• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an attempt to get this thread back on track.

Man.

I had my doubts before reading this.

But if Broussard says it won’t work, doesn’t that virtually guarantee that it will?

Houston, order your rings!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really.

But I have been given no reason to believe that they would have been able to get one.

Maybe a Tobias Harris/Kris Middleton level player, but not a truly elite guy.

Is it possible they could have?

Sure.

But the evidence of Cleveland history points to the negative.
Hayward was a main target of theirs pre-LeBron and he was expected to come here and play with Kyrie, but once LeBron's willingness to leave Miami became known they of course audibled.

There simply arent that many teams in the league that get major free agents, and even those teams dont get them that often, years and years between.

Cavs will be fine...they are in solid shape, bunch of picks, young players, relatively clean books, solid management, an owner that will pay whatever it takes ---whether its when they are in contention bringing an extra guy, or taking back bad contracts just to basically buy extra picks.

whats up with your Wiz?

How stupid can they be? They literally just let Portis, Satoransky, Ariza and Parker walk for nothing. Why not trade one of those guys- ESPECIALLY Ariza at the deadline?

they should be looking to trade Beal as well- if they dont get a great package- dont trade him- but for fucksake you have to at least try.

Your Wiz, the Suns and Knicks are easily the worst run teams in the NBA with a 2nd group of Minnesota, Chicago, LAL, a notch down

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayward was a main target of theirs pre-LeBron and he was expected to come here and play with Kyrie, but once LeBron's willingness to leave Miami became known they of course audibled.

There simply arent that many teams in the league that get major free agents, and even those teams dont get them that often, years and years between.

Cavs will be fine...they are in solid shape, bunch of picks, young players, relatively clean books, solid management, an owner that will pay whatever it takes ---whether its when they are in contention bringing an extra guy, or taking back bad contracts just to basically buy extra picks.

whats up with your Wiz?

How stupid can they be? They literally just let Portis, Satoransky, Ariza and Parker walk for nothing. Why not trade one of those guys- ESPECIALLY Ariza at the deadline?

they should be looking to trade Beal as well- if they dont get a great package- dont trade him- but for fucksake you have to at least try.

Your Wiz, the Suns and Knicks are easily the worst run teams in the NBA with a 2nd group of Minnesota, Chicago, LAL, a notch down

Hayward was a RFA. Cleveland could've thrown him a max and Utah would've matched them.

And I don't know why you keep pointing out how bad the Wizards are. @tlance has literally admitted his team is one of the worst ran franchises in the league.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with him big time.

I think the offense would change at this point with Russ. Sure, if they tried to have Russ serve as a 3-point shooter, then it's a bad idea. D'Antoni is a lot of things, but he at least understands offense and the strengths that his players have on that end.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, you all need to stop talking about Hayward like you were actually going to get him in 2014. He was a restricted FA and Utah was always going to match.

The Cavs are absolutely doing things the right way. No doubt about that. Still, as others have stated, Miami is more likely to build a contender again before Cleveland is even if Cleveland does everything right and Miami continues making its share of mistakes.

Because it is a lot easier to build a contender in Miami than Cleveland.

As for the Wiz?

I do think I have figured out their plan. I think They are attempting to follow the Robinson Spurs model. Tank for a year while keeping Beal and Wall, get a high lotto pick next year, get Wall back and try to sign some quality role players in free agency to go around a core of: Wall, Beal, rookie stud, Hachimura, and Bryant.

Is it a good plan?

No. But that is par for the course for the Wizards. I will be surprised if they trade Beal.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can OKC get a big hairy snatch in return for Chris Paul is the question

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with him big time.

The only way Russ and Harden work is if D'Antoni revamps their offense. I agree with Broussard if they run the SAME exact offense. D'Antoni in the past has taken a system and gotten players that have fit it. He hasn't changed his system to fit his players. He needs to do that to make this work.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside's tenure being garbage is def NOT hypothetical. Me being right about the Heat the last few years is DEF. not hypothetical.

#timevindicates

Are you hypothetically thinking that post was directed to you vs who it was?

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way Russ and Harden work is if D'Antoni revamps their offense. I agree with Broussard if they run the SAME exact offense. D'Antoni in the past has taken a system and gotten players that have fit it. He hasn't changed his system to fit his players. He needs to do that to make this work.

What can he really do, though, it's a mismatch duo.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK...so maybe the Cavs had a 3 year head start whoop-de-hell. Neither has had much success without its star.

Why 3 years?
Took Cavs 6 years to initially make players.
Heat did it in 4th.

Heat > Cavs reason # 8569