• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have. Certainly not a given though. We could argue could haves all day long and get nowhere. Nothing was concrete.
True but we can use common sense and know Lebron has never been shy about openly recruiting players and figure they probably had a discussion.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are sleeping on Denver and Utah.

Call me crazy but I think there is a possibilty of a LA showdown in round 1. That's how good I think Utah, Denver, and Houston will be in the regular season. I think all of those teams should finish with about 53-57 wins IMO

I could see those 3 teams get 1-3 seeds, the west is gonna be tough.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because in 2 years now the Lakers have had room in FA for at least one max guy to join Lebron and none would do it.

Not "none". 2 guys wouldn't. Lakers didn't chase any others. It was Kawhi or bust this year, and last year was basically Lebron then George or bust (Kawhi was a trade target, and that was blocked by the Spurs, not Kawhi).

The Lakers would've had options for max players had they not been held up by Kawhi. Whether or not they were WORTH the max was a big part of the reason why the Lakers focused on Kawhi or depth.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was an actual point in the rest of my post.

Taking a piece of it out of context like this is pretty ridiculous.

You don't know GNG? He is a piece of work

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say it as though this is fact. Not possible PG was not thinking of leaving but was approached after LAC approached his team about it?

That is not what was reported.

But go ahead and make up your own scenario if it makes you feel good.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everytime I look out for Woj bomb, it never happens. But then when I go to work or do some other stuff, or I'm asleep, it appears. Smh...

I fell asleep with the TV on late Friday night only to wake up to the Kawhi decision just before 2AM (EST). Had to stay up for at least an hour after that to see who the Lakers would quickly sign thereafter, lol.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Call me crazy but I think there is a possibilty of a LA showdown in round 1. That's how good I think Utah, Denver, and Houston will be in the regular season. I think all of those teams should finish with about 53-57 wins IMO
Which is crazy.

I think folks are just getting caught up in the excitement.

Lakers have older guys and one hopefully core piece, Boogie, with injury concerns.

Both the Clippers stars are currently gimp.

They aren't worried about winning the regular Season.

Portland and Utah have unleashed HELL the second half of the regular Season the last 2 Seasons.

The Rox did it last year.

Denver actually got BETTER and the Dubs have Curry.

I would be happy with Homecourt.

Even that's not a given this year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Call me crazy"

Okay you asked.

tenor (1).gif

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BREAKING NEWS

The Nuggets will not allow Michael Porter Jr. to leave his condo alone due to fear of injury. The team even baby proofed the place. They sure are taking the extra steps to make sure he stays healthy.
Probably been some improvements as this was the 70s. Maybe they should try this?

th

The Original Bubble Boy

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt this is possible......but asking and demanding (as some have said) are different.

You can’t really “demand” a trade when you are under contract for 4 more years.

OKC had leverage which is why LAC gave up so much.

But they don’t trade George unless George wants to be traded. When he asked and LAC offered a ton of picks, it gave OKC a way out of their tax mess and they took it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is crazy.

I think folks are just getting caught up in the excitement.

Lakers have older guys and one hopefully core piece, Boogie, with injury concerns.

Both the Clippers stars are currently gimp.

They aren't worried about winning the regular Season.

Portland and Utah have unleashed HELL the second half of the regular Season the last 2 Seasons.

The Rox did it last year.

Denver actually got BETTER and the Dubs have Curry.

I would be happy with Homecourt.

Even that's not a given this year.

I do think the Clippers are set up better if an injury were to occur to one of their stars than the Lakers though. Clippers need to get some more frontcourt depth. Harrell and Zubac is nice but isn't that it? They have bird rights on Green, you think they bring him back?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably been some improvements as this was the 70s. Maybe they should try this?

th

The Original Bubble Boy

I suggested the other day the Nuggets should think about wrapping MP Jr. in bubble wrap before games. But that would really restrict his movement on the court.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think the Clippers are set up better if an injury were to occur to one of their stars than the Lakers though. Clippers need to get some more frontcourt depth. Harrell and Zubac is nice but isn't that it? They have bird rights on Green, you think they bring him back?
He's back.

2/10....great deal.