• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Commit List (in OP) and General Recruiting Thread

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska has 82 scholarship players now. That leaves three more to give out, plus the over sign three.

Six more scholarships can be given out unless more players leave the program, which is always a possibility. Then, there is that back count thing. And that B1G rule of 25+3.

Nebraska gave out 24 on Dec 19 and after, so 24 plus 6 = 30 scholarships possibly going out this recruiting year. Going to be a young team.

Since I like using fudge factor with fuzzy math probabilities, Footballnuts 27 scholarships looks like a good number.(until it changes)

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The currently signed recruits I think will play next year

4. Rahmir Johnson (RB) [Oradell, NJ]
6. Luke McCaffrey (QB) [Littleton, CO]
7. Jackson Hannah (ILB) [Knoxville, TN]
10. Jamie Nance (WR) [Blanchard, OK]
17. Darien Chase (ATH) [Vancouver, WA]
22. Wandale Robinson (ATH) [Frankfort, KY]
25. Ty Robinson (DE) [Gilbert, AZ]

Darrion Daniels Oklahoma State grad transfer

I think Rahmir Johnson and Wandale Robinson are too good. Washington is in, but who else at Nebraska does what these two guys do? Caveat, last year I thought JUCO Greg Bell would be the starter.

Luke McCaffrey will be the #2. You all know more than me about Vedral, but I know Bunch is not number 2. McCaffrey probably redshirts, but I think he has a shot at #2. Caveat, I played QB because I was the best runner but my passing skills were abyssmal. 20 yards or less was my range, anything past that, not pretty.

Jackson Hannah Nebraska has Barry, Tyrin Ferguson, Caleb Tannor, and then an injured Will Honas, maybe Brion Dixon(big unknown), and maybe Domann, if he does not go back to safety. A lot of unknowns except for Barry, which means an opportunity for a player.

Jamie Nance and Darien Chase have the Stanley Morgan slot available to them. They have speed, if they get the routes down, understand blocking in the scheme, and have hands one if not both of them will crack the rotation.

Ty Robinson is too good to not let him try. Might be a four game and redshirt deal though. I don't know, an 18 year old going against full grown men, is different. Maybe TY is fully mature. I know a lot of guys were in high school. I wasn't.

How do you keep Daniels from not playing?

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from the too much time on my hands category

I looked at ESPN to see who nebraska has offered, but the players have not committed to any school according to ESPN.

I did not look at interest level, or even what the chance in hell is on them committing. Just that they have offers from nebraska and they are uncommitted.

Some names we recognize. One player is from nebraska(at the bottom). lots of players from California, texas, and Florida.

Shocker - they offered a kicker from Arizona.

The list is from 5 stars at highest to whatever it went to as lowest

Darnell Wright from West Virginia OT
Bru McCoy from California athlete
Jaquaze Sorrells from Florida DT
Henry To'oto'o from California OLB
Kyle Ford from California WR
Arjei Henderson from Texas WR
Chris Steele from California CB
Tyrique Stevenson from Florida athlete
Khris Bogle from Florida DE
Shammond Cooper from Missouri OLB
Joshua Sanguinetti from Florida S
Enokk Vimahi from Hawaii OT
TJ Jones from Florida WR
Isaiah Foskey from California DE
Jalen Catalon from Texas S
David Bell from Indiana WR
Chester graves from Missouri DE
Bamidele Olaseni from London England via JUCO OT
Demariyon Houston from Oklahoma WR
Noa Pola-Gates from Arizzona S
Shilo Sanders from Texas CB
Kenny Logan from Florida WR
Cortez Andrews from Florida S
David Ugwoegbu from Texas DE
Logan Sagapolu from Utah OG
Smith Vilbert from New Jersey DE
Howard Allen from Florida OT
Danielson Ike from Missouri OG
Allen Smith from georgia OLB
Bryce Childree from Missouri WR
Brandon Shivers from Arizona CB
Jerjuan Newton from Florida athlete
Ira henry from Missouri OG
Marlyn Johnson from New Jersey WR
Markquese Bell from NJ JUCO S
lloyd Murray from Texas DT
Thomas Grayson from Oklahoma RB
Michael Cartwright from Florida OT
Peter Hayes-Patrick from Florida athlete
Austin Mcnamara from Arizona K
Brian ugwu from New Jersey OLB
Dez Melton from Arizona athlete
Martin Keeley from California S
Darrin Smith from texas RB
Ronald Fanfan from Florida WR
Brady Danielson from Nebraska WR
Martin Veinburg from FINLAND OT

