• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,121.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nba policy will likely soon be changed to if you leave you can’t come back. I don’t see any other way.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, for the rules on leaving the bubble, as @tlance said, life happens. You have to have a protocol in place for if a player has a family emergency.

It's one thing, for example, for Alex Caruso to skip his sisters wedding. Sucks for him and his sister, but not an emergency (even though he apparently could have gotten the okay to leave). It's something else entirely if it's life or death for a family member or the birth of a child.

I think that in order for this to work, you have to have something in place for things like that because they are outside of the players control. Without the ability to leave and return if necessary, I doubt we'd be finishing the season.

Considering how well planned out this thing is, I'd expect that the NBA has some pretty strict protocols for players who have to leave the bubble with limits on where they can go, etc.

Imo, for breaking protocol, he shouldn't be allowed back. But, there's no way the NBAPA is going to allow that.

So the NBA did the next best thing and hit him with the maximum number of quarantine days.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I've heard is the Marlins/A's game's been cancelled due to a virus outbreak amoung the Marlins. Total cases with them right now are at least 14 (four tested positive yesterday).

Did you hear that Kluber was taken out of the game yesterday after only 18 pitches? Got to watch the Indians the last three days thanks to a free preview from League Pass. What sucked though was I missed the 3 run homer by Ramirez due to technical problems.

Shohei Ohtani lasted 30 pitches, 15 of which were balls and he didn't record an out.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is about to end

Maybe.

If they don't adjust, it will. The way they are doing things is incredibly dumb. I'm not talking about not doing a bubble because logistically with the amount of people they have, it might not be possible (I have some ideas but I don't feel like explaining them out right now). I'm talking about every thing else. They are basically letting the players/coaches/team personnel work on the honor system. Everyone only socially distances at the ball park. Once they are leaving the ball park, people can venture out into the world ever how they please. You've got people flying home on commercial flights and then flying back to join their teams during days off. Stuff like that. That's incredibly reckless. You're going to have to drill into everyone that they can basically only go to the ball park and only to their place of residence in the city they are playing not (if its their actual home, fine, but if they leave in say Florida but play for the Yankees, they aren't allowed to go home). If you do go somewhere else, its a mandatory quarantine for X amount of days or you have to have like 3 consecutive negative tests

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, to an extent. Stuff that unnecessary needs to be avoided. They should have something in place where you can contact a representative to tell them you have an family emergency or something. Make some kind of rule you can come back to the bubble after a period of time and testing.

One fuck up like Lou and it can shutdown the entire season

Lou did leave to attend a funeral.

Then he chose to attend the strip club while he was out.

Terrible decision, but he did have a legit reason for leaving.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shohei Ohtani lasted 30 pitches, 15 of which were balls and he didn't record an out.

That's not good. Didn't the Angels give him alotta money? Kluber had been the opening day starter for the Indians the previous five or six years.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,747.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an idiot and I thought you couldn't go out of the bubble? It doesn't make sense to have a bubble if: 1. you are allowed to go out of the bubble 2. the players continue to do so

Is it really that important you have to go outside the bubble? LOL Especially a strip club
This.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not good. Didn't the Angels give him alotta money? Kluber had been the opening day starter for the Indians the previous five or six years.

Yeah, but to be fair, he hasn't pitched in 20 months. Then spring training got screwed up. John Smoltz was on Dan Patrick this morning and said he thinks he'll be fine. Just needs reps.

But I saw some of it and it wasn't pretty.

He made a good point too. He said Ohtani has one thing going for him that other pitchers don't...he can make up for it with his bat. lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but to be fair, he hasn't pitched in 20 months. Then spring training got screwed up. John Smoltz was on Dan Patrick this morning and said he thinks he'll be fine. Just needs reps.

But I saw some of it and it wasn't pretty.

He made a good point too. He said Ohtani has one thing going for him that other pitchers don't...he can make up for it with his bat. lol

I really think the Angels need to stop messing with Ohtani as a pitcher. He is an all star caliber hitter already. But they limit his ability to impact games by making him DH only and benching him before and after he pitches.

Given an off-season to work at it, I bet he would be a good defensive outfielder. He is obviously a terrific athlete with a hose for an arm. The idea of trying to do both is limiting his value IMO.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you still have an account, FD probably put $10 in it. Might as well use it.

Been using it this week lol

Hit the free home run pool yesterday. But so did a bunch of people lol

About even last week with baseball

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, for the rules on leaving the bubble, as @tlance said, life happens. You have to have a protocol in place for if a player has a family emergency.

It's one thing, for example, for Alex Caruso to skip his sisters wedding. Sucks for him and his sister, but not an emergency (even though he apparently could have gotten the okay to leave). It's something else entirely if it's life or death for a family member or the birth of a child.

I think that in order for this to work, you have to have something in place for things like that because they are outside of the players control. Without the ability to leave and return if necessary, I doubt we'd be finishing the season.

Considering how well planned out this thing is, I'd expect that the NBA has some pretty strict protocols for players who have to leave the bubble with limits on where they can go, etc.

Imo, for breaking protocol, he shouldn't be allowed back. But, there's no way the NBAPA is going to allow that.

So the NBA did the next best thing and hit him with the maximum number of quarantine days.

They should just set a fine limit and take away pay for games missed. The quarantine should take away the risk but it's reckless to claim "family emergency" and then you're caught out at a strip club.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.

If they don't adjust, it will. The way they are doing things is incredibly dumb. I'm not talking about not doing a bubble because logistically with the amount of people they have, it might not be possible (I have some ideas but I don't feel like explaining them out right now). I'm talking about every thing else. They are basically letting the players/coaches/team personnel work on the honor system. Everyone only socially distances at the ball park. Once they are leaving the ball park, people can venture out into the world ever how they please. You've got people flying home on commercial flights and then flying back to join their teams during days off. Stuff like that. That's incredibly reckless. You're going to have to drill into everyone that they can basically only go to the ball park and only to their place of residence in the city they are playing not (if its their actual home, fine, but if they leave in say Florida but play for the Yankees, they aren't allowed to go home). If you do go somewhere else, its a mandatory quarantine for X amount of days or you have to have like 3 consecutive negative tests

they didn't address any of it because I'm sure the MLBPA wouldn't discuss it. That's what is such nonsense about their "safety argument". They are safer than just about anywhere public when they're on the actual field.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, coach. you guys are giving our scrubs a run for their money...

J.R. Smith with 14 so far. must be keeping his weed outta the bubble...:lol:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Wizards would be alright if every team was required to bench their 3 best players.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dammit, missed the game today. Will definitely be watching Thursday though...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit, missed the game today. Will definitely be watching Thursday though...

It's only been a couple of games, but JR has looked like the time off he's had was good for him.

JR Smith, Dion Waters, Dwight Howard, Javal McGee, The Bald Mamba, KCP, Rondo...this team has a serious cast of characters. If only we could get Swaggy P back. lol

Last edited: