• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends what they are giving us in addition, and if there's still a way to add another max down the road.

Don't think it's possible given that Winslow will likely have a cap hold/ or new contract in 2021 and Bam may be up for an extension by that time. That's mainly why I don't want CP3.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What can he really do, though, it's a mismatch duo.

Look at PG and Russ, shit can go wrong. I mean I love the move bc that CP3 contract was so bad nobody would have ever thought they could get Russ out of it.

I think this will be D'Antoni's legacy right here. You have the talent now do something with it, be original and change up your offense. If he can't do it now then he will never have a hope at winning a title as a coach. D'Antoni can win all the games he wants but will never truly be a great coach.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the offense would change at this point with Russ. Sure, if they tried to have Russ serve as a 3-point shooter, then it's a bad idea. D'Antoni is a lot of things, but he at least understands offense and the strengths that his players have on that end.

Yeah exactly. I think expecting Russ to do the things CP3 would be dumb. Russ been in the league 10+ years now. We know what his strengths are on offense

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at PG and Russ, shit can go wrong. I mean I love the move bc that CP3 contract was so bad nobody would have ever thought they could get Russ out of it.

I think this will be D'Antoni's legacy right here. You have the talent now do something with it, be original and change up your offense. If he can't do it now then he will never have a hope at winning a title as a coach. D'Antoni can win all the games he wants but will never truly be a great coach.
Harden
Westbrook
Gordon
Tucker
Capela

is one of, if not the best full starting lineup in the entire NBA.....its do or die for them at this point

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That doesn't really answer the question, though. If you were the coach, what could you do to get the most out of this pairing?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Utterly washed. He was good for the Lakers when they first got him but after a few games, he couldn't keep up because he's too old. He's a dude that's only gonna be able to help you 1 out of every 5 games if that

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol....CHAMPIONSHIP OR BUST IN LAL!!!!!!!!!

anyone want to say otherwise?

IMO, any Lebron team AFTER his first Finals loss, and excluding last season, should have been championship or bust.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden
Westbrook
Gordon
Tucker
Capela

is one of, if not the best full starting lineup in the entire NBA.....its do or die for them at this point

I don't know about that. They are better defensively, however.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think it's possible given that Winslow will likely have a cap hold/ or new contract in 2021 and Bam may be up for an extension by that time. That's mainly why I don't want CP3.

How about moving Winslow?
We (meaning us) were willing to give him up for Westbrook.

OKC can gives us CP3, a few picks and whom?
We give them Dragic, Winslow, ++

I guess question is, is CP3 better then having Dragic, Winslow this season?

Probably not?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably not?

CP3's better than both (slightly better at this point). But we lose depth, and given the money he makes, the juice isn't worth the squeeze. Plus that $44 mil on his last year is going to hurt, especially when Jimmy's going to make close to $40 mil as well.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't really answer the question, though. If you were the coach, what could you do to get the most out of this pairing?

yeah I did, look at PG and Russ. Mismatch duo.
KD and Russ. Mismatch duo...even match.

Like I said shit can go wrong especially in D'Antoni's system, that is the only reason I brought up his system.

And to answer that question, that is why I am not a coach...it will be a challenge but you will have to see RW and Harden progress as players and what I mean by that..is they have to play better off ball. We know Harden can shoot and he will have to be a better off ball shooter. Russ needs to be a better cutter and always play better off ball but at least when both these guys attack they will have plenty of shooters around them. It will be a challenge

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The topic was comparing success of franchises, then, turned into how many Heat series wins without Wade vs Cavs series wins without LeBron.
The answer might be 3 to both, but the Cavs played 17 more seasons, therefore their % is much worse.

Let me guess.
You aren't married.
Oh he's married
I think we are his arguing outlet because if he was like this with his wife he'd be very divorced

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably not?

CP3 isn't getting Miami out of the East. So you basically lose Winslow for being a little better....AND you can't sign a max guy or another close to it for 2 years, which includes the great class of 2021 while losing a young player in Winslow.

All signs point to this being a bad move.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I did, look at PG and Russ. Mismatch duo.
KD and Russ. Mismatch duo...even match.

Like I said shit can go wrong especially in D'Antoni's system, that is the only reason I brought up his system.

And to answer that question, that is why I am not a coach...it will be a challenge but you will have to see RW and Harden progress as players and what I mean by that..is they have to play better off ball. We know Harden can shoot and he will have to be a better off ball shooter. Russ needs to be a better cutter and always play better off ball but at least when both these guys attack they will have plenty of shooters around them. It will be a challenge

Russ and Harden are much more of a mismatch considering they are probably the 2 biggest ball hogs in the history of the game. The challenge of finding chemistry between those 2 is too much to ask for IMHO.