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind these are "reported offers" from the kids themselves, so they could be actually offers or exaggerated offers (like a kid trekking ESPN Nebraska has offered when it's its a only a PWO offer) so take the lists with a grain of salt.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind these are "reported offers" from the kids themselves, so they could be actually offers or exaggerated offers (like a kid trekking ESPN Nebraska has offered when it's its a only a PWO offer) so take the lists with a grain of salt.

@Footballnut Your short lists are the very informed lists.

I was just bored this morning and a bit hungover from a Christmas party last night and I did not want to do much thinking or house chores. I was just going to do the five and four stars, and then I decided, oh what the hell.

Not to mention, would Nebraska even want another WR? Is Kyle Ford better than a Nance or a Chase? No clue, but I like who Nebraska has.

I don't think Nebraska needs another RB, ask Thomas Grayson about that.

I don't think Nebraska needs another athlete unless they are a defensive athlete. Wandale Robinson looks very dynamic.

Now, if i was recruiting for names, then Henry To'oto'o(tutu? 2 oh 2 oh?) and Ronald Fanfan would be way up there.

If I was going for hopes and dreams, that Darnell Wright would be tops on my list. Since you have not had him on any of your lists, he is a no chance in hell recruit

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a thread on HB.com that ask if Nebraska needs a top 5 class to win a Natty. I'm I say no I believe more in having the right player for the right system and then coaching development of that playereans more then a class ranking.

Jed pointed out years ago that the class rabk directly reflects where you end up at the end of the season.

Fuck I'm drynk

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some updates to the big board in the post-signing day thread... another 2019 offer went out today to an OLB from Kansas City. One this is for certain, this staff is getting an edge rusher in this class, they desperately want one.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just went through Noa Pola Gates Mom's twitter.

She is a Penn State/USC fan.
She has a great sense of humor.
Her son has enough self confidence to take a night class with his Mom. Not many kids would do that.

The video of the USC visit showed a sparse crowd in the stadium. Not sure if it was a game or something else. If he OV'd Nebraska during a game, Nebraska would have won the crazy fan attendance medal.

Noa seems to have been raised well. He is academics and athletics. Wherever he chooses to go, the school is getting a young man with character.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated the Big Board for the 2019 class a little bit ago

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to feel happy

Rivals.com - All-American Bowl: Stock report from day two

It has already been a strong week for Robinson, and it promises to continue because he looks to be a key player in the East game plan for Saturday. Robinson has the ability to separate in the open field with his quick change-of-direction abilities, but the future Nebraska Cornhusker also has a solid build and low center of gravity that makes him an effective ball carrier. It would not be a surprise to see Robinson rack up both receptions and carries during Saturday’s game

Who is unsigned and at the game

Rivals.com - All-American Bowl: Unsigned Confidential, day two

Nebraska has no shot at any of them from reading the article.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I continue to feel good about Nebraska's shot with NPG... And his Cousin.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He cuts pretty well, but doesn't find open lanes so much. I don't see him beating out Washington as the feature back. Washington has all the tools that LP did other than weight, and that limited him somewhat this season. However, an off-season at the training table and in S&C will get him there. For a RB Washington is a damn good receiver and that's dangerous in Frost's system. He also has the benefit of playing a full season. We shall see.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite a few players announcing their commitments during the high school game today.

I expect Nebraska to garner zero of them. I just realized that quite a few players, from my post #423 of this thread, are playing in the game. Where will I be? Out enjoying the nice January day.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noa Pola-Gates just got a crystal ball from Wiltfong. Had been some trending towards USC before that.

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noa Pola-Gates just got a crystal ball from Wiltfong. Had been some trending towards USC before that.
He said in that interview that his cousin was taking an OV TO Nebraska and he said he was going with him.... Which will be after Noa's commitment.... After he said it he looked like he was thinking "oh shit", like he let the cat out of the bag or something