• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW may demand a trade shortly....Lol
He was almost a package deal with George.

Can't imagine where he will be traded.

Knicks?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were Raptors fans pissed about trading Demar for Kawhi well into the season. Can you imagine being upset at that for even a minute let alone an extended period of time?

Some fans are just very irrational.

I could kind of see that just because DeRozan really seemed like he had completely embraced Toronto and was "all in" on being a Raptor for the rest of his career.

Assuming you guys aren't as good this coming season, it'll be interesting to see if any of them start saying "We should have just kept DeMar".

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could kind of see that just because DeRozan really seemed like he had completely embraced Toronto and was "all in" on being a Raptor for the rest of his career.

Assuming you guys aren't as good this coming season, it'll be interesting to see if any of them start saying "We should have just kept DeMar".
Never. The trade was worth it 100000%.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever you need to tell yourself.
Honestly, if you're happy, I'm happy. I watched him for a season and an offseason and didn't think much of him. Just my opinion.

Got nothing against the Lakers or any other team. Just didn't imagine anybody watching his playoff performance and thinking he was worth that kind of cap space.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They overpaid a bit.

But, they had competition for the last quality 3 and d guy available.

They also had to pay KCP because...well....Klutch.

Davis still needs to extend this Summer. So, Klutch still has the Lakers by the balls.

If Danny doesn't pan out, they can trade him to the Cavs for another Klutch client, Jordan Clarkson.

The good thing is that they all seem to be getting signed to 2 year deals. So that will be good to hopefully rebuild around AD.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If anyone says this they should be summarily executed.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were Raptors fans pissed about trading Demar for Kawhi well into the season. Can you imagine being upset at that for even a minute let alone an extended period of time?

Some fans are just very irrational.
True.

Again: It was worth it for a chip.

Plus, you are from under that Derozan contract.

He's a good player and a sensitive soul. But he's not a #1.

One more year of Kyle and just build around Siakam, OG and Vanfleet.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Cook signing too.

So do I.

All things considered, I think Pelinka is doing a good job getting the "best of the leftovers" to put together a fairly solid roster.

There may be hope for him after all.

Although, to be completely fair, it can also be a little easier when there isn't a lot to choose from. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if you're happy, I'm happy. I watched him for a season and an offseason and didn't think much of him. Just my opinion.

Got nothing against the Lakers or any other team. Just didn't imagine anybody watching his playoff performance and thinking he was worth that kind of cap space.

He was pretty much the only quality 3 and D guy left and other teams were going after him. Someone was going to pay him.

The Lakers seem to be making these all 2 year deals. So, if he doesn't pan out, they can move him after the season as an expiring contract or just let him walk in 2 years.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Demar is their Blake, minus the injuries.

First All star to not bolt for greener pastures and actually wanted to be there long-term.

I can only speak for myself. But, my head knew the Logo was right.

We were going nowhere fast with Bg32. Yet, it still hurt when they dealt him.

When you are constantly getting left at the alter, it's not hard to get attached to the guys that are devoted.

Felt the same about J Crossover and Caron Butler.

Cp3 was the only one I wanted gone.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was pretty much the only quality 3 and D guy left and other teams were going after him. Someone was going to pay him.

The Lakers seem to be making these all 2 year deals. So, if he doesn't pan out, they can move him after the season as an expiring contract or just let him walk in 2 years.
True.

Cook's a good move, too.