• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @Cavs fans thinking they have one of the most successful franchises.
definitely top 10 since the advent of the 3 point line that is without a doubt true

Just like i think its ridiculous for Browns fans to crow multiple championships decades and decades and decades ago when the game did not even resemble what it is now-- the "Modern" NBA began shortly after the advent of the 3 pt line

as i said

-3 pt line added
-expansion and merger brought the NBA into mostly the mature league that it is today
-the league was no longer on tape delay for the Finals which was pathetic--- as i said- Wilt getting his 100 point game in a gym with 2,000 and not on tape is pathetic
-an all african american starting 5 was not even in the NBA until 1965 because of racism--- back in the beginning of a puny NBA with barely a dozen teams and rampant racisim
-the ratings were horrible and the NBA was on the verge of bankruptcy becasue of lack of interest multiple times- NBA was not even CLOSE to a Big 3 sport at that point- it was a niche sport that was behind BOXING AND HORSE RACING in popularity

then Jordan cmae along, Bird and Magic came along, the 3 pt line was invented, expansion, merger- and we have something that actually looks like the modern NBA----- and not guys in cloth helmets and the goalpost at the front of the end zone instead of the back of the end zone (if you catch my drift)

since then- o NO FUCKING DOUBT BOY- Cavs are a top 10 most succesful team in the NBA. Argue otherwise and you would be wrong.

the old time NBA was a pathetic, racist, underdeveloped joke.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta disagree with you on this one. I was 16 and 17 when the Browns lost the Drive and Fumble games. The losses still sting so I'm sure I would have unbelievable memories had we pulled it out and gone on to win the SB.

still pissed we lost to Oakland in 1980 season.
disagree with what? i said remember it. what the hell are you talking about?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruh.....AD, James, and Irving would be a Hell of a trio to trot out there every night.....
I don't disagree one bit. But could argue a younger Lebron, Kyrie and Love were every bit as good, had a ton of success and Kyrie still wasn't happy.

But if you found a way to keep him from going off the deep end you and I could fill out the roster and they could win a round in the playoffs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta disagree with you on this one. I was 16 and 17 when the Browns lost the Drive and Fumble games. The losses still sting so I'm sure I would have unbelievable memories had we pulled it out and gone on to win the SB.

Shit, I'm not a Browns fan and those still sting. I hated the damn Broncos and did like the Browns. My Mom and her best friend were huge Broncos fans and I had talked a lot of shit. Lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So has Cleveland Sherlock:lol: Except for the Lebron years, they have been a worthless pile of shit including now and in the dark ages. :pound::pound::pound::pound:
Agreed......But the Lebron years counted and they also had some success in late 80s and into the 90s.

But in a current discussion do titles in the 80s really matter much?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

something about glass houses and stones comes to mind...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
definitely top 10 since the advent of the 3 point line that is without a doubt true

Just like i think its ridiculous for Browns fans to crow multiple championships decades and decades and decades ago when the game did not even resemble what it is now-- the "Modern" NBA began shortly after the advent of the 3 pt line

as i said

-3 pt line added
-expansion and merger brought the NBA into mostly the mature league that it is today
-the league was no longer on tape delay for the Finals which was pathetic--- as i said- Wilt getting his 100 point game in a gym with 2,000 and not on tape is pathetic
-an all african american starting 5 was not even in the NBA until 1965 because of racism--- back in the beginning of a puny NBA with barely a dozen teams and rampant racisim
-the ratings were horrible and the NBA was on the verge of bankruptcy becasue of lack of interest multiple times- NBA was not even CLOSE to a Big 3 sport at that point- it was a niche sport that was behind BOXING AND HORSE RACING in popularity

then Jordan cmae along, Bird and Magic came along, the 3 pt line was invented, expansion, merger- and we have something that actually looks like the modern NBA----- and not guys in cloth helmets and the goalpost at the front of the end zone instead of the back of the end zone (if you catch my drift)

since then- o NO FUCKING DOUBT BOY- Cavs are a top 10 most succesful team in the NBA. Argue otherwise and you would be wrong.

the old time NBA was a pathetic, racist, underdeveloped joke.

:pound:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers look dangerous this season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed......But the Lebron years counted and they also had some success in late 80s and into the 90s.

But in a current discussion do titles in the 80s really matter much?
plus- if you go back to the 80's--- certian teams lake the Lakers and Celtics had certain advantages that have been hugely mitigated.

