• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason...Staff, FA, Draft Outlook

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the 30 y/o WR deal in general, but it's the same for AZ with a player like Patrick Peterson...he's aging, but still one of the top 5 CBs in the game now probably has 2 more peak-form seasons, top side 3....he's going to command almost as much as a 26 y/o CB that's a starter but not as good as PP.
Well see he was available for a one this season and no bites. And Ramsey is said to be available too

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well see he was available for a one this season and no bites. And Ramsey is said to be available too

I'm quite sure Ramsey will command higher compensation than Peterson. But I think Peterson commands higher compensation than, lets say Conley (OAK). I think he's in that 26/27 y/o range and is a starting caliber player.

FWIW, maybe at some point, but I'm not sure either was really on the market during the season.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite sure Ramsey will command higher compensation than Peterson. But I think Peterson commands higher compensation than, lets say Conley (OAK). I think he's in that 26/27 y/o range and is a starting caliber player.

FWIW, maybe at some point, but I'm not sure either was really on the market during the season.
Yeah u may be right

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going out on a limb and sayKeith Butler is staying for 2019.

Look at all the coaching movements going on right now. If Pittsburgh was serious about landing a good DC they would have been joining in on the sweepstakes occurring over the past couple weeks.

I would have been happy with Todd Bowles.

Get ready for another flashy yet underwhelming defense! Yay!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look at all the coaching movements going on right now. If Pittsburgh was serious about landing a good DC they would have been joining in on the sweepstakes occurring over the past couple weeks.

Reportedly Tomlin has already met with Butler and it appears he's coming back.

Bowles would've meant a 4-3 base I think, and that's what they employ in Tampa. Doubtful he would let Tomlin meddle or be as involved.

By not getting rid of Keith, Tomlin is owning some of the problems with the DEF imo. What this sets the stage for is Butler and Tomlin going down together if they don't turn it around.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not official, but last I heard...coach Mitchell is not retiring and will be back as well. So...for all of the issues on DEF...we have a RB coach let go and a OLB coach.

I can understand Porter...nobody seems to understand Saxton...wonder if any of the Bell drama was involved there.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joel Corey reports trading Ab would free up about 6 in cap space ,not lose cap space

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joel Corey reports trading Ab would free up about 6 in cap space ,not lose cap space
I’ve been reading a ton of different scenarios. Everyone seems to have very different views on how his contract works lol.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nfl network radio is adamant Steelers can’t get a one for brown, the guy on right now , again fwiw

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Through all the reports I heard, they were never going to lose cap space, actually would gain about $1 mil after the deadmoney cap hit.

$6 mil? I need to see that?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through all the reports I heard, they were never going to lose cap space, actually would gain about $1 mil after the deadmoney cap hit.

$6 mil? I need to see that?
Ya I dunno just was on the radio

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinkhabwala: 'Locker Room Is Very, Very Upset' Over Drama, Big Ben's Radio Show - Steelers Depot

I've never heard his show, I assume it's on local radio, but I have heard some comments from it. In most all of these cases I assume Ben is responding to a question, but if this article is true (basically saying Ben is throwing people under the bus)...Ben needs to shut it down.

There are a couple of Falcon players that have a short interview session with local radio every week...I've never heard any finger pointing and I'm not saying Ben is doing that, but it seems to be an issue in PIT....more drama.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s all lip service. AB & Butler are staying... let the circus continue. Thanks Art.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey all... First foray into Steeler Country on the Hoop...

Question: Do you all see a possible scenario where the Steelers jettison Antonio Brown (Assuming via a trade) and make an effort to bring LeVeon Bell back?

I have a feeling Bell won't be worth what he thinks he's worth on the open market and the Steelers, while they certainly had a viable running game with Conner and Samuels, just weren't the same without Bell...

Just a thought that maybe once Bell tests the market, he may determine that Pittsburgh is the best home for him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Question: Do you all see a possible scenario where the Steelers jettison Antonio Brown (Assuming via a trade) and make an effort to bring LeVeon Bell back?

My 1st thought...no.

After thinking about it for a second...probably not. I tend to agree the Bell might've over shot his value, and could lower his price. Ultimately I think Bell signs somewhere else at this point. PIT needs to invest in a LB and CB a lot more than a RB. I think they feel boosting the depth behind Connor will be good enough.

If AB is traded it will be before Mar 17...at best I'm saying it's 50/50. Art II is finally making some statements, and based on those it's still a cloudy picture.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teryl Austin as the Senior Defense Assistant/Secondary Coach? As a DC in Cincinnati this year, they were 30th, as DC in Detroit, they were 3rd, 23rd, 13th and 21st. Not too impressed.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have a feeling Bell won't be worth what he thinks he's worth on the open market and the Steelers, while they certainly had a viable running game with Conner and Samuels, just weren't the same without Bell...

Just a thought that maybe once Bell tests the market, he may determine that Pittsburgh is the best home for him.
Bell is done, there is zero chance he comes back.

He burned the bridge, shat on the ashes, and fucked the daughter of the guy who designed the bridge.