• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the cavs had to have a roster would want to join (and leave your team). Notice your team was nowhere close to a team Lebron would entertain playing with last summer?

Refer to my post where I paraphrased Lebron's comments about Miami. Didn't matter what we looked like, he wasn't coming back whether it was 2014 or last year when he went to the Lakers.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll keep the wording small because it means as much.......because the Cavs had a team talented enough with cap space and assets that would entice Lebron to return.

So if Lebron's not from Cleveland, you think he goes back?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man.....Lebron in his 2nd year in Miami was already entertaining the idea of going back to Cleveland. @dtgold88 you're gullible as shit in thinking that getting Irving and a piece to trade for Kevin Love was the sole reason he came back. He came back also because he knew he could bend Gilbert over a barrel and do what he wanted in Cleveland that he couldn't in Miami - run the franchise.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Blake is a top 25 player.

That Russ/Blake P&R is deadly
And what if he is very good friends with Love as has been reported? That wouldn't appeal to him?

Westbrook alone is the star....he doesn't need "star power" to attract him unless it means the team is a title contender. Otherwise I would think he'd care most about who could win more games and location. Not sure either has the edge between Cavs/Detroit if they add Westbrook.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man.....Lebron in his 2nd year in Miami was already entertaining the idea of going back to Cleveland. @dtgold88 you're gullible as shit in thinking that getting Irving and a piece to trade for Kevin Love was the sole reason he came back. He came back also because he knew he could bend Gilbert over a barrel and do what he wanted in Cleveland that he couldn't in Miami - run the franchise.
who said it was the sole reason? You think if he didn't believe he could win he comes back?

A) yes
B) no

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair. I just don't think dtgold thought this argument through. He's bragging about how Cleveland returned to the Finals 5 years after Lebron left....ignoring that Lebron returned to bring Cleveland to the Finals. Did Lebron come back to Miami at any point?
Not bragging about anything. Pointing out what seems to be factual. Lebron would not have come back if he did not think he could win.

That last comment is hilarious as it enhances my argument....no, he never did come back to Miami. Because they never had a roster where he thought he could have sustained success. You don't think Miami would have wanted him back last offseason?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't matter what Miami had going on post-Lebron. He wasn't coming back to Miami. Lebron after he left Miami described it as a college experience allowing him to learn and grow up. He went back to Cleveland as a legacy move to enhance his brand. Again, your point in how Miami hasn't been back to the Finals in 6 years, yet Cleveland went back in 5 years is about as flawed as you can get considering the common denominator.
Miami was not allowed to have a roster that was attractive to Lebron in summer of 2018? Miami would not have wanted him back if he was interested?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami was not allowed to have a roster that was attractive to Lebron in summer of 2018? Miami would not have wanted him back if he was interested?

Where the fuck did I say Miami didn't want Lebron back?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it should be a common rule on this forum that if you try to make these one-sided arguments while ignoring huge holes in logic, that you shouldn't be a condescending kunt.
Maybe you'd prefer a rule you should try and refute the comment with logic, facts or reason as opposed to going into a Yosemite Sam-like namecalling meltdown?

McFly? condescending? And you called someone a kunt?

That is priceless.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bragging about anything. Pointing out what seems to be factual. Lebron would not have come back if he did not think he could win.

That last comment is hilarious as it enhances my argument....no, he never did come back to Miami. Because they never had a roster where he thought he could have sustained success. You don't think Miami would have wanted him back last offseason?

Not sure what's so laughable. He was never coming back to Miami. Didn't matter if we had the worst roster in the league, or one of the best. He did his job in Miami and won two titles. It's clear as day why he went to LA (apart from thinking he could win there as well).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, we can argue semantics all you want. But Lebron rode out of Cleveland the first time so he could have a chance at a title and learn how to win and went to Miami to do it.

*mic drop*
Hard to build a team when you don't have a commitment from Lebron. They got him back with a commitment and what happened?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you'd prefer a rule you should try and refute the comment with logic, facts or reason as opposed to going into a Yosemite Sam-like namecalling meltdown?

McFly? condescending? And you called someone a kunt?

That is priceless.

Feel free to put me on ignore then. I've presented logic to you in a multitude of ways. Not my fault you can't comprehend it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to build a team when you don't have a commitment from Lebron. They got him back with a commitment and what happened?

So what did you do in Lebron's first 8 years in Cleveland? Why did he have to come to Miami to win?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This fool's really going to start using commitments from other players as an excuse. Cleveland has Lebron for 11 years and got 1 title out of someone who's at least a top 5 all-time NBA player. Miami had him for four years and got two titles out of him.

Lebron wouldn't commit because he knew he couldn't win with that garbage ass franchise.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he doesn't. That 2014 Finals he was a pain in the ass against the Heat. The box score doesn't reflect it, but if he was off that Spurs team, Miami gets a 3-peat. Kawhi has zero left to prove.

Pain in the ass qualifies you as team leader now? Lol. I guess Rodman was the leader of those Bulls teams after all. Lmao

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Cowherd for the most part too but sometimes he will say some stupid stuff like any radio/tv show host. I don't like the fact he is getting on to Mayfield and basically shitting on him. He said he was undraftable and then changes his story up and making excuses after Baker has a great rookie season. Some guys just need to man up and say they were wrong lol
Ideally, yeah, but it's his schtick. Say Baker is great you get no pub/clicks.