• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Los Angeles Lakers Off-Season Thread

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I like our chances tomodach, if Vogel can harness the potential this team has with appropriate rotations and teamwork development. We have AD and LeBron, Green, Cousins, McGee, Rondo, Kuzma, Dudley, KCP, Caruso, Cook, Daniels, and a host of new youngsters like Horton-Tucker, and Novell, Jr. The included article explains the projected starters and I like what I see on paper.

Lakers' 2019-20 roster and projected starting lineup: LeBron James, Anthony Davis surrounded by talent, veterans
You know what is funny? I think Magic getting involved with Kawhi back fired as well. And then he ran his mouth about what they talked about. I bet the Logo told Kawhi to talk with Magic knowing it would not end well for the Lakers lol
Information leaking about what Magic Johnson talked about with Kawhi Leonard reportedly ‘didn’t help the Lakers case’ to sign him

again Magic..

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I like our chances tomodach, if Vogel can harness the potential this team has with appropriate rotations and teamwork development. We have AD and LeBron, Green, Cousins, McGee, Rondo, Kuzma, Dudley, KCP, Caruso, Cook, Daniels, and a host of new youngsters like Horton-Tucker, and Novell, Jr. The included article explains the projected starters and I like what I see on paper.

Lakers' 2019-20 roster and projected starting lineup: LeBron James, Anthony Davis surrounded by talent, veterans
Here's the starting line up they are suggesting.

Projected starting lineup
  • Rajon Rondo -- Point Guard
  • Danny Green -- Shooting Guard
  • LeBron James -- Small Forward
  • Anthony Davis -- Power Forward
  • DeMarcus Cousins -- Center
I think I would rather see Rondo running the second team...

So how about this?

Starting Line-up
  • LeBron James -- Point Guard (He'll command the ball anyhow)
  • Kyle Kuzma -- Small Forward
Sixth Man
  • Kentavious Cadwell Pope -- Guard/Small Forward
Second Team...
  • Rajon Rando -- Point Guard
  • Alex Caruso -- Shooting Guard
  • Troy Daniels -- Small Forward
  • Jared Dudley -- Power Forward
  • JaVale McGee -- Center
Just not sure how that starting lineup would do defending the smaller guards in this league, so maybe swap Kuz and KCP.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So how about this?

Starting Line-up
Sixth Man
Second Team...
  • JaVale McGee -- Center
Just not sure how that starting lineup would do defending the smaller guards in this league, so maybe swap Kuz and KCP.
Rondo, Green, kuzma, james, and Davis. That is the starting lineup IMO.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have quite a few options for line-ups and we are pretty stout in all of them at least on paper. At a glance, we instantly get better on defense as well. We finally have a major presence in the paint something we not had since Shaq left.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So how about this?

Starting Line-up
Sixth Man
Second Team...
  • JaVale McGee -- Center

I prefer the projected starting line up.

Yes, Lebron will have the ball a lot, but to have him at the 1 a lot will only wear him out.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have quite a few options for line-ups and we are pretty stout in all of them at least on paper. At a glance, we instantly get better on defense as well. We finally have a major presence in the paint something we not had since Shaq left.
I am hearing the media bash the signing of Boogie. If this had been the Clippers or Warriors signing him, they would call the move great. There are a ton of Laker haters in the media. SMH LOL

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we still may have a chance at Iggi. Man, he is really a need at back up forward.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avery Bradley on a 2 year deal.....we're recovering nicely.....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G-Rondo
G-Green
F-James
F-AD
C-McGee

Bench

g-Cook
G-Caruso
G-Bradley
G-Daniels
G-THK
F-KUz
F-KCP
F-Dudley
C-Cousins

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 roster spot left.....we could just roll with 14 or get a backup PF/C....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So how about this?

Starting Line-up
Sixth Man
Second Team...
  • JaVale McGee -- Center

Kuz is our 6th man candidate IMO. We need his scoring off the bench.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what is funny? I think Magic getting involved with Kawhi back fired as well. And then he ran his mouth about what they talked about. I bet the Logo told Kawhi to talk with Magic knowing it would not end well for the Lakers lol
Information leaking about what Magic Johnson talked about with Kawhi Leonard reportedly ‘didn’t help the Lakers case’ to sign him

again Magic..

I was afraid of this when I heard that Kawhi's camp wanted to meet with Magic.

Love Magic and I know he loves the Lakers, but he just can't stop himself from talking.

I don't think it was even anything intentional on his part. He just simply can't shut the fuck up.

He's also making it look like he was the problem rather than Pelinka.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hearing the media bash the signing of Boogie. If this had been the Clippers or Warriors signing him, they would call the move great. There are a ton of Laker haters in the media. SMH LOL

Whoever is bashing them for that is an idiot.

They gave him a 1 year $3.5 million contract. I think that might be less than he got from the Warriors last year.

It's literally as close to a low risk/high reward deal as a team could get.

Best case: He gets back to at least close to where he was pre-Achilles and the Lakers have their 3rd star for only $3.5 million. He's also only 28, so he's young enough that they can sign him to a longer deal if they want to.

Worst case: He doesn't get back to close to where he was and/or turns back into "malcontent Boogie", the Lakers cut him loose and it only cost them $3.5 million.

There's literally nothing to bash.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, what Pelinka has done in the wake of not getting Kawhi is making it look like Magic was the problem both with how the roster was constructed last year and with, at least some of the leaks around the AD debacle last year.

Everyone was saying that the Lakers were going to be in deep trouble filling out their roster with any kind of quality at all if they failed to get Kawhi (or even if they did).

Yet, they have managed to actually put together a very nice roster that, combined with Lebron and AD, should make them contenders.

It seems obvious that Pelinka had a solid plan B and has executed it to near perfection. It tells me that he already had made contact with several of these players and these deals were more or less in place before Kawhi's decision was made so that he could move quickly and get the roster built.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, what Pelinka has done in the wake of not getting Kawhi is making it look like Magic was the problem both with how the roster was constructed last year and with, at least some of the leaks around the AD debacle last year.

Everyone was saying that the Lakers were going to be in deep trouble filling out their roster with any kind of quality at all if they failed to get Kawhi (or even if they did).

Yet, they have managed to actually put together a very nice roster that, combined with Lebron and AD, should make them contenders.

It seems obvious that Pelinka had a solid plan B and has executed it to near perfection. It tells me that he already had made contact with several of these players and these deals were more or less in place before Kawhi's decision was made so that he could move quickly and get the roster built.

Yes, he has.

Way better than last summer, despite getting James.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For just 3.5 mill? Great signing.....if he doesn't pan out, it was very little $.....if he is 70-75% of the old Cousins.....great deal. Bargain deal.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For just 3.5 mill? Great signing.....if he doesn't pan out, it was very little $.....if he is 70-75% of the old Cousins.....great deal. Bargain deal.
I think so as well. I remember all the praise heeped on GS last year. This is an even a better signing then that one given cost and one more year removed from the injury.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My original thought was that it would be too taxing.

But then I thought about it more and it might actually help him rest a bit, depending on how it's done. He'd be looking more to set other guys up rather than expending the energy trying to score.

As long as it's him starting the offense/setting guys up rather than having to do everything, it could work.