• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also was not that good in 2016.

Completely defeats your comparison to Tyler Johnson and the depth of the Heat.
You think I was ripping Harris and I wasn't. Only comparison was both were in G League and today Harris is better.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh huh. Cool story bro.

I was a Navy brat so I moved around a lot as a kid. So I would up picking a lot of random teams. Sixers, Flyers, Seahawks and Red Sox.

The 90s were some tough times for me but I can't really complain about the 21st century. 3 Super Bowl appearances, one Super Bowl win. 4 World Series titles.

Remember how amazing it was when the Browns won their last Super Bowl? What? Oh, sorry. Hey do you remember how amazing it was the last time the Browns won a playoff game? No? How bout the last time you were in the playoffs?

Hey has Mayfield beaten out Roethlisberger for winningest QB in Browns Stadium history yet?
The Browns have not had any SB success and no titles in nearly 60 years. That's probably why we don't bring up those teams in a discussion about the current NFL.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.

not surprised

it is something a Traitor would post. :lol::lol:

you sure are traitor all the way to the bone.....

You & dtgold are like Beavis & Butthead. Since those names are taken Skidmark (you) & Douchebag (him) will work.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's really funny is a Cavs fan (or really, a fan of any Cleveland team) trying to compare team success with...well, pretty much any city.
In a discussion about the recent NBA (last 5-10 years) other than GS who can really compare team success with a Cavs' fan?

we can talk CFB, too, if you want.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's really funny is a Cavs fan (or really, a fan of any Cleveland team) trying to compare team success with...well, pretty much any city.
dont be a dumbass

go around the NBA

how many teams have been to 5 finals and won 1 since the Cavs have been in existence (not too mention some nice runs in the Price/Daughterty years snuffed by Jordan)?

Since 1979-1982 (the advent of the modern NBA, 3 pt line, end of tape delay of the Finals, the NBA actually becoming the 3rd biggest sport [well that might not have technically happened for a few years yet and the maturing of the bird/magic rivalry, the rise of Jordan and the end of playoff games on tape delay in 1986], expansion , etc.)) o the Cavs are definitely one of the top 10 most successful franchises.

this is just off the top of my head

1. Bulls
2. Spurs
3. Lakers
4. Celtics
5. Warriors
6. Pistons
7. Heat
8. Rockets
9. Cavs

I dont even know who 10 would be......

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont be a dumbass

giphy.gif

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some one who's team has only one championship since they have existed(Cleveland) you sure are talking a lot of shit about a team who have been to the finals 9 times and won 3 times.
Great.....want to talk football? Cleveland has 6 NFL titles. 9 if you want to make it NE Ohio.

Yay us!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a discussion about the recent NBA (last 5-10 years) other than GS who can really compare team success with a Cavs' fan?

Lol @Cavs fans and their 5 year run that got them 1 title. It's cute.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

since the real NBA began the Cavs are def. top 10.

With the NBA- and so many teams being repeat winners- (Bulls, Spurs, Lakers, Celtics, Pistons, Heat---- all with each at least 3 since 1980) - 5 Finals appearances and a title puts the Cavs in the top 10 most successful NBA franchises without a doubt.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont be a dumbass

go around the NBA

how many teams have been to 5 finals and won 1 since the Cavs have been in existence (not too mention some nice runs in the Price/Daughterty years snuffed by Jordan)?

Since 1979-1982 (the advent of the modern NBA, 3 pt line, end of tape delay of the Finals, the NBA actually becoming the 3rd biggest sport [well that might not have technically happened for a few years yet and the maturing of the bird/magic rivalry, the rise of Jordan and the end of playoff games on tape delay in 1986], expansion , etc.)) o the Cavs are definitely one of the top 10 most successful franchises.

this is just off the top of my head

1. Bulls
2. Spurs
3. Lakers
4. Celtics
5. Warriors
6. Pistons
7. Heat
8. Rockets
9. Cavs

I dont even know who 10 would be......

Lol @Cavs fans thinking they have one of the most successful franchises.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the dark ages of basketball. Most of their success came in a puny league where minorities were discriminated against and the NBA Finals was broadcasted on tape delay and played in front of audiences that are small compared to most Texas High School Football games. Whoop-D-Fucking-Doo.

In the last 35 years they have, for the most part, been one of the worst franchises in the league.
Wouldn't put them in "the worst" category but they certainly have not done nearly what the Cavs have in the same time.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are trying to put down the Cavs' team success in a conversation with a Hawks' fan. Kind of absurd.

I was not trying to put down the Cavs team success. I was stating a fairly obvious fact. The current Cavs team is not good. It was terrible last year and will likely be a 20 win team again.

You and Wiggy successfully keep pointless arguments about the Cavs going in the general thread.

No one really cares about Tristan Thompson or Colin Sexton. Maybe Sexton will be a great player some day but right now he's a 2nd year kid on a not very good team.

So if you are going to keep clogging up the general thread with Cavs flotsam than you are going to get these kinds of responses.

To be clear, I have no problem with you talking about the Cavs but it doesn't have to dominate the thread. If you really want dedicated Cavs chat, start a new thread about it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Raptors. They're 1 for 1 in the NBA Finals. Cavs are 1 for 4 (in the last 5-10 years)

Which one is better?

Or have they given out prizes for 2nd place?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm 51 and I remember that title quite well.

I'm pretty happy with our team right now. I don't much care for dick measuring contests about my teams. But I have to say, I never expected a Cleveland fan to engage in one.
49 and also remember. Don't think 76ers have been nearly as bad as wiggy is saying, but we are living in a time where in the last half decade the cavs won a title and played for 3 others....last 12 years it's 4 others. Zero and zero for Philly.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49 and also remember. Don't think 76ers have been nearly as bad as wiggy is saying, but we are living in a time where in the last half decade the cavs won a title and played for 3 others....last 12 years it's 4 others. Zero and zero for Philly.

I never said anything otherwise. Wiggy was the one doing the dick measuring contest about the Cavs. My only response was that it was weird that a Cleveland fan would choose that sort of argument.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers would welcome Irving for say Kuz, Green, KCP, McGee, and future 2ounder.

No thank you. His crazy exceeds his talent.

And that's saying something, considering how talented he is.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess i just thought it was funny to see a Sixers fan, a fan of a team who has had some of the least success in the NBA over the last 35 years go after the success of a different team.

but then again you were, what? 14 when they won their last title. That memory must be emblazoned in your mind.

If I were you id refresh it because i dont see that streak coming to an end anytime soon.

Was that one of the NBA Final's that was on tape delay? I know that practice ended right around that time- maybe a few years before hand.
Gotta disagree with you on this one. I was 16 and 17 when the Browns lost the Drive and Fumble games. The losses still sting so I'm sure I would have unbelievable memories had we pulled it out and gone on to win the SB.

still pissed we lost to Oakland in 1980 season.