• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.

If they don't adjust, it will. The way they are doing things is incredibly dumb. I'm not talking about not doing a bubble because logistically with the amount of people they have, it might not be possible (I have some ideas but I don't feel like explaining them out right now). I'm talking about every thing else. They are basically letting the players/coaches/team personnel work on the honor system. Everyone only socially distances at the ball park. Once they are leaving the ball park, people can venture out into the world ever how they please. You've got people flying home on commercial flights and then flying back to join their teams during days off. Stuff like that. That's incredibly reckless. You're going to have to drill into everyone that they can basically only go to the ball park and only to their place of residence in the city they are playing not (if its their actual home, fine, but if they leave in say Florida but play for the Yankees, they aren't allowed to go home). If you do go somewhere else, its a mandatory quarantine for X amount of days or you have to have like 3 consecutive negative tests
Pretty sure these are the rules......just not sure how you monitor them.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is exactly why they shouldn't step outside whatever protocols the NBA has in place. As Lou is finding out, you don't want to be the guy who gets caught.

Him trying to defend himself over it with his "15 years and that's the only dirt on me, shut up" nonsense doesn't help him either.

Yeah Lou, 15 years in and the only dirt on you is you doing something that could shut down the entire league and end the season so you could get strip club chicken wings...it's kind of a big deal.

Ever hear of Doordash? Uber Eats? Postmates?

BOOM.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe he's that much of an idiot.....

"I went there for the food...."

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard about Kluber and even though not with us that sucks.....feel bad for the guy. Trade was a dud for both teams.

What did the Indians get for Kluber? And if they have to change their name what's your suggestion? How about going back to the Cleveland Spiders?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe he's that much of an idiot.....

"I went there for the food...."

Probably buys Playboy for the articles too.

Inb4 "there are some really good articles in Playboy".

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I just don't see any legit properly trained top dollar young chef choosing to work at a strip club over a five star restaurant. The pay difference alone would be insane.

If you were a legit chef which place would you rather work at- a strip club called the Greasy Weasel or a super expensive establishment named Chateau Hoity Toity?

That's why I said "Young and looking for to make a name for themselves".

With very few exceptions, you don't just walk out of culinary school and into a 5 star restaurant. Especially an established one.

If I were still a chef and still young, I'd definitely take an offer to take over the menu at a strip club.

Also, depending on how serious the strip club owner is about the food...I'd imagine a high end strip club could get fairly close to what a high end restaurant would pay. Especially in a place like Vegas, for example.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I said "Young and looking for to make a name for themselves".

With very few exceptions, you don't just walk out of culinary school and into a 5 star restaurant. Especially an established one.

If I were still a chef and still young, I'd definitely take an offer to take over the menu at a strip club.

Also, depending on how serious the strip club owner is about the food...I'd imagine a high end strip club could get fairly close to what a high end restaurant would pay. Especially in a place like Vegas, for example.

And I'm saying I don't think any young chef looking to make a name for himself would pick a strip club as a first option. Not saying it wouldn't or hasn't happened though.

As far as Vegas I know how to get that question answered.

@Peter Gozintite

Is there a strip club in Vegas known for their great food?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm saying I don't think any young chef looking to make a name for himself would pick a strip club as a first option. Not saying it wouldn't or hasn't happened though.

@Peter Gozintite

And having been a young chef, I'm betting a young chef would. Especially when you consider a young chef who can actually cook would likely be very popular with the ladies who work there.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@Peter Gozintite

Not that I know of, but I dont go to strip clubs. If you eat at a strip club here, I assume you have no instincts for self preservation.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And having been a young chef, I'm betting a young chef would. Especially when you consider a young chef who can actually cook would likely be very popular with the ladies who work there.

The funny thing about this topic is my cousin's a semi-retired elite chef. He's worked in France, Spain, Canada and several locations throughout the country. Gave him a call. So I asked when he was a young chef looking to make a name for himself would he have considered a strip club. He said absolutely not, that it would look awful on a resume.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing about this topic is my cousin's a semi-retired elite chef. He's worked in France, Spain, Canada and several locations throughout the country. Gave him a call. So I asked when he was a young chef looking to make a name for himself would he have considered a strip club. He said absolutely not, that it would look awful on a resume.

That makes sense.

Even a high end strip club. Seems like 2 worlds that just don’t overlap too much.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. After doing my research, he actually did have a legit family emergency. All Lou did wrong was go to that place but this wasn't a case of him leaving the bubble to have fun. He had some type of funeral/viewing to attend.

You can still be big on social justice and deal with regular human being stuff like death in the family

That doesn't mean you double down on the risk and get take-out. Put his team and the season at unnecessary risk.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes sense.

Even a high end strip club. Seems like 2 worlds that just don’t overlap too much.

Besides, we're talking about wings. All you need is a fryer and a few simple ingredients.