• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're talking about the PF, that place is a cesspool. I don't usually squash political talk here because I don't want people to have to subject themselves to that place.

On the fairly rare occasions that I go in there...it usually means I'm bored, stoned and probably trolling.

Then I take a shower after I'm done. lol
It is fun to go in there and ruffle some feathers.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly do not to offend anyone, my main issue is that he bit the hand that feeds him. The NFL is guilty of letting him do it though. This should have been laid to rest quickly. Ok I’m ready for the nfl draft.
Tebow-ing.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond is such a big idiot. If there is one guy who has gotten too much credit for the Warriors' three titles, it's gotta be Draymond.

Still, I'll forever give him points for hitting Paul Pierce with the "Oh you thought you was Kobe? They don't love you like that" during Pierce's last year.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I mentioned earlier I've been looking at some open (pick a state) groups. They might be even more extreme than the doom and gloomers.

I would be willing to bet that many who are advocating violent protests were also among those who cried about Kaepernick choosing to protest in the way he did.....peacefully.

You talking about the ones on Facebook? Most of those aren't what they seem. They aren't grassroots or organic. They're actually being organized by far right groups to push agendas and taking advantage of dolts that don't know any better and/or don't even care but just want to yell at something anyway. Here's a piece about the Dorr brothers (pro-gun activists and accused scammers who have set up sites like this in the past to get user info to sell for profit). I read a piece last week (can't find it now) that followed the same pattern mentioned in the Dorr piece about the "reopen" sites were registered to the same person and used the exact same boilerplate language (a sign that its fishy, and not just some pure protest). And then of course the Proud Boys, a white nationalist group, have ties to organizing and participating the "protests" as well, including blocking ambulances from getting to hospitals in Michigan. So yeah, these groups/protests aren't what they appear to be on the surface.

Conservative activist family behind 'grassroots' anti-quarantine Facebook events

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly it really isn't that serious. Plus not being in the NFL should make them happy enough.

I never get the stop watching sports because of one person. I also know ton of people on the other side who boycotting the NFL because they feel like he was should be on a team. I believe that as well but I never thought about stop watching football...not even for a second

Nah. He shouldn’t be on a team. He is physically good enough, yes. But every single athlete in every sport has a point where potential off field distraction risk is greater than their ability to produce on the field.

If Pat Mahomes started kneeling tomorrow he would still have a job. Kapernick isn’t a good enough player to overcome that. So no team will ever take the chance to bring him in. It isn’t worth it. The NFL collusion theory stuff is garbage. It is a pretty easy calculation to make in this case and all 32 teams made the same one.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond is such a big idiot. If there is one guy who has gotten too much credit for the Warriors' three titles, it's gotta be Draymond.

Yeah, he is an idiot. He is tone deaf and while there is always a grain of truth to what he says, he is completely oblivious to how he is perceived, and therefor the message gets lost.

That said, he is just as responsible for what the Warriors became as Klay and Steph were. So he deserves a ton of credit for that. They don’t elevate to the point of winning a title or being in the KD sweepstakes without Draymond’s on court contributions in ‘15 and ‘16.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. He shouldn’t be on a team. He is physically good enough, yes. But every single athlete in every sport has a point where potential off field distraction risk is greater than their ability to produce on the field.

If Pat Mahomes started kneeling tomorrow he would still have a job. Kapernick isn’t a good enough player to overcome that. So no team will ever take the chance to bring him in. It isn’t worth it. The NFL collusion theory stuff is garbage. It is a pretty easy calculation to make in this case and all 32 teams made the same one.

It's the same deal with Tebow. He was definitely backup quality but everywhere he went it would've been "put in Tebow" unless he backed up Rogers or Brady.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still, I'll forever give him points for hitting Paul Pierce with the "Oh you thought you was Kobe? They don't love you like that" during Pierce's last year.

That's an all timer right there.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. People who say he belongs on a team have probably never played football.

The one thing every football coach at every level hate are distractions. If football coaches had their way, they would have the team in a 24/7 football only compound from the start of training camp to the end of the season.

Kaepernick is a backup quality qb. Backup qb's are expected to stand on the sidelines in a baseball cap, hold the clipboard and keep their mouth shut.

When the backup qb has more reporters at his locker than the starting qb...the backup isn't going to be around long. It's the same reason Tebow isn't in the league.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the same deal with Tebow. He was definitely backup quality but everywhere he went it would've been "put in Tebow" unless he backed up Rogers or Brady.

That is a good analogy.

Obviously the Tebow drama is because he is so damn popular in certain segments of America, so kind of the opposite in some ways, but that is exactly why his career got cut short. You don’t want a lightening rod as your second string QB.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a good analogy.

Obviously the Tebow drama is because he is so damn popular in certain segments of America, so kind of the opposite in some ways, but that is exactly why his career got cut short. You don’t want a lightening rod as your second string QB.

Yep.

Whether you're a distraction because you were leading some protest, or a distraction because you have a huge and loyal fan base from your college days...

You're still a distraction and coaches ain't havin' it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a good analogy.

this is not factual, but I suspect making things worse was Kaep probably wanted starter money to be a backup.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talking about the ones on Facebook? Most of those aren't what they seem. They aren't grassroots or organic. They're actually being organized by far right groups to push agendas and taking advantage of dolts that don't know any better and/or don't even care but just want to yell at something anyway. Here's a piece about the Dorr brothers (pro-gun activists and accused scammers who have set up sites like this in the past to get user info to sell for profit). I read a piece last week (can't find it now) that followed the same pattern mentioned in the Dorr piece about the "reopen" sites were registered to the same person and used the exact same boilerplate language (a sign that its fishy, and not just some pure protest). And then of course the Proud Boys, a white nationalist group, have ties to organizing and participating the "protests" as well, including blocking ambulances from getting to hospitals in Michigan. So yeah, these groups/protests aren't what they appear to be on the surface.

Conservative activist family behind 'grassroots' anti-quarantine Facebook events
whatever they are, they are free comedy to read. Pretty sure the one I have seen a little different as they seem aware about the others and at least try to be different...but they often fail so who knows?