• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see you just dont understand what is going on here-- its above your head which isnt surprising.

ill try and keep it simple for ya since its complicated for a simplton.....

In the NBA, if you do a sign and trade, you become "Hard Capped". This means you cannot, no matter what, go over a certain amount.

If the Heat want to do this sign and trade, they have to get under the hard cap amount.

I assumed that the Sixers would just take Olnyk as the cost of doing business even though they dont really want him because it would net them Richardson- a 3 and D go on a very cheap contract for the next 3 years that fits really well.

Instead the Sixers said--- HAHAHA, yah....we will do the sign and trade, but we have no intention of helping you make the cap room and taking a shit contract like Onlyk, or even worse one like Waiters or JJohnson that runs for an extra year--- we dont want that shit because we are trying to sign Horford---- but if you can get a 3rd team to take your crap---then we can make the sign and trade

It appears the Mavs and Heat had some kind of understanding that blew up in the Heats face......The trading of a useless whiteside for a useless meyers leonard and harkless netted about 4 million in savings.....

so the Heat sitll have to move something like between 12-16M--- i am not sure the exact amount- in order to even do the sign and trade

not many teams have ANY cap space right now--- and NONE of them will take the shit the Heat have for free.....we just saw the going rate of clearing Iggy and his 16M as 2 future first rounders.

I dont even know what teams have cap room at this point to absorb money --- not that many.

The Heat are in a position where they NEED to move well over 10M to do the sign and trade- but no one wants the crap they are selling

its pretty funny.

Jimmy Butler deal is complete with Heat -- with Clippers added as a fourth-team in trade that also includes Philadelphia and Portland, league sources tell
@ZachLowe_

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss
Lots of words again, while proving yourself wrong, twice again.
I understand hard cap.
Heat got it done.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Butler deal is complete with Heat -- with Clippers added as a fourth-team in trade that also includes Philadelphia and Portland, league sources tell
@ZachLowe_
and it is going to look like the exact deal i said--- Richardson, and an expiring like Olnyk, and some other kind of asset to induce a team to take a shit contract.

Again, i fucking nailed it. How you can even question that is beyond me.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and it is going to look like the exact deal i said--- Richardson, and an expiring like Olnyk, and some other kind of asset to induce a team to take a shit contract.

Again, i fucking nailed it. How you can even question that is beyond me.

Do I need to once again, repost, the 2 posts, where you said IT WONT HAPPEN?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt it.

Kyrie appeared set on Brooklyn weeks ago.

Knicks probably fell out of the race when they lost the lottery.
According to Lake nations, Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving had planned to team up on the same team since the season started.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY what I fucking said.

Richardson, expiring contract, an another asset to get a team to take a shit contract.

No one else on this entire board has anywhere NEAR the grasp of the NBA to predict pretty much the EXACT, and I MEAN EXACT fucking deal that it ended up being.

but its all very logical if you understand the rules of the game.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40% of all the nba players are available for free agency. That's crazy.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss
Did you watch playoffs last summer?
Who was Phillys best player?
Who was Phillys go to guy?