mediocre at best. The Thunder got a bunch of picks that will end up being low picks in the draft, plus Gallinari who shit the bed in the playoffs last year. He’ll never develop into a star player and you gave up your best player for him. Such a dumb move. If OKC were willing to wait and explore more options , then there is no doubt they could acquired more value for George. Honestly, why rush to move him if they were blowing up the team anyway? They caved in to the Clippers for no good reason. I think OKC just has a dumb front office, the Westbrook/CP3 trade just confirms it.

Last edited:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A no trade clause only protects the player from being dealt against his will. Does not protect the team at all.

I don’t think they should fix this. Small market teams will always be at a disadvantage. But, if you manage your team better than the big market, you can beat them.

I was talking about being traded against their will.
If a player wants to avoid that, make sure its in the contract.
Current rules make it difficult.

On the other hand, players should honor their contracts.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The George trade was mediocre at best. The Thunder got a bunch of picks that will end up being low picks in the draft, plus Gallinari who shit the bed in the playoffs last year. He’ll never develop into a star player and you gave up your best player for him. Such a dumb move. If OKC were willing to wait and explore more options , then there is no doubt they could acquired more value for George. Honestly, why rush to move him if they were blowing up the team anyway? They caved in to the Clippers for no good reason. I think OKC just has a dumb front office, the Westbrook/CP3 trade just confirms it.

Have to disagree with you on the George trade. Gallinari is a shooter with an expiring contract, just watch what Presti turns him into later in the season. Alexander is going to be a great player and the draft picks are unprecedented, you are the only one anywhere I have seen that talked like that about that trade.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about being traded against their will.
If a player wants to avoid that, make sure its in the contract.
Current rules make it difficult.

On the other hand, players should honor their contracts.
Agree with that last part....though really they did. Asking for a trade is not against the language of the contract.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reverse trade kicker with the trading team's option to use.

The rub is that the team that trades for that player gets the full cap hit and not the reduction based on the reverse trade kicker. So there's no added benefit to the team trading for the player, it just hurts the player's pocket.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with that last part....though really they did. Asking for a trade is not against the language of the contract.

True, but ‘asking’ in the sense of the word how must use it, is different then becoming a huge diva distraction like AD, for example did.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to disagree with you on the George trade. Gallinari is a shooter with an expiring contract, just watch what Presti turns him into later in the season. Alexander is going to be a great player and the draft picks are unprecedented, you are the only one anywhere I have seen that talked like that about that trade.

Clippers were happy to unload Gallinari on a sucker like OKC, they are dancing in the streets right now. OKC won’t have the same luck getting a good return for Gallinari. Presti seems to be an idiot anyway. I doubt Alexander will develop into a star, probably end up being a solid role player at best.

Let’s list the picks you got:

· Heat’s 2021 unprotected first-round pick.

· Clippers’ unprotected 2022 first-round pick.

· Heat’s 2023 first round pick (top-14 protected).

· The right to swap first-round picks with the Clippers in 2023.

· Clippers’ unprotected 2024 first-round pick.

· The right to swap first-round picks with the Clippers in 2025.

· Clippers’ unprotected 2026 first-round pick.

The Clippers will be a great team for the foreseeable future, those picks will be late first round picks. The Heat are making moves to improve their team so the Heat’s 2021 pick will probably in the middle of the first round and the Heat’s 2023 pick is protected.

OKC got fleeced, my friend.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers were happy to unload Gallinari on a sucker like OKC, they are dancing in the streets right now. OKC won’t have the same luck getting a good return for Gallinari. Presti seems to be an idiot anyway. I doubt Alexander will develop into a star, probably end up being a solid role player at best.

Let’s list the picks you got:

· Heat’s 2021 unprotected first-round pick.

· Clippers’ unprotected 2022 first-round pick.

· Heat’s 2023 first round pick (top-14 protected).

· The right to swap first-round picks with the Clippers in 2023.

· Clippers’ unprotected 2024 first-round pick.

· The right to swap first-round picks with the Clippers in 2025.

· Clippers’ unprotected 2026 first-round pick.

The Clippers will be a great team for the foreseeable future, those picks will be late first round picks. The Heat are making moves to improve their team so the Heat’s 2021 pick will probably in the middle of the first round and the Heat’s 2023 pick is protected.

OKC got fleeced, my friend.
Just curious...what do you think they should have received for him?

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think OKC will be sneaky good this year

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol What's sneaky good to you?

If you're saying 37-41 wins then I agree. Anything else then I disagree

Sneaky good could be competing for the 40 wins. I think they are a 32 or less win team on paper. They have a past his prime CP3, Adams, Schroder, SGA...I think that isnt very good in a stacked west.

12th or 13th best team in west? That sounds like a top 10 pick

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious...what do you think they should have received for him?

Better picks and swaps for one. They sent PG to team up with Kawhi to create the best team in the NBA, most of those picks and swaps will be useless or mediocre at best.

Trade for a better player than Gallinari. He's not a very good player, he's already 30 years old and he won't give you much trade value. Who they got instead would depend on their plans for the future and whether they plan to tank or not. See, that's my biggest problem is they went and traded PG and really had no plan like they were forced to do it immediately. They needed to step back and evaluate their situation and form a plan. Now they got CP3 and have fucked themselves because they were too quick to make trades without thinking. The haste to trade PG is what started this whole debacle.

Do you think OKC is planning on tanking? Or do you think they want to remain relatively competitive?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better picks and swaps for one. They sent PG to team up with Kawhi to create the best team in the NBA, most of those picks and swaps will be useless or mediocre at best.

Trade for a better player than Gallinari. He's not a very good player, he's already 30 years old and he won't give you much trade value. Who they got instead would depend on their plans for the future and whether they plan to tank or not. See, that's my biggest problem is they went and traded PG and really had no plan like they were forced to do it immediately. They needed to step back and evaluate their situation and form a plan. Now they got CP3 and have fucked themselves because they were too quick to make trades without thinking. The haste to trade PG is what started this whole debacle.

Do you think OKC is planning on tanking? Or do you think they want to remain relatively competitive?
How are they gonna get better picks? Any team acquiring PG is probably doing so to be a title contender. Are you thinking the team acquiring PG should ask a bad team if they can borrow their picks for the deal?

Galinari was acquired for salary purposes and because he was expiring. who'd ya have in mind who would be better for them to acquire?

I'm not disagreeing maybe they should have waited, but possible they got a take it or leave it and knew they weren't going anywhere so they made the deal and will rebuild.