• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 165,527.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kaepernick aftermath is still crazy to me.

I know multiple people who used to be big NFL fans and now refuse to watch to this day because of that. I get that it pissed a lot of people off and I understand why. But it also wasn’t his intention to disrespect soldiers and vets.

He made his point and it cost him his job. Which is all fair. But the Kaep haters that still hold a grudge today really need to let it go.

Literally a zero percent chance of that. He absolutely disrespected vets and without a doubt law enforcement. I blame the NFL for this as much as anything but he is a piece of shit and that will not be forgotten.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 165,527.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly it really isn't that serious. Plus not being in the NFL should make them happy enough.

I never get the stop watching sports because of one person. I also know ton of people on the other side who boycotting the NFL because they feel like he was should be on a team. I believe that as well but I never thought about stop watching football...not even for a second

no there is no way I would let anything rob me of the pleasure I get out of much of anything. Jerry Jones did it with me being a cowboys fan but i didn’t quit the league. Goodell has done as much as anyone to drive people away but I’ll keep watching when I so choose.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally a zero percent chance of that. He absolutely disrespected vets and without a doubt law enforcement. I blame the NFL for this as much as anything but he is a piece of shit and that will not be forgotten.

He also got the approval to take a knee instead of just sitting on a bench by a vet but people will always forget it.

As for disrespecting law enforcement, We'll just ignore all the blacks killed by police when it was almost never necessary

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I mentioned earlier I've been looking at some open (pick a state) groups. They might be even more extreme than the doom and gloomers.

I would be willing to bet that many who are advocating violent protests were also among those who cried about Kaepernick choosing to protest in the way he did.....peacefully.

1000% fact

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kaepernick aftermath is still crazy to me.

I know multiple people who used to be big NFL fans and now refuse to watch to this day because of that. I get that it pissed a lot of people off and I understand why. But it also wasn’t his intention to disrespect soldiers and vets.

He made his point and it cost him his job. Which is all fair. But the Kaep haters that still hold a grudge today really need to let it go.

Yes and no. Many of the same people who support Kaepernick and criticize those that don't like him also say things like "If one person is offended then it has to stop".

Whether Kaepernick intended to offend anyone or not, he did and many refused to stop until they were forced to.

And I'd be willing to bet that the majority of people who claim to no longer watch the NFL because of that are full of shit.

I will say though, that people who complain about everything he does because of their grudge, need to stfu. There were people complaining because he set up a fund or something that's for minorities only. Said it's racist against white people. Dude does something good and folks still want to criticize. :tsk:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 165,527.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also got the approval to take a knee instead of just sitting on a bench by a vet but people will always forget it.

As for disrespecting law enforcement, We'll just ignore all the blacks killed by police when it was almost never necessary

almost never huh? Ok yeah we can leave this off of this board. I’ll just say that a lot of good people get slandered needlessly with that approach.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
almost never huh? Ok yeah we can leave this off of this board. I’ll just say that a lot of good people get slandered needlessly with that approach.

The deaths that Kaep and the black community had protest about? Yeah most of them didn't need to result in death. I'm talking about the idiots who may have shot at police, pulled a gun, or etc.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If a white person gets permission to use the n-word from a black person, does that mean he has permission to use it towards all black people and none should take offense?

Just because some weren't offended by it, doesn't mean none were.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say though, that people who complain about everything he does because of their grudge, need to stfu. There were people complaining because he set up a fund or something that's for minorities only. Said it's racist against white people. Dude does something good and folks still want to criticize. :tsk:

That thread was a joke. Reminded me why I try to stay off that board.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a white person gets permission to use the n-word, does that mean he has permission to use it towards all black people and none should take offense?

Just because some weren't offended by it, doesn't mean none were.

Speaking for myself, I would be more upset with the person who gave the permission to use the N word because they should. This actually did happen in the black community with a few comedians and most were angry with the blacks

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking for myself, I would be more upset with the person who gave the permission to use the N word because they should. This actually did happen in the black community with a few comedians and most were angry with the blacks

Perhaps other veterans felt the same way about the veteran who gave Kaep permission?

I know of a few who said that person didn't speak for them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly it really isn't that serious. Plus not being in the NFL should make them happy enough.

I never get the stop watching sports because of one person. I also know ton of people on the other side who boycotting the NFL because they feel like he was should be on a team. I believe that as well but I never thought about stop watching football...not even for a second
Me, neither. To give up something I have loved for 40+ years (more for some) because of a peaceful protest by one guy (even more than one guy) that I probably would not have even known about if such a big deal was not made a bout it? Not happening.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about the fact it was a conversation with a vet that led to the form of protest he used?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the Kaep mention. Only brought it up because of how absurd I thought it was for someone to complain about what he did but encourage a violent protest over their own beliefs.