• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can we look forward to some soliloquy on the value of Theiss this year and how great he is? PLEASE.... i need a Baynes redux.
Baynes value as a defender is well supported by statistical measurements.

I never touted Theis beyond calling him an ok bench guy, who ultimately lacks size/heft as a big. Theis does have value as a guy with decent movement skills and a fair 3 pt shot, though.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed....and not crazy to consider Miami still as a mediocre team. Butler has played on many mediocre teams.

I don't say this to rip Butler. I like him, and would have gone after him I think. If I'm not winning a title nor tanking, I'd still like to be the best I can be.

They are still decidedly worse than the Bucks, Celtics and Sixers as constructed. Depending on Kawhi the Raps and obviously the Nets with KD.

Their ceiling is everything going right and they get the four seed and a probable second round exit.

Not a bad squad but not among the contenders by any stretch.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baynes value as a defender is well supported by statistical measurements.

I never touted Theis beyond calling him an ok bench guy, who ultimately lacks size/heft as a big. Theis does have value as a guy with decent movement skills and a fair 3 pt shot, though.
Value? I guess maybe some..but he and Baynes are dime a dozen.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah they are mediocre as they come

does the whiteside trade even get them under the hard cap? I mean, i think they save 4 million by going from Shiteside to Harkless and Leonard, but i kinda dont think that is enough.

Maybe it is. I dont know id have to look harder at it and i dont have time right now. My point is...at some point i thought theyd have to shed more than 4 million.

It does a few things.

1. Gets rid of a situation where he wont have to sit around and watch Bam play the majority of minutes.

2. Saves them money, which will probably allow them to keep Dragic around ( for now).

3. Gives them 2 more smaller expiring contracts that possibly can be moved.

Its ok to be wrong.
You’re actually very good at it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does a few things.

1. Gets rid of a situation where he wont have to sit around and watch Bam play the majority of minutes.

2. Saves them money, which will probably allow them to keep Dragic around ( for now).

Its ok to be wrong.
i dont think you know what you are talking about

do you know why the Heat have to move contracts to gte jimmy butler?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think you know what you are talking about

do you know why the Heat have to move contracts to gte jimmy butler?

Im no cap expert, but I believe so.
I understood it as the money saved was just that, so if they needed to move 19M or whatever, then saved 5, wouldnt the number decrease to 14?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does a few things.

Its ok to be wrong.
Roasted him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im no cap expert, but I believe so.
I understood it as the money saved was just that, so if they needed to move 19M or whatever, then saved 5, wouldnt the number decrease to 14?
exactly....which makes me question if you have consumed bleach today.

I mean, i could not have been more spot on with my prediction that it would cost Richardson, an expiring like Kelly Olnyk and perhaps another asset to sign and trade for Butler.

I mean, I pretty much fucking nailed it---- except for the fact that it looks like the Sixers refused to even TAKE Olnyk and which has forced the Heat to find the rest of the cap savings themselves, which is pretty fucking hilarious.

They were basically like....yah we know you will be hard capped and cant do this without including another contract, but fuck you- if you want to get it done, go find someone, because we arent taking that shit contract.

id have thought taking an Olnyk would have been cost of doing business if you are the Sixers, but they couldnt of signed Horford if they did that--- so they put the onus on the Heat to do so--- and the Heat STILL havent figured it out yet-- it being finding a team to swallow one of the shitastic contracts Riley gave out that no one wants.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the shitastic Whiteside is finally moved.

The "most dominant center in the NBA" was traded for a couple schmucks on matching expiring contracts.

once again

Whiteside's contract was an absolute mistake that Riley probably wished he had back as soon as he did it. You could see that Spoelstra just got sick of him and didnt even like playing him. His unceremonious exit from the Heat is a lesson for all teams that sign shitheads that get their act straight in a contract year--- it almost always blows up in your face.

#timevindicates

You also said it was untradeable....LOL.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally expected the Sixers to say fine--- we understand that you HAVE to move salary to make this move, so in order to get Richardson we will take Olnyk and his expiring contract so you can clear the room.

Instead the Sixers said--- fuck that---- we will take Richardson, but we want to use our cap space on Horford, we are not taking any of your garbage and if you cant find a taker then tough shit.

Its pretty funny when you think about it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly....which makes me question if you have consumed bleach today.

I mean, i could not have been more spot on with my prediction that it would cost Richardson, an expiring like Kelly Olnyk and perhaps another asset to sign and trade for Butler.

I mean, I pretty much fucking nailed it---- except for the fact that it looks like the Sixers refused to even TAKE Olnyk and which has forced the Heat to find the rest of the cap savings themselves, which is pretty fucking hilarious.

