• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Lottery And Draft

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers need perimeter shooting more than anything. Of course, a lot hinges on who they think they are getting in free agency and if that #4 is going to be potentially used in a trade.

If AD gets traded elsewhere, they can potentially get one in free agency. Say $32M for a max contract and the balance to sign someone like maybe Thomas Bryant (Wizards FA the Lakers shouldn't have waived last summer).
Wagner showed promise and we will need a cheap starter.....he could start at C for 18-20mpg. Stretch 5. But, we'll need a veteran backup C.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The reason that I think they can keep a couple of the kids is that, if memory serves, the Pels didn't have a lot of interest in Lonzo.

Obviously, if you're the Lakers, you'd like to keep Ingram and Kuzma, but that's not very likely at all. But if they could keep Lonzo and Hart or Kuzma, and still get AD...that would be really good for them.

But, end of the day, you give the Pels whatever they want and hope that the addition of AD will entice another top FA.

Yeah. The hope would be that the Lakers would be that the Lakers could then bring in a big star. But I do think the Pels are going to say to the Lakers "We want all of the above" unless there are no other suitors which is very unlikely.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe. If the rumors that he and AD would like to play together are true, that could entice him. Kyrie, AD and Lebron would be tough to beat.

It's going to be a very interesting off-season for the Lakers (again). Getting such a high pick, as Pelinka said, is a very valuable asset for them. They could go a lot of different directions.

Imo, it also makes it even more important that they get a good PBO in place before the off-season gets started. They were handed a gift from the basketball gods and they need to not fuck it up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. If the rumors that he and AD would like to play together are true, that could entice him. Kyrie, AD and Lebron would be tough to beat.

It's going to be a very interesting off-season for the Lakers (again). Getting such a high pick, as Pelinka said, is a very valuable asset for them. They could go a lot of different directions.

Imo, it also makes it even more important that they get a good PBO in place before the off-season gets started. They were handed a gift from the basketball gods and they need to not fuck it up.

Wonder if they could trade Lonzo for a high pick this year? If that is possible. I mean whether they draft Garland or sign Irving I don't think they need Lonzo. I think he eventually be gone bc I wouldn't say the fit with Lebron is a match made in heaven.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. The hope would be that the Lakers would be that the Lakers could then bring in a big star. But I do think the Pels are going to say to the Lakers "We want all of the above" unless there are no other suitors which is very unlikely.

Agree. That's why I say, end of the day, you give the Pels what they want for him.

Theoretically, they should be able to keep Lonzo because the Pels weren't interested in him before. But they may also have to use him to get a 3rd team involved in order to have something more to send to the Pels.

I don't know what they'd be willing to give up, but a team like the Suns could use Lonzo. They have a lot of good, young talent, but no one to run their offense.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if they could trade Lonzo for a high pick this year? If that is possible. I mean whether they draft Garland or sign Irving I don't think they need Lonzo. I think he eventually be gone bc I wouldn't say the fit with Lebron is a match made in heaven.

Yeah, if there's really not much difference from about 4-11, the Suns may decide to trade the #6 pick. Especially if there isn't a pg that they like.

As for Lonzo and Lebron, they seemed to be getting things figured out as far as running the offense when both were on the floor together before the . injuries hit.

If they were able to get back to that, it could help Lebron to "rest" a bit without coming out of the game.

For it to ever really work though, Lonzo would need to develop at least an average perimeter shot.

Even when they were getting things figured out, there were still too many times where Lonzo looked like he didn't have anything to do when Lebron was running the offense.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....he's out of there IMO.

I suspect that is true. And I really have no idea what the Celtics are even thinking.

If Kyrie leaves and they do nothing they are doomed to also ran status for the foreseeable future. If Kyrie leaves and Horford opts out they could theoretically bring in a top tier free agent but there is tremendous risk in doing that.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if there's really not much difference from about 4-11, the Suns may decide to trade the #6 pick. Especially if there isn't a pg that they like.

As for Lonzo and Lebron, they seemed to be getting things figured out as far as running the offense when both were on the floor together before the . injuries hit.

If they were able to get back to that, it could help Lebron to "rest" a bit without coming out of the game.

For it to ever really work though, Lonzo would need to develop at least an average perimeter shot.

Even when they were getting things figured out, there were still too many times where Lonzo looked like he didn't have anything to do when Lebron was running the offense.

I think if they tried to move Lonzo for a top 10 pick it would really put them over the top for an AD trade.

Ingram
Kuzma
Top 10 pick

4 young players to go with Zion, Holiday and Randle.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if they tried to move Lonzo for a top 10 pick it would really put them over the top for an AD trade.

Ingram
Kuzma
Top 10 pick

4 young players to go with Zion, Holiday and Randle.
I have been saying they cld trade Ball to Suns since they need a PG.

Trade #4, #6, Ingram, and Kuz for AD.They get a couple youngsters and will have 3 picks in top 6.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trade #4, #6, Ingram, and Kuz for AD.They get a couple youngsters and will have 3 picks in top 6.

You think the Suns would give up the #6 pick for Lonzo? If so the Lakers should do that regardless of the AD trade.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the Suns would give up the #6 pick for Lonzo? If so the Lakers should do that regardless of the AD trade.

Well Coby White is there at 6. The Suns from reports seem to really love Lonzo, if they think he is better than a guy like White then sure they would do the trade. I guess it depends who is OTB, but they need a PG BAD.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They traded for fucking Tyler Johnson and he isn't a true PG.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Suns can get White at #6 more than likely, unless LAL take him. No reason for them to give up #6 for Ball. White/Garland project to be much better than Ball at this point.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks but I hope they get DeAndre Hunter. I think he could be one of the best in this draft
I got some really great news a couple weeks ago and since then have been incredibly busy...and then i got sick yesterday.....didnt even check my fantasy baseball teams the last few days.

i actually totally forgot about the lotto yesterday until like 11 pm when i finally checked and was utterly disappointed. I feel like hell. I am at work today but am not gonna make it very long.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns can get White at #6 more than likely, unless LAL take him. No reason for them to give up #6 for Ball. White/Garland project to be much better than Ball at this point.

Yeah well the Suns seem to really love him. Ball was a better rebounder, passer and shooter coming into the NBA than White is. White is a better scorer overall.
Garland might not be there at 6.