Maybe they still have an eddge, but it pales in comparison to what it used to be. When once that edge used to be a Hattori Hanzo samurai sword its now a butter knife.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah & when I posted that gif of some random person burning a LeBron jersey for some bizarre reason you took it personal. Learn to spot sarcasm. And the fact I had to explain it to you is proof you take yourself way too seriously on this site & have no sense of humor.

The only excuses you ever have are the lame attempts to defend yourself when your fragile little ego gets hurt.

It's hilarious that gif pissed you off. Pushing your buttons is way too easy. Here it is again. I hope you get overly offended again so I can continue to laugh at you.

View attachment 221356
Realized it was sarcastic, but still owned up to my mistake as the way I worded it your comment could have been made as a serious one, as well.

I messed up the wording. I said as much. You messed up the wording, you cried and still do.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember when Curt Warner blew out his knew in week 2 of what was expected to be the Seahawks best season ever, up to that point. Some tears welled up in me for that one.

I remember when Pelle Lindberg drove his Porsche into a wall. That definitely made me cry.

Of course I was in college for the infamous Buckner debacle. In Kenmore Square no less.

I don't really have a lot of soul crushing moments with the Sixers. I guess last year was the most heart breaking but it's hard to be that heart broken when you lose in the 2nd round. They were great in the 80s and the 83 team was incredible. I never thought the Iverson squad was going to beat the Lakers and I thought it was a miracle that we got to the finals. Basically the 90s and 2000s Sixers teams had Pacers/Nuggets disease. Sometimes they were pretty darn good but never really a threat to win a title and sometimes they were mediocre.

Then the 2010s occurred and Hinkie did his Hinkie things which led to some REALLY painful years. But now the team is poised to be a title contender for a few years. I'm sure I'll have some heart break over the next few years.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even if you go back to 1980 the Cavs are without a doubt still a top 10 most successful franchise in the NBA from 1980 till present.

1. Bulls- obvious
2. Spurs-
3. Lakers
4- Celtics (Spurs, Lakers, Celtics are all pretty close together)
5. Warriors
6. Pistons
7. Heat---- Warriors, Pistons, Heat are all pretty close together
8. Rockets-
9. Cavs--- Rockets and Cavs are pretty close--- Rockets have 2 titles, but the Cavs made 5 Finals and had some other pretty good teams

after that I dont even know who 10 would be.

No titles, but Utah perhaps?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Curt Warner blew out his knew in week 2 of what was expected to be the Seahawks best season ever, up to that point. Some tears welled up in me for that one.

I remember when Pelle Lindberg drove his Porsche into a wall. That definitely made me cry.

Of course I was in college for the infamous Buckner debacle. In Kenmore Square no less.

I don't really have a lot of soul crushing moments with the Sixers. I guess last year was the most heart breaking but it's hard to be that heart broken when you lose in the 2nd round. They were great in the 80s and the 83 team was incredible. I never thought the Iverson squad was going to beat the Lakers and I thought it was a miracle that we got to the finals. Basically the 90s and 2000s Sixers teams had Pacers/Nuggets disease. Sometimes they were pretty darn good but never really a threat to win a title and sometimes they were mediocre.

Then the 2010s occurred and Hinkie did his Hinkie things which led to some REALLY painful years. But now the team is poised to be a title contender for a few years. I'm sure I'll have some heart break over the next few years.
Some of your heartbreak might have been mitigated by feeling they could not get by GS (healthy at the time you went down).

I was pretty heartbroken after The Shot, but that was because the Cavs had a legit shot to get to and win the title.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
plus- if you go back to the 80's--- certian teams lake the Lakers and Celtics had certain advantages that have been hugely mitigated.

Maybe they still have an eddge, but it pales in comparison to what it used to be. When once that edge used to be a Hattori Hanzo samurai sword its now a butter knife.

filing this under "excuses, excuses"...:dhd:

Last edited:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even if you go back to 1980 the Cavs are without a doubt still a top 10 most successful franchise in the NBA from 1980 till present.

1. Bulls- obvious
2. Spurs-
3. Lakers
4- Celtics (Spurs, Lakers, Celtics are all pretty close together)
5. Warriors
6. Pistons
7. Heat---- Warriors, Pistons, Heat are all pretty close together
8. Rockets-
9. Cavs--- Rockets and Cavs are pretty close--- Rockets have 2 titles, but the Cavs made 5 Finals and had some other pretty good teams

after that I dont even know who 10 would be.

No titles, but Utah perhaps?

The Bulls at #1 from 1980 to present? Almost 40 years....

Ha.

1-LA Lakers
2-Boston
3-SA
4-Chicago
5-GS