• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Leonard had some pretty good games but he is nothing close to Love. Love is an elite rebounder, can shoot the 3 CONSISTENTLY and a underrated and willing passer. Those young players are nice but those guy aren't close to Love when healthy. They are just decent role players.
Leonard is hot garbage that they have been begging other teams to take

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think they would to get off those bad contrats....throw in a first rounder or two in there as well and now maybe we taking.

On the other hand, htat team would be so young with no leadership. It would get murdered even with a otn of talent Sacramento or Suns style.

You gotta have guys like Love that have good leadership and draw attention and help guys throughout the lean times nad make sure they dont get their brains beat in and lose hope.

And I think that is the main reason they will keep Love around...leadership. Just having a veteran to remind you about little things during the game, teaching off and on the court, confidence, etc.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Love Hate is real here (I'm copywriting that). In all seriousness, while the guy is not a superstar he is still a 5X all star and capable 20-10 guy who can hit 3s and clear out the paint. Those guys don't grow on trees.

Collins and Leonard a decent Love impersonation?

You're downgrading Klay but still backing Love, who's coming off yet another season shortened by injury just as he gets into the big money in his extension (basically $30M per for the next 4). He's not young anymore.

Of course he's talented. He's also overpaid now, and that contract will only get tougher to move as he gets older.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big minutes will go to Nurkic when he returns. Most everyone else on the roster is a perimeter player (especially with Turner now dealt), having your big down low isn't a problem.
Nurkic and Love would be a great combo.......combine that with lillard and mccollum and then you are finally talking about a team that could make a Finals.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think they would to get off those bad contrats....throw in a first rounder or two in there as well and now maybe we taking.

On the other hand, htat team would be so young with no leadership. It would get murdered even with a otn of talent Sacramento or Suns style.

You gotta have guys like Love that have good leadership and draw attention and help guys throughout the lean times nad make sure they dont get their brains beat in and lose hope.
agree...say what you will about him, but a 19-63 team was 7-9 when he returned from injury and played at least 15+ minutes. He at least is someone the D has to pay attention to when he's on the floor to help out sexton and now Garland.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're downgrading Klay but still backing Love, who's coming off yet another season shortened by injury just as he gets into the big money in his extension (basically $30M per for the next 4). He's not young anymore.

Of course he's talented. He's also overpaid now, and that contract will only get tougher to move as he gets older.
Love has def. had some injuries but nothing neaerly as serious as what Klay has

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This seems like such a BAD idea for Houston. Especially shipping out PJ Tucker

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What bad contracts, lol? Harkless and Leonard are expiring.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you'd like to compare Love and Doncic I'll tell you no question I'm listing Doncic above Love.

Yes, in a comparison of Leonard and Collins (who are not exactly Doncic) with Love I am saying Love is far better. Guess what....Klay is far better than both, as well. Try and stay focused on each topic.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree...say what you will about him, but a 19-63 team was 7-9 when he returned from injury and played at least 15+ minutes. He at least is someone the D has to pay attention to when he's on the floor to help out sexton and now Garland.
I mean, people can criticize Love all they want.

He is 6' 11".....shoots the hell out of the 3, is a top 10 reobunder in the game, is one of the best big man passers in the league, and is a solid leader and teammate. Big men that go for 19 and 11 on 38% shooting from 3 that can pass the ball are not exactly easy to find.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nurkic and Love would be a great combo.......combine that with lillard and mccollum and then you are finally talking about a team that could make a Finals.

Damian and CJ then Love and Nurkic. Those are two duos that compliment each other a lot. Portland is SO much better with a healthy Love. But the Cavs want a lot from Love and I can see why, leadership veteran for the youngsters and to a team that needs that 3rd option he would be a huge pickup. Better pay a steep price

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you saying that Klay definitely won't get back in time to play 22 games this season? This past season, that would've been Feb 27th.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damian and CJ then Love and Nurkic. Those are two duos that compliment each other a lot. Portland is SO much better with a healthy Love. But the Cavs want a lot from Love and I can see why, leadership veteran for the youngsters and to a team that needs that 3rd option he would be a huge pickup. Better pay a steep price

Not defensively. Love and Nurkic together will get destroyed defensively.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, people can criticize Love all they want.

He is 6' 11".....shoots the hell out of the 3, is a top 10 reobunder in the game, is one of the best big man passers in the league, and is a solid leader and teammate. Big men that go for 19 and 11 on 38% shooting from 3 that can pass the ball are not exactly easy to find.

Then keep him and stop trying to sell him off to some other team constantly.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind that...one conversation was comparing a guy with Doncic. This one is Myles Leanord and Zach Collins.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This seems like such a BAD idea for Houston. Especially shipping out PJ Tucker

Not the best fit but worth a try if they can pull it off, I guess.

I just think Houston has a damn good team but literally GS is the only thing stopping them. KD is injured and might be gone, Klay is injured. Pick up a few role players and try to contend for another title. If you can't beat just Steph and Klay or just Steph you don't deserve to win a title anyway. They will have no depth in this trade and CP3 isn't exact a star anymore, he has a ton of miles on him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying that Klay definitely won't get back in time to play 22 games this season? This past season, that would've been Feb 27th.
I think he might, but Klay is irrelevant to this discussion.