• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason...Staff, FA, Draft Outlook

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mark is often an ass, but this is succinct, and I agree 100%.
So true... I laughed when a friend of mine suggested that all Tomlin had to do was make an example out of AB.

I just said “you really think the man responsible for that ego would air out his own dirty laundry?”

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, not that it matters much...

But what helmet is Brown gonna use in the Pro Bowl?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's the dilemma we are in because this team can't get it's shit together.

We have a bunch of diva personalities that have infected this team and we have a coach that hasn't done anything about it for the past, at least, 3 years. The fans can speak and speak all they want on Twitter and in forums like these but what good will that do? The best way to hurt an organization like this, or any big brand or giant "company", is to hurt them where it will make the most difference, in their wallet. Yet, when fans suggest doing this, they are ridiculed by the older generation of fans saying that they aren't real fans of they do that, saying "Pittsburgh Steelers 4 Life!" and "Root for them during the good and bad". It's really hard to root for this team in the current state that it is. It's really hard to keep buying tickets, jerseys, merch and what not, when this team had a new ego showing their ass every week. So what are we, as fans, supposed to do? We speak, we tweet, we post and that does nothing. We stop supporting the team financially and we are all of a sudden not a real fan because of it. So what, we just sit back, keep posting and tweeting, thinking that will actually do anything and just sit back and watch this dumpster fire of a team keep setting itself on fire? Or do we hurt them where it really hurts, which is where they keep their cash?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any other week Antonio Brown showing up to sing My Prerogative in a hippo suit would be something at the top of the news.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have a bunch of diva personalities that have infected this team and we have a coach that hasn't done anything about it for the past, at least, 3 years. The fans can speak and speak all they want on Twitter and in forums like these but what good will that do? The best way to hurt an organization like this, or any big brand or giant "company", is to hurt them where it will make the most difference, in their wallet. Yet, when fans suggest doing this, they are ridiculed by the older generation of fans saying that they aren't real fans of they do that, saying "Pittsburgh Steelers 4 Life!" and "Root for them during the good and bad". It's really hard to root for this team in the current state that it is. It's really hard to keep buying tickets, jerseys, merch and what not, when this team had a new ego showing their ass every week. So what are we, as fans, supposed to do? We speak, we tweet, we post and that does nothing. We stop supporting the team financially and we are all of a sudden not a real fan because of it. So what, we just sit back, keep posting and tweeting, thinking that will actually do anything and just sit back and watch this dumpster fire of a team keep setting itself on fire? Or do we hurt them where it really hurts, which is where they keep their cash?
I'll continue to side with the older generation on this one. You are proving you are nothing more than a fair-weather fan.

True fans endure both the good & the bad. I won't let a couple of drama-filled tumultuous seasons deter me from being a fan. Sure it sucks, but think about the droughts & tough times the older generations had to endure.

The locker room has become a circus under Tomlin, but the Steelers championship culture is still intact. I have faith that change will come. That decision starts at the top with Art Rooney. I have faith in him to make the right decision when the time comes. I have lost faith in them becoming a contender under Tomlin, but it doesn't mean I won't continue to root for them. Also, you don't have to spend money in order to root for the team.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that Deebo interview nonsense never happened.

Maybe someone with a brain, like his agent, got ahold of him and convinced him to shut it down.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll continue to side with the older generation on this one. You are proving you are nothing more than a fair-weather fan.

True fans endure both the good & the bad. I won't let a couple of drama-filled tumultuous seasons deter me from being a fan. Sure it sucks, but think about the droughts & tough times the older generations had to endure.

The locker room has become a circus under Tomlin, but the Steelers championship culture is still intact. I have faith that change will come. That decision starts at the top with Art Rooney. I have faith in him to make the right decision when the time comes. I have lost faith in them becoming a contender under Tomlin, but it doesn't mean I won't continue to root for them. Also, you don't have to spend money in order to root for the team.

Noone is saying not being a fan, I'm saying giving the team money. Supporting them financially. Buying merch, buying ticket, PSLs, jerseys, stuff like that. I'm still rocking my gear. I'm still going to the Steelers bar every weekend to watch them play. I'm rooting for them to win. But I'm not financially supporting the team anymore. Not like my few hundred dollars will matter very much but I feel like that is doing more than just tweeting or posting on a forum about my disgust about the way this team is behaving.

The championship culture is not intact, in my opinion. If it was, this circus that we've become wouldn't be here. This wouldn't be happening under Cowher. Cowher would've put a fucking end to this ASAP. That was the championship culture the Steelers had. The culture in this team right now is if someone has a grievance, I'll air it out publicly, I'll post on twitter about it and nothing will be done about it. I know that spending money isn't a requirement, but if attendance goes down, if merch sales goes down, if things like that were to affect the organization in a negative way, would they not realize sooner that something seriously needs to change for the fans sake?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Championship!

Just signed Brogan Roback to a futures contract

latest

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops, wrong guy:

Here's the Brogan.

