• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're very far off it for now. A team with Nance Jr, Love and Sexton isn't going to do much.

Get cap space, develop the young guys and keep building through the draft and then maybe.
But if we really want to skip listing the top teams in the East and list the bottom instead?

In all seriousness, I agree. Your idea seems to be the plan. Should have $55 mil to play with after next season. Could be less if they move Clarkson and/or TT to take on a player or players AND add picks.

Also have to think they want to avoid giving away their pick to NO (through Atlanta) just yet so will be gunning for a top 10 pick one more time.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kukoc wouldn't have been any different on mediocre teams than Kuzma.

After he left the Bulls, he played for some fairly mediocre teams and not only did his numbers not improve, in some cases they were worse. In fact, some of his best numbers were with the Bulls. So what exactly was he sacrificing?

Back issue plagued him for much of his career during his late bull years and after.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if it's just one of Winslow / Bam in the package?

I meant I'll pass on putting westbrook heat on twitter.

I'll wait for woj or one of the heat reporters to post something

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy's always had some weird agenda against Butler. Him signing in Miami solidifies leaving him out of the top 20. I certainly don't know how you could have Doncic ahead of Butler.
I wouldn't, though I guess I could see it. Doncic did have a Lebron type rookie season. Either way, Butler would make my top 20.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if we really want to skip listing the top teams in the East and list the bottom instead?

In all seriousness, I agree. Your idea seems to be the plan. Should have $55 mil to play with after next season. Could be less if they move Clarkson and/or TT to take on a player or players AND add picks.

Also have to think they want to avoid giving away their pick to NO (through Atlanta) just yet so will be gunning for a top 10 pick one more time.

I would personally love Clarkson back on the Lakers.

For the right price of course.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want Kuzma to play that role for the Lakers but I seem him as a good player on mediocre teams. I have not doubt his performance will regress on this new Lakers team.

I don't know about that.

Assuming he is the 3rd option, he should get touches.

The presence of Lebron and AD should, theoretically make things easier for Kuzma because teams aren't going to be able to double him.

Lebron isn't going to be looking to dominate games nearly as much as he used to and has always been a great and willing passer. Kuzma should get better looks and Lebron will find him when he's open.

Kuzma's scoring may not necessarily increase, but he may become a much more efficient scorer.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't, though I guess I could see it. Doncic did have a Lebron type rookie season. Either way, Butler would make my top 20.

Agreed. I think Doncic will be great down the road. But right now, I'm not taking Doncic as a top 20 player; and I'm not overhyping Butler. He's a solid star player who belongs in the top 20 and is a good 2-way player.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would personally love Clarkson back on the Lakers.

For the right price of course.
He could help them, no doubt. so could TT. Just not sure what they would offer to entice the Cavs unless a 3rd team was involved. They don't have picks they can move for a while do they?

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that.

Assuming he is the 3rd option, he should get touches.

The presence of Lebron and AD should, theoretically make things easier for Kuzma because teams aren't going to be able to double him.

Lebron isn't going to be looking to dominate games nearly as much as he used to and has always been a great and willing passer. Kuzma should get better looks and Lebron will find him when he's open.

Kuzma's scoring may not necessarily increase, but he may become a much more efficient scorer.

Kuzma will get open three's and he'll brick him, just like last season when Lebron arrived.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

What was Kukoc's role on the Bulls?

Overall they might be somewhat similar in value, but I don’t think their styles are that similar.

Kukoc was like a point forward style ball handler with a versatile offensive game, but he wasn’t The natural scorer that Kuzma is.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuzma will get open three's and he'll brick him, just like last season when Lebron arrived.

I think last year had a lot more to do with all of the bullshit that went on from basically Christmas through the end of the season.

Things should be more settled this year.

He's been in the league for 2 years. So it's a bit early to be trying to determine what he's going to be one way or the other.

No question that the potential is there, but we'll see if he can fulfill it.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was 3rd option last year and averaged over 18ppg

The Lakers weren't a true contenders last year like they are currently constructed. The Lakers don't even really need a third option, just the role players to sink threes.