• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Commit List (in OP) and General Recruiting Thread

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska legit beat out Alabama and USC for him... not many times that happens... coaching change at DL for USC was the clincher, but a big recruiting win.

White Rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow recruiting much but, do the coaches know who is going to sign before signing day for most of the kids who do their reveals or are they as surprised as everyone else?

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow recruiting much but, do the coaches know who is going to sign before signing day for most of the kids who do their reveals or are they as surprised as everyone else?

coaches usually know, there are a few surprises... last year Javonte Jean-Baptiste told Frost and Co that he was going to sign with them, then, his school got delayed and Urban Meyer got in his ear and he switched at the last minute

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's that working out for Baptiste now the urb is gone. Will he transfer?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeling better with our xyz positions next year with Chase in the house, with our guys on roster to fill in while he gets up in the playbook it's going to be pert neer impossible to cover Washington Robinson TM JD plus the wideout at the same time

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor going arround that Damion Daniel's brother is transferring at semester as a grad transfer... Here's the tweet...

It was posted on one of our boards today that you don't have room for Daniel's. Have yall heard this or is it just wishful thinking on our part?

I'd figure for him you would make room.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was posted on one of our boards today that you don't have room for Daniel's. Have yall heard this or is it just wishful thinking on our part?

We definitely have room, haven’t seen any updates on him in awhile tho
Anywhere from 5-8 ships left I’ve herd

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We definitely have room, haven’t seen any updates on him in awhile tho
Anywhere from 5-8 ships left I’ve herd

Thanks I guess

The way the new rules work if he (or any transfer) waits until after the February signing date to make it official they count against the next years class. He is a 4* DT who played as a true freshman and was literally our best defensive player early until he broke his wrist. Apparently he was at a girls soccer game and fell on it and for us holy shit that sucks but early word was he didn't declare so we get a free season out of a great DT.

Our DL coach is gonna be KSU's DC so his position coach is moving on and a Big 10 resume takes him into day 2, so I don't like it but I understand.

Part of me hopes he twists his knee week 2 and part of me says he gave us 4 years so good luck on his next step

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have room from what I've heard, don't think they are taking a HS recruit over him. There's still some attrition to happen. He counts against the 85 but not the 25 for the signing class.

I would be surprised if he's not on campus next semester.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks I guess

The way the new rules work if he (or any transfer) waits until after the February signing date to make it official they count against the next years class. He is a 4* DT who played as a true freshman and was literally our best defensive player early until he broke his wrist. Apparently he was at a girls soccer game and fell on it and for us holy shit that sucks but early word was he didn't declare so we get a free season out of a great DT.

Our DL coach is gonna be KSU's DC so his position coach is moving on and a Big 10 resume takes him into day 2, so I don't like it but I understand.

Part of me hopes he twists his knee week 2 and part of me says he gave us 4 years so good luck on his next step
I can appreciate your concerns over losing a valuable player, like Nuts says we’ve also had some attrition and will likely be a few more not public at this time and not including next fall camp

The rumors were he wanted to play with his brother yada yada but this 19 class we have plenty of room left for GT’s juco’s or just give the ships to walk-ons after the Feb signing day even.

I’d be shocked if we hit 80 by the time we play our first game next year, I get the sense the coaches would rather save the spots for the 20 class

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have room from what I've heard, don't think they are taking a HS recruit over him. There's still some attrition to happen. He counts against the 85 but not the 25 for the signing class.

One recruit article explained that Nebraska has roughly 30 spots available, because some slots were back counted to Riley's last year or something. My brain fogged over how a back count went back to Riley's last year, but that might have meant that some that signed in 2018(Frost's first class) some counted to the low numbers of the Riley 2017 class.(a lot of those players transferred out)

On Dec 19, Nebraska gained 23 + two more possible jucos that still leaves five(30 - 25). This assumes Bland, the JUCO, makes grades. Obviously, a few more players will transfer or "retire."

As corn train said, there will be 5 to 8. Now, if nebraska gets all of the guys in footballnut's post signing day thread, who knows. But you don't find good, proven space eaters in the D line very often. Playing with your brother for one year would mean a lot to me, especially on an up and coming team.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the new scholarship rules you can only count 25 in a given year. It doesnt matter how many open scholarships you have, once you get 25 that's it. Since you are signing 25 this is probably where I'm hearing he doesn't have a spot.

If you are counting people against the previous class it creates room for him.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the new scholarship rules you can only count 25 in a given year. It doesnt matter how many open scholarships you have, once you get 25 that's it. Since you are signing 25 this is probably where I'm hearing he doesn't have a spot.

If you are counting people against the previous class it creates room for him.
The Big cap, like the SEC, is 28, 25* oversign by 3 with approval from the conf. More to what you said the players can count against that cap from previous, current, or in rare cases future class

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big cap, like the SEC, is 28, 25* oversign by 3 with approval from the conf. More to what you said the players can count against that cap from previous, current, or in rare cases future class

Yeah. We have a couple that are counting in this years class because they enrolled last summer. I figured worse case it would be something like that

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CT doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38