• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Los Angeles Lakers Off-Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers LOL!!!

The Kawhi Leonard surprises don't stop. In the end he chose to sign just a two-year deal with the Clippers with a player option for Year 3 ... sacrificing even more guaranteed money and putting him on the exact same track as Paul George

Marc Stein

✔@TheSteinLine

Last point on Kawhi Leonard's contract: It makes the haul that the Clippers traded away for Paul George -- already the biggest for any one player in league history -- even bigger when they have their new superstar duo only locked in for two years #thisinsaneleague

I think this is actually smart on Kawhi's part for 2 reasons:

1.) He needs 2 more years in the league to get an even bigger contract than what he just signed. So, in 2 years, he can re-sign with the Clips (or someone else) for a huge contract.

2.) If things don't work out with the Clips, he and PG can leave while still in their primes. I don't think it's planned on anyone's part, but with the Lakers have set up the guys they signed (2 year deals) and Lebron's contract due to be up, the Lakers can open up a whole lot of cap space in 2 years.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is actually smart on Kawhi's part for 2 reasons:

1.) He needs 2 more years in the league to get an even bigger contract than what he just signed. So, in 2 years, he can re-sign with the Clips (or someone else) for a huge contract.

2.) If things don't work out with the Clips, he and PG can leave while still in their primes. I don't think it's planned on anyone's part, but with the Lakers have set up the guys they signed (2 year deals) and Lebron's contract due to be up, the Lakers can open up a whole lot of cap space in 2 years.
It is a huge risk given his injury history. The clips will be on the hook for 2 200 million max contracts. It could be a disaster for the Clippers, but they are use to it. LOL

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for the season.
Been reading reports about the possibilities of signing either Korver for primarily offense or Iguodala for everything. Should be interesting to see who the Lakers ink in the coming weeks.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a report that Boogie is slimmed down and he says that his quad is 100% healed.
Saw that too TJF12. Apparently since being reunited with AD in LA, he wants to play all 82 regular season games just to shut-up the pundits who predicted his days are toast.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that too TJF12. Apparently since being reunited with AD in LA, he wants to play all 82 regular season games just to shut-up the pundits who predicted his days are toast.

If he can still play, that can be a very good thing for the Lakers.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins has been workin hard and he claims his quadriceps he injured on the same leg he ruptured his Achilles (left) is fully healed. But pundits state that he has lost a step and can't jump like he used to before the injuries. We shall see who is right.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been reading reports about the possibilities of signing either Korver for primarily offense or Iguodala for everything. Should be interesting to see who the Lakers ink in the coming weeks.

Did you see a report that Memphis is going to release him?

Last I read is that Memphis is looking for a trade instead of buying him out

Iggy is making $17 mil this upcoming season - Lakers can't trade for that price

I wouldn't mind him coming back home to the Sixers (or Korver as well) but not at that price

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see a report that Memphis is going to release him?

Last I read is that Memphis is looking for a trade instead of buying him out

Iggy is making $17 mil this upcoming season - Lakers can't trade for that price

I wouldn't mind him coming back home to the Sixers (or Korver as well) but not at that price
Yea you are right. They are looking to trade him. I think teams wil wait them out and he will be released.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins has been workin hard and he claims his quadriceps he injured on the same leg he ruptured his Achilles (left) is fully healed. But pundits state that he has lost a step and can't jump like he used to before the injuries. We shall see who is right.

Yeah, he may have lost a step. But to be fair to him, he was never in shape last year. This year he will have had a full off-season and training camp under his belt.

I doubt he'll have the same hops or explosiveness that he had before the Achilles, but those weren't exactly things he relied on before the injury anyway.

He can be about 80-85% of who he was before the injury, that will be plenty good enough, imo.

If he can't, it only cost the Lakers $3.5 million to find out.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers LOL!!!

The Kawhi Leonard surprises don't stop. In the end he chose to sign just a two-year deal with the Clippers with a player option for Year 3 ... sacrificing even more guaranteed money and putting him on the exact same track as Paul George

Marc Stein

✔@TheSteinLine

Last point on Kawhi Leonard's contract: It makes the haul that the Clippers traded away for Paul George -- already the biggest for any one player in league history -- even bigger when they have their new superstar duo only locked in for two years #thisinsaneleague
They are clearly swinging for the fences...

Attachments

• 20190711_194217.jpg
    20190711_194217.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 0

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he''s 70% of the old Cousins he'd stikl be a good player for the Lakers.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeling really good about next season....

We added some really good role players, specially Bradley.....and Cousins could be a good 3rd option.....making Kuz the 4th option on offense....

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, the Iguodala fiasco is about Memphis trying to snooker somebody into giving-up more draft picks for an aging star that they will use to rebuild. Well it ain't happening unless some GM somewhere in the league gets drunk and picks up the phone. The Lakers are like four other teams who are interested. They are just going to wait-out the Grizzels and when they release Iggy, then the Lakers will go into action.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, the Iguodala fiasco is about Memphis trying to snooker somebody into giving-up more draft picks for an aging star that they will use to rebuild. Well it ain't happening unless some GM somewhere in the league gets drunk and picks up the phone. The Lakers are like four other teams who are interested. They are just going to wait-out the Grizzels and when they release Iggy, then the Lakers will go into action.

I don't think many teams have cap space to absorb his contract.....maybe Dallas but I don't think they are interested in him....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bradley signing was really good IMO.....he is going to give is a solid defender off the bench. He has lost weight he gained with the Clippers and could step in and start in case Green gets hurt and we wouldn't lose much.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in all honesty, I don't know what people are talking about the lack of defense....

Green, an excellent wing defender and was a very solid pickup.....will start at SG and provide shooting and defense.

Bradley has lost the weight he gained as a pudge-ball with the Clipps and has always been a solid defender at the very least. He's going to be motivated to get another payday in 2 years so he has the extra motivation.....

McGee, not the best overall defender.....but a solid rim protector.....

AD, he has always been a good defender in addition to being a scorer and rebounder.

KCP is basically known for his defense.....

James can still dial it up for short stretches, like in crunch time...

Caruso won't see many minutes (unless injuries hit) but he is a scrappy defender.....and showed a lot late in the season.

Can we start the season now????