• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be excited about them, too.

Still need an elite wing to be a contender I think, but fun to watch.

I just hope Dragic and Butler don't school 'em to badly tonite.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What many people refer to as the "modern" NBA started right around 1982-1983. This was when the Finals was no longer broadcast on tape delay because of lack of ratings. The 3 pt shot was added in 1979- just a few years earlier drastically changing the nature of the game. Its when the league began to rise on the shoulders of the Bird and Magic rivarly. Its when the NBA actually became more of a mainstream sport and started passing up sports like boxing and horse racing for popularity among the American public and cemented itself as one of the "Big" sports leagues. Its when expansion and merger's actually brought forth a mature league that was/is relatively the same as we see today. Jordan entered the league soon there-after. Up until 1986 NBA playoff games were still not even broadcast in real-time all the time.

Chamberlain's 100 pt game was not even taped and was played in a gym with 2,000 people in attendance.

The old time NBA was mostly a joke.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers would welcome Irving for say Kuz, Green, KCP, McGee, and future 2ounder.

Yeah that ain't happening lol.

Honestly, I wouldn't give up Green and Kuz for Irving. That sounds crazy, I know. They don't need Kyrie imo. I like Green's role on this team, without him, there is a big hole imo. Kuzma I think is going to fit right into this team, the verdict is still out on that though.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, I wouldn't give up Green and Kuz for Irving. That sounds crazy, I know. They don't need Kyrie imo. I like Green's role on this team, without him, there is a big hole imo. Kuzma I think is going to fit right into this team, the verdict is still out on that though.

I know.....just me with my wishful thinking......LOL.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and there is a very large chance Kuzma will be just fine but it makes me nervous when big men have stress issues in their feet.

Typically jumping up and down on a 6'9" 250 lb. frame does not HELP stress reactions in your feet. Jumping up and down and running and cutting thousands and thousands of times over hundreds of games is a lot of stress- esp. on guys that are so big. Def. something to keep track of.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It seems Kuzma was a little young to have an injury - but as long as it wasn't a major tear that is usually what happens to older players - I think he will be okay. I'm a little nervous on that but I think Danny Green and Kuzma are better role players for what the Lakers want to do.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, if we somehow got Irving I'd be all like....

Randy Marsh covered in goo....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and there is a very large chance Kuzma will be just fine but it makes me nervous when big men have stress issues in their feet.

Typically jumping up and down on a 6'9" 250 lb. frame does not HELP stress reactions in your feet. Jumping up and down and running and cutting thousands and thousands of times over hundreds of games is a lot of stress- esp. on guys that are so big. Def. something to keep track of.

LOL.

He's 24.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah not sure how that pans out but I mean Kyrie is still a big question mark as well...one bad fall and he could be out for the season or career with his issues.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess i just thought it was funny to see a Sixers fan, a fan of a team who has had some of the least success in the NBA over the last 35 years go after the success of a different team.

but then again you were, what? 14 when they won their last title. That memory must be emblazoned in your mind.

If I were you id refresh it because i dont see that streak coming to an end anytime soon.

Was that one of the NBA Final's that was on tape delay? I know that practice ended right around that time- maybe a few years before hand.

Uh huh. Cool story bro.

I was a Navy brat so I moved around a lot as a kid. So I would up picking a lot of random teams. Sixers, Flyers, Seahawks and Red Sox.

The 90s were some tough times for me but I can't really complain about the 21st century. 3 Super Bowl appearances, one Super Bowl win. 4 World Series titles.

Remember how amazing it was when the Browns won their last Super Bowl? What? Oh, sorry. Hey do you remember how amazing it was the last time the Browns won a playoff game? No? How bout the last time you were in the playoffs?

Hey has Mayfield beaten out Roethlisberger for winningest QB in Browns Stadium history yet?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

He's 24.
exactly.

if this is happening at 24 what do you think is going to happen at 26 or 28 or 30?

this is supposed to be the time when you are the healthiest and least prone to stress injuries- when you are young.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If true, like you knew what I meant in my comment about the burnt jersey (as the entire country knew a jersey was burnt).

Did I make excuses for my poor wording? Nope.

Yeah & when I posted that gif of some random person burning a LeBron jersey for some bizarre reason you took it personal. Learn to spot sarcasm. And the fact I had to explain it to you is proof you take yourself way too seriously on this site & have no sense of humor.

The only excuses you ever have are the lame attempts to defend yourself when your fragile little ego gets hurt.

It's hilarious that gif pissed you off. Pushing your buttons is way too easy. Here it is again. I hope you get overly offended again so I can continue to laugh at you.

yyz2bDU.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it counts. Does that mean if someone questions the Browns success I should point to their titles in the 50s and 60s?
in that case, Otto Graham is the best QB to ever live and the Browns are football royalty! LOL

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be misunderstanding your argument. If so, I apologize in advance.

Now?

Sure.

I know Joe Harris’ game very well as a UVA fan. He has worked extremely hard and he evolved as a player. He was not anywhere close to this good in Cleveland. If he was, he would have played a lot. Even for the championship team in 2016.

Some stats for you:

Harris’ first year in Brooklyn was 2017 when they were very bad. He got 21 minutes a game, shot .425 from the field, 38.5 from 3 and 71.4 from the line. Good from 3, bad everywhere else for a shooter. He has always had a solid floor game, but it was 2018 when he finally started to become the elite shooter he is today.

That year he was 49% from the field, 41.9% from 3 and 82.7 from the line. 2019 was even better.

Going further back, while he always shot well from 3 in college (career 40.7%), but he was never a very good FT shooter and he hovered around 44% from the field overall.

So don’t use Harris as a D league example to bolster your case, because while he would have been a low end rotation guy on a bad team his first 2 years, he would not have been a rotation guy for most if any playoff caliber teams in 2015/2016. He has gotten a lot better.
You did misunderstand my point in the discussion.

was simply some Heat fans crowing about how successful the Heat have been grooming guys in the D/G-League. Really all they came up with of guys when asked who were more than a JAG was Whiteside. Someone brought up T. Johnson but other than being overpaid, he is no more than a JAG and not a better player than Joe Harris (a D/G Leaguer for the Cavs).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess i just thought it was funny to see a Sixers fan, a fan of a team who has had some of the least success in the NBA over the last 35 years go after the success of a different team.

but then again you were, what? 14 when they won their last title. That memory must be emblazoned in your mind.

If I were you id refresh it because i dont see that streak coming to an end anytime soon.

Was that one of the NBA Final's that was on tape delay? I know that practice ended right around that time- maybe a few years before hand.

What's really funny is a Cavs fan (or really, a fan of any Cleveland team) trying to compare team success with...well, pretty much any city.