• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The George trade was mediocre at best. The Thunder got a bunch of picks that will end up being low picks in the draft, plus Gallinari who shit the bed in the playoffs last year. He’ll never develop into a star player and you gave up your best player for him. Such a dumb move. If OKC were willing to wait and explore more options , then there is no doubt they could acquired more value for George. Honestly, why rush to move him if they were blowing up the team anyway? They caved in to the Clippers for no good reason. I think OKC just has a dumb front office, the Westbrook/CP3 trade just confirms it.

Gallinari was an expiring contract to make the salaries match.

This was all about the picks.

And Kawhi and PG could both opt out and leave in 2 years.

OKC did just fine.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OKC did just fine.

Yep and when healthy.....Gallinari can shoot and score.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are they gonna get better picks? Any team acquiring PG is probably doing so to be a title contender. Are you thinking the team acquiring PG should ask a bad team if they can borrow their picks for the deal?
If OKC’s goal was to acquire 1st round picks then involving a 3rd team in a trade is a good option. Even if you were to deal PG to another contender straight up, the probability of their picks being higher would still be much better. TBH, I’m not a big fan of picks unless they are top 10 picks, they are very unpredictable.

Galinari was acquired for salary purposes and because he was expiring. who'd ya have in mind who would be better for them to acquire?
You have a link to this? I don’t think they need to take salary back since the Clippers were under the cap but I could be wrong. Why take crap anyway just for salary purposes.

I'm not disagreeing maybe they should have waited, but possible they got a take it or leave it and knew they weren't going anywhere so they made the deal and will rebuild.

I don't get OKC, though, they had the Clippers over a barrel. They could have asked for a better player than Gallinari. Then they go and trade Westbrook for CP3 after the PG trade, WTF? They look like their in rebuild mode then make that dumbass trade. I have to believe their front office is just dumb at this point.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OKC did just fine.

I thought the Clippers had two max spots to absorb PG's salary and sign Kawhi as a FA. I could be wrong, though. And if this wall about the picks, I think most of those picks won't amount to shit. Bad deal for OKC.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors maybe just played good defense? Klay isn't some shitty defender and neither is KD

From what I saw, he missed wide open shots that he should have easily made. He's always been a disappointment. You look at his size, mobility and skills and you would think he would be a star in this league, however, he just fall way short every time.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Clippers had two max spots to absorb PG's salary and sign Kawhi as a FA. I could be wrong, though. And if this wall about the picks, I think most of those picks won't amount to shit. Bad deal for OKC.

They did until they signed guys like Beverly

And again, it the Clippers could suck by 2023.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did until they signed guys like Beverly

And again, it the Clippers could suck by 2023.

I doubt they suck. Balmer looks like he isn't afraid to spend and hire the right executive staff.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers were happy to unload Gallinari on a sucker like OKC, they are dancing in the streets right now. OKC won’t have the same luck getting a good return for Gallinari. Presti seems to be an idiot anyway. I doubt Alexander will develop into a star, probably end up being a solid role player at best.

Let’s list the picks you got:

· Heat’s 2021 unprotected first-round pick.

· Clippers’ unprotected 2022 first-round pick.

· Heat’s 2023 first round pick (top-14 protected).

· The right to swap first-round picks with the Clippers in 2023.

· Clippers’ unprotected 2024 first-round pick.

· The right to swap first-round picks with the Clippers in 2025.

· Clippers’ unprotected 2026 first-round pick.

The Clippers will be a great team for the foreseeable future, those picks will be late first round picks. The Heat are making moves to improve their team so the Heat’s 2021 pick will probably in the middle of the first round and the Heat’s 2023 pick is protected.

OKC got fleeced, my friend.

That makes one of you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If OKC’s goal was to acquire 1st round picks then involving a 3rd team in a trade is a good option. Even if you were to deal PG to another contender straight up, the probability of their picks being higher would still be much better. TBH, I’m not a big fan of picks unless they are top 10 picks, they are very unpredictable.

You have a link to this? I don’t think they need to take salary back since the Clippers were under the cap but I could be wrong. Why take crap anyway just for salary purposes.

I don't get OKC, though, they had the Clippers over a barrel. They could have asked for a better player than Gallinari. Then they go and trade Westbrook for CP3 after the PG trade, WTF? They look like their in rebuild mode then make that dumbass trade. I have to believe their front office is just dumb at this point.

These picks are so far out and Kawhi could be gone in 3-4 years possible those picks are higher than we think. and no team with high picks would deal them I don't think. Reason to have the picks is to move them later also. Cavs had a ton of picks and used them to get Love, for instance.

who are the Clippers offering better than Galinari who also has an expiring deal?

4-5 first rounders is a lot. Hard to call it dumb without seeing how they are used.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They get an A on the Clippers trade. They were going with the tank route, and they got SGA from the Clips which is a decent talent. Outside of that, there's not anyone you want from the Clippers in terms of rebuild.

They proceeded to get an F on the Westbrook trade. It made no sense to trade for CP3.