• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Coaching Carousel

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really ya'll don't want to do everything you can to keep him?

Oh believe me. They're trying. It's that much of a done deal though. It's rumored we offered him a significant pay raise (though not near what you guys can afford) and other perks but there's nothing we can do. The consensus seems to be the only thing that might make him reconsider is if we somehow make the Final Four which I'm not sure why that would be such a deciding factor. It'd be awesome for us, but realistically, its not like we'd all of a sudden become perennial FF contenders.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019-2020 Big 10 Champs

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019-2020 Big 10 Champs
Hoiberg has always been huge on transfers and jucos so it'll probably be an interesting off-season for you guys

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of the sources on the VT sites say expect Buzz to aTm announcement/press conference on Sunday or Monday. Someone even found the flight tracker record of a plane flying from just outside of College Station to Blacksburg to pick up Williams and/or his family. It's the same plane that picked up Jimbo Fisher.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of the sources on the VT sites say expect Buzz to aTm announcement/press conference on Sunday or Monday. Someone even found the flight tracker record of a plane flying from just outside of College Station to Blacksburg to pick up Williams and/or his family. It's the same plane that picked up Jimbo Fisher.

You want Wojo or Cronin?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want Wojo or Cronin?

Wojo. I like him better overall. Like his ties to the Nova region for recruiting too. Cronin is solid as well and I'm not in that camp among Hokie fans that's vehemently opposed to him just because he can be dickish. The guy is generally a good coach. But he does have a tournament flame out issue so that's enough to put Wojo ahead for me.

FWIW, Gregg Marshall is my pipe dream but I don't buy him being seriously interested just because he spent some of his youth and went to college like an hour away from Blacksburg.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wojo. I like him better overall. Like his ties to the Nova region for recruiting too. Cronin is solid as well and I'm not in that camp among Hokie fans that's vehemently opposed to him just because he can be dickish. The guy is generally a good coach. But he does have a tournament flame out issue so that's enough to put Wojo ahead for me.

FWIW, Gregg Marshall is my pipe dream but I don't buy him being seriously interested just because he spent some of his youth and went to college like an hour away from Blacksburg.

I'm about in the same boat. I doubt they come off the $$$s for Marshall

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm about in the same boat. I doubt they come off the $$$s for Marshall

Well, some of the rumored Buzz offers are 4.6 per. Marshall is at 3 mil now at Wichita but he has turned down similar offers in that 4 and 5 range before. If I were Whit, money would be no option with me with Marshall. I'd run in the budget in the red short term to get him betting I can make it up with the success he'd bring down the road

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, some of the rumored Buzz offers are 4.6 per. Marshall is at 3 mil now at Wichita but he has turned down similar offers in that 4 and 5 range before. If I were Whit, money would be no option with me with Marshall. I'd run in the budget in the red short term to get him betting I can make it up with the success he'd bring down the road

we shall see

everyone is saying things are going to happen pretty quick once buzz announces in a day or so.

Did you see how Wojo deleted his twitter account? Not sure if that is relevant or not but could be i guess. I'm not sure how i feel about him. Seems good on paper but Marquette fans seem to hate his ass. :noidea:

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cronin has issues (not the best recruiter + his teams play sloppy offense), but Wojo wishes his resume was half as good as Cronin's. After five years at Marquette, the best thing on Wojo's resume is his fifteen years being an assistant under K.

Zero top 30 seasons, his teams struggle on defense and choke when it matters (mediocre BET record and 0 NCAAT wins)

TJabroni

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the randomness of the Buzz hire spoiled our fanbase in general... five years ago we could have hired just about anyone and it would have been an improvement. Now I feel like anything outside of a wildcard hire by Whit will seem like a downgrade.