• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah....much like the Warriors situation, in order to do a sign and trade you cant go over the hard cap which is like 6 million or something over the tax apron, so both GSW and MIA have to get under the "hard cap" level to execute the S&T...which is one reason why sign and trades rarely if ever happen anymore...if the team had cap room they would just sign, if they dont have cap room and are over, they get hard capped- their is a sliver of an area in between where it works.

So what the fuck are you losing your shit over then?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. What a day. I'm guessing that Klay comes back as a small forward.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about the talent, they literally HAD TO get under the hard cap to bring in D'Angelo. Just like Miami has to to bring in Butler. I thought Wiggy was the type to understand this stuff, kind of a shame. Now he's bouncing around like a Tijuana crack whore about some dumbass shit in his mind.

Notice when those picks they gave up happen? Right when the Curry and Klay deals end. So they are going to try to keep the dynasty going for the next 5 years, luxury tax be damned. Then in 5 years when those guys are done, then it's over.

Will they succeed? Of course no one knows. But they are totally working it with plan B after KD said no. They knew this was likely and planned accordingly. They may flip DLo now who knows.
Oh I get it - but you're asking to much from a troll - Trolls just like to talk stupid - they aren't interested in common sense and of course they are going to try to keep the dynasty going - Lakers went 22 years without missing the playoffs, The Spurs run was impressive. They are doing what's correct

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what the fuck are you losing your shit over then?
1st off there is no world where you will ever know more about the cap then me

2nd its a conscience decision to limit themselves and make sure they have a front court that is barely bettena the Kentucky Wildcats

3rd there is/was and never will be a world where they spend 160M in tax on a yearly basis, but i do have to say you were not one of the half tards that thought theywould

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2nd its a conscience decision to limit themselves and make sure they have a front court that is barely bettena the Kentucky Wildcats

3rd there is/was and never will be a world where they spend 160M in tax on a yearly basis, but i do have to say you were not one of the half tards that thought theywould

1. You sure didn't show it tonight
2. English please
3. They still could. I never ruled it out, nor did I think it was likely. It would always depend on the situation. For example I think they would have done so to keep KD and Dray. I also think they would do so to sign up Giannis in 2021. We just don't know. I know the team better than you, because I hear about it every day here, we know Lacob and co like you know Gilbert. This is not a win for you either.

Look, I get your character here is to shit all over everyone and troll for feels, but I am totally immune to that shit. You're too smart to be a clown like that. Just use that big brain of yours objectively or keep getting clowned on by everyone here.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude - what happened? I don't remember your posts ever having this many blatant grammatical errors.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. What a day. I'm guessing that Klay comes back as a small forward.

Sure, or DLo will be a trade option when Klay is 100% (maybe by the deadline NEXT season) to bring in someone they need to better balance the roster (if that is a need). It's not necessarily that Golden State specifically wanted DLo, but he was the piece they could add via the Durant trade, and it will help bridge the gap to Klay's return better then over-relying on Iggy all season (and we also all remember Iggy's rant about the team recently).

I am a little surprised that DLo didn't wait for the Kawhi decision to agree, but maybe the Lakers already indicated to him that either they weren't going to offer him a max (which was the rumor going in).

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, or DLo will be a trade option when Klay is 100% (maybe by the deadline NEXT season) to bring in someone they need to better balance the roster (if that is a need). It's not necessarily that Golden State specifically wanted DLo, but he was the piece they could add via the Durant trade, and it will help bridge the gap to Klay's return better then over-relying on Iggy all season (and we also all remember Iggy's rant about the team recently).

I am a little surprised that DLo didn't wait for the Kawhi decision to agree, but maybe the Lakers already indicated to him that either they weren't going to offer him a max (which was the rumor going in).

This guy gets it :nod:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm seeing that the Heat/Dallas deal to unload pieces necessary for the Heat to get Butler from Philly has completely fell apart. So right now, Butler to Miami is in limbo until Miami can find somewhere to offload salary

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every Warriors fan loves Andre, but he's 36 years old, so I'm pretty happy with these moves. DLo is only 23, coming off of an excellent season, and there's every reason to think he will continue his development at Golden State.