They were basically like....yah we know you will be hard capped and cant do this without including another contract, but fuck you- if you want to get it done, go find someone, because we arent taking that shit contract.

id have thought taking an Olnyk would have been cost of doing business if you are the Sixers, but they couldnt of signed Horford if they did that--- so they put the onus on the Heat to do so--- and the Heat STILL havent figured it out yet-- it being finding a team to swallow one of the shitastic contracts Riley gave out that no one wants.

You’re nuts.
Nobody ever implied Butler could be added without subtraction, and we all said Richardson was most logical to go.

You said several things, which included, at points, that Heat didn’t have the ability to sign him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Warriors just had to give up multiple picks first rounders to get off of Andre Igaudala's 16 million dollar expiring contract.

That does not bode well for the Heat if they have to move 14M of expiring crap like Olnyk or Harkless or whoever.

Not that many teams even have cap room to absorb money at this point.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also said it was untradeable....LOL.

He says like 50 things to cover all bases.
He was for the most part wrong on Butler (assuming trade gets done), and totally wrong on Whiteside.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re nuts.
Nobody ever implied Butler could be added without subtraction, and we all said Richardson was most logical to go.

You said several things, which included, at points, that Heat didn’t have the ability to sign him.
see you just dont understand what is going on here-- its above your head which isnt surprising.

ill try and keep it simple for ya since its complicated for a simplton.....

In the NBA, if you do a sign and trade, you become "Hard Capped". This means you cannot, no matter what, go over a certain amount.

If the Heat want to do this sign and trade, they have to get under the hard cap amount.

I assumed that the Sixers would just take Olnyk as the cost of doing business even though they dont really want him because it would net them Richardson- a 3 and D go on a very cheap contract for the next 3 years that fits really well.

Instead the Sixers said--- HAHAHA, yah....we will do the sign and trade, but we have no intention of helping you make the cap room and taking a shit contract like Onlyk, or even worse one like Waiters or JJohnson that runs for an extra year--- we dont want that shit because we are trying to sign Horford---- but if you can get a 3rd team to take your crap---then we can make the sign and trade

It appears the Mavs and Heat had some kind of understanding that blew up in the Heats face......The trading of a useless whiteside for a useless meyers leonard and harkless netted about 4 million in savings.....

so the Heat sitll have to move something like between 12-16M--- i am not sure the exact amount- in order to even do the sign and trade

not many teams have ANY cap space right now--- and NONE of them will take the shit the Heat have for free.....we just saw the going rate of clearing Iggy and his 16M as 2 future first rounders.

I dont even know what teams have cap room at this point to absorb money --- not that many.

The Heat are in a position where they NEED to move well over 10M to do the sign and trade- but no one wants the crap they are selling

its pretty funny.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see you just dont understand what is going on here-- its above your head which isnt surprising.

ill try and keep it simple for ya since its complicated for a simplton.....

In the NBA, if you do a sign and trade, you become "Hard Capped". This means you cannot, no matter what, go over a certain amount.

If the Heat want to do this sign and trade, they have to get under the hard cap amount.

I assumed that the Sixers would just take Olnyk as the cost of doing business even though they dont really want him because it would net them Richardson- a 3 and D go on a very cheap contract for the next 3 years that fits really well.

Instead the Sixers said--- HAHAHA, yah....we will do the sign and trade, but we have no intention of helping you make the cap room and taking a shit contract like Onlyk, or even worse one like Waiters or JJohnson that runs for an extra year--- we dont want that shit because we are trying to sign Horford---- but if you can get a 3rd team to take your crap---then we can make the sign and trade

It appears the Mavs and Heat had some kind of understanding that blew up in the Heats face......The trading of a useless whiteside for a useless meyers leonard and harkless netted about 4 million in savings.....

so the Heat sitll have to move something like between 12-16M--- i am not sure the exact amount- in order to even do the sign and trade

not many teams have ANY cap space right now--- and NONE of them will take the shit the Heat have for free.....we just saw the going rate of clearing Iggy and his 16M as 2 future first rounders.

I dont even know what teams have cap room at this point to absorb money --- not that many.

The Heat are in a position where they NEED to move well over 10M to do the sign and trade- but no one wants the crap they are selling

its pretty funny.

Nobody is going to read all that shit, one-nut

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting...

these guys are shelling out with these free agency deals...

Klay Thompson-5years, 190 mil

Tobias Harris-5 years, 180 mil

Khris Middleton-5 years, 178 mil

KD-4 years, 164 mil

Kristaps Porzingis-5 years, 158 mil

that's just the top 5...