Roback_Brogan.jpg

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. And I will always root for the Steelers to win every game they play. However, I was so upset with them this past month or so that I didn't buy the normal amount of merchandise I would have bought for Christmas. And regardless of it not making a difference or not, I will continue to mention the flaws of this team when it is warranted. As I also give out praise when they deserve it as well. Been on the fraud known as Mike Tomlin for years now. Was mocked for it by many. Now, it is well known throughout the NFL. This team is always going to be a major part of me and I hope for brighter days ahead. And I believe things can get better after some major changes take place.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

im with @FaCe-LeE-uS Im a fan. Period. I have opinions, comments, that many on here don't like. But in the end we are all fans. You stand by your team. Especially one that has been as highly regarded organizationally as the steelers. Yeah were in a rough patch, yeah were a fn dumpster fire. Boycotting my favorite is gonna do what? NOTHING. Me not buying a steelers shirt, not gonna do a single thing. I would much rather continue to bitch with other fans, stand by my team, criticize the things i personally feel are wrong. and see how this all shakes out. Im certainly not jumping ship after 1 fricken season

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. And I will always root for the Steelers to win every game they play. However, I was so upset with them this past month or so that I didn't buy the normal amount of merchandise I would have bought for Christmas. And regardless of it not making a difference or not, I will continue to mention the flaws of this team when it is warranted. As I also give out praise when they deserve it as well. Been on the fraud known as Mike Tomlin for years now. Was mocked for it by many. Now, it is well known throughout the NFL. This team is always going to be a major part of me and I hope for brighter days ahead. And I believe things can get better after some major changes take place.
exactly! your're still a fan, and still standing by your team

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noone is saying not being a fan, I'm saying giving the team money. Supporting them financially. Buying merch, buying ticket, PSLs, jerseys, stuff like that. I'm still rocking my gear. I'm still going to the Steelers bar every weekend to watch them play. I'm rooting for them to win. But I'm not financially supporting the team anymore. Not like my few hundred dollars will matter very much but I feel like that is doing more than just tweeting or posting on a forum about my disgust about the way this team is behaving.

The championship culture is not intact, in my opinion. If it was, this circus that we've become wouldn't be here. This wouldn't be happening under Cowher. Cowher would've put a fucking end to this ASAP. That was the championship culture the Steelers had. The culture in this team right now is if someone has a grievance, I'll air it out publicly, I'll post on twitter about it and nothing will be done about it. I know that spending money isn't a requirement, but if attendance goes down, if merch sales goes down, if things like that were to affect the organization in a negative way, would they not realize sooner that something seriously needs to change for the fans sake?
meh, ok , kinda sounds like your're talking both way tbh

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is in all actuality never going to work......
The NFL is the highest watched sport in this country, you will never get even 50% of NFL fans to stop watching. The national anthem incident for starters.....how many people reportedly stopped watching???? It didn't hurt the NFL. The NFL uses revenue sharing.....how do you think shit teams like the browns, the raiders, until last year, the jaguars can continue to field a team.....revenue sharing. You can stop buying jerseys all you'd like, but that doesn't mean the millions of other fans will. And you can protest because this team is a hot mess, check the sales of jerseys of guys like Woodson, Bettis, Ward, Lambert, Swann, Bradshaw.....they still to this day have high Jersey sales. And yes those are ALL included in revenue sharing. So you'll never do damage to the product. If the NFL can survive the scrutiny of the President of the United States calling them out for stupidity, what chance does the ordinary Joe have of hurting them???

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im with @FaCe-LeE-uS Im a fan. Period. I have opinions, comments, that many on here don't like. But in the end we are all fans. You stand by your team. Especially one that has been as highly regarded organizationally as the steelers. Yeah were in a rough patch, yeah were a fn dumpster fire. Boycotting my favorite is gonna do what? NOTHING. Me not buying a steelers shirt, not gonna do a single thing. I would much rather continue to bitch with other fans, stand by my team, criticize the things i personally feel are wrong. and see how this all shakes out. Im certainly not jumping ship after 1 fricken season

But sometimes you become....suicidal......with some of your comments.
Not trying to offend you or anything of that nature, but there has been a time or two, you literally went off the deep end on crazy shit dude!!!! There are other circumstances involved with most of the crazy shit that happens.....cause and effect. All of us wanted Boz on the curb, but at the point of the season the only thing available was garbage. And if memory serves me correctly, you blew a gasket over who was signed. Boz going out on IR, should of happened many many weeks ago....I guarantee you that injury had been pre-existing most of the season. It was reported he has a 2nd degree groin tear. That's some serious shit.....has to be even worse to deal with being a kicker.
Ben, well Ben is Ben....But he's also been our best chance of winning since the first day he walked on that field. The defense and the OC were to blame for.....you know, I'm not going to get into it, I know you recanted the statements about Ben....ONCE you grasped the concept that Ben shouldn't have to, we don't want him to, but sometimes he's left with no alternative....it's bullshit and it sucks.....I know you're a Conner fan, I'd love to see this team back to run first throw when you need to....with Conner and now Samuels showing his worth.....could be the a coming of the Steelers of old. But even as I speak that, I realize, the D would put us behind again and again and we'd be right back to square one.

Don't be like the dip shits in the press and just let the craziest things fly, look into things....hell the 2 greatest sources for Steeler news post on these boards.....Lol

:suds:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The championship culture is not the culture instilled by the players or coaches... That is something ingrained by the ownership & FO. The lockeroom can certainly cast bad shadows by not living up to that standard. But ultimately its nothing but a blip on the radar. Because long before Tomlin, and long after he’s gone, that culture is still going to be here. Culture is not a fad that comes & goes with a changing of seasons & staff. If that championship culture were so easily gained or repaired, then why wouldn’t more franchises have it?

But with “new” ownership comes a changing of the guard sotospeak. Art II has been here for a long time working side by side with Dan, but now Art is in full control. The decisions he makes henceforth will determine the path in which he takes this team. We really haven’t seen him make many crucial decisions yet, so it will be interesting to see how this all unfolds. If Art doesn’t instill change on Tomlin’s circus, then i’d say it’s safe to say the culture is no longer intact and likely died when Dan passed away.