• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Portland interested in such a deal, as it would cost them a ton of young talent. Collins and Leonard did a decent Kevin Love impersonation last month anyway.

Kevin Love would help them make that next step. They offered the Cavs trades in the past but it was a combo of players like Harkless, Turner and Leonard plus a future pick, something like that. I don't see them offering their young players but getting a 3rd option is the only way they get over the hump. Especially with the Lakers becoming a contender now.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Portland interested in such a deal, as it would cost them a ton of young talent. Collins and Leonard did a decent Kevin Love impersonation last month anyway.

LOL

Leonard had some pretty good games but he is nothing close to Love. Love is an elite rebounder, can shoot the 3 CONSISTENTLY and a underrated and willing passer. Those young players are nice but those guy aren't close to Love when healthy. They are just decent role players.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.
I'm waiting on the hard evidence like him being photographed after buying moving boxes from Home Depot.
LOL I think he has people to do that for him

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss would you take a combo of these players for Love?

Nassir Little $2.1
Anfernee Simmons $2.1
Zach Collins $4.2
Mo Harkless $11
Meyers Leonard $11.2

Love is at $28.9 so they would have to match that.

I doubt they would part with Collins and probably Little too but definitely possible.

Maybe Collins, Harkless, Little and a future pick for Love.
Danver has always liked him. Had a deal in place for him to go there but Indiana pulled out if you recall.

Maybe Porter, Plumlee, Barton and a #1?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Leonard had some pretty good games but he is nothing close to Love. Love is an elite rebounder, can shoot the 3 CONSISTENTLY and a underrated and willing passer. Those young players are nice but those guy aren't close to Love when healthy. They are just decent role players.

These guys are splitting minutes and are much more cap friendly than Love would be. I didn't say they were Love, just that they did a reasonable impression at times this postseason as a tandem.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danver has always liked him. Had a deal in place for him to go there but Indiana pulled out if you recall.

Maybe Porter, Plumlee, Barton and a #1?

I think I heard they really don't want to give up Porter but if that was the deal I wouldn't mind it

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys are splitting minutes and are much more cap friendly than Love would be. I didn't say they were Love, just that they did a reasonable impression at times this postseason as a tandem.

Yeah I mean don't get me wrong I like both, really like Collins but keeping one of those guys and adding Love would be a huge pickup. They need a big that can spread the floor and reboudn. He would be a perfect fit too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

The Love Hate is real here (I'm copywriting that). In all seriousness, while the guy is not a superstar he is still a 5X all star and capable 20-10 guy who can hit 3s and clear out the paint. Those guys don't grow on trees.

Collins and Leonard a decent Love impersonation?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I heard they really don't want to give up Porter but if that was the deal I wouldn't mind it
That wasn't the deal that fell apart. Players involved in that one not all with same teams. This was a new hypothetical.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I mean don't get me wrong I like both, really like Collins but keeping one of those guys and adding Love would be a huge pickup. They need a big that can spread the floor and reboudn. He would be a perfect fit too.

The big minutes will go to Nurkic when he returns. Most everyone else on the roster is a perimeter player (especially with Turner now dealt), having your big down low isn't a problem.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were there maybe stretches they played well? Sure. But none have done anything close to what Love has done over a season. Even if you look at the per 36 they really are not close.

Decent rotational players? Sure. But they are dime a dozen.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see a good fit to make a deal with Portland, but who knows....or maybe a 3rd team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss would you take a combo of these players for Love?

Nassir Little $2.1
Anfernee Simmons $2.1
Zach Collins $4.2
Mo Harkless $11
Meyers Leonard $11.2

Love is at $28.9 so they would have to match that.

I doubt they would part with Collins and probably Little too but definitely possible.

Maybe Collins, Harkless, Little and a future pick for Love.
i think they would to get off those bad contrats....throw in a first rounder or two in there as well and now maybe we taking.

On the other hand, htat team would be so young with no leadership. It would get murdered even with a otn of talent Sacramento or Suns style.

You gotta have guys like Love that have good leadership and draw attention and help guys throughout the lean times nad make sure they dont get their brains beat in and lose hope.