• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmmmm....

What's going on here?

Please tell me Spida isn't already angling for a bigger market?

I understand being upset. But, nobody died. So, it could have been a lot worse.

Considering all the efforts the Jazz had taken to educate their players on the matter and to ensure their safety, it’s not hard to see why there would be frustration with anyone who was still downplaying the disease. Now, though, they must find a way to move forward. The Jazz have already begun working on the Mitchell-Gobert relationship, but sources say Mitchell remains reluctant to fix what might have been broken. “It doesn’t appear salvageable,” one source with knowledge of the situation said

With how late we as a country were to shutting things down, you almost have to thank Gobert for being an idiot, as he really got things moving in a hurry.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy birthday you old fart! Wait a minute, I'll be 48 in a couple of months. Hope ya have a good day though.

In past years, we would go to the AAA home opener (Rochester Red Wings), as my brother's b-day is the 15th. It is often too cold (and it snowed this AM, but quickly melted away as we got near 50 by the afternoon). I've been to games where it was near 70 when the game started, and nearly snowing by the time I left. Yesterday would've been the home opener this year.

This year? Watching whatever is on HBO or Showtime so far (The Nice Guys, Yesterday, etc) while eating some McD's breakfast to start. Not too different from most days off, but still miss getting out into the CD store; it's a major addiction for me. Ordering online and waiting for days just isn't the same thing, and I just can't transition to downloading.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I listened to his presser a few days ago. "Open up" is relative anyway. We talking getting certain businesses back to work? We talking bars and restaurants? Those will likely open with capacity restrictions just like the grocery stores. Sports will likely be empty or with restrictions for the foreseeable future.

It's not like one day everything is back to normal. But rather working towards normal

I just want to buy toilet paper, bread, and CDs without fearing infection. I'm perfectly fine with working from home, although I'd prefer a full paycheck of course...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the covid19 healthdata site is right then the downward trend for deaths in NY officially started today. By this time next week, there should be about 300 fewer deaths daily compared to what we got this week.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah just saw it....pretty stupid.

I would get it if he had covid-19 bad where he was in the hospital/ICU but he seem like he had a rather mild case so don't understand why he's being a bitch

Agree.

Plus, to be completely fair to Gobert...a lot of people, including many world leaders were downplaying this.

It was more his bad luck that just a few days letter, everyone decided to get serious about it.

Not saying it wasn't a dumb thing to do. But it's not like he did that a week ago either.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA stay at home extended until May 15th

Makes a certain amount of sense for LA. They didn't get hit nearly as bad as NY. I think, along with being a little less crowded, they also started with the stay at home a little earlier in their cycle. Probably extra precaution for them just to make sure. Don't want to open up too early and end up with another outbreak.

They might not be as crowded as NY, but there are still a lot of people there. So they still have to be careful.

It'll be interesting to see if less populous/more spread out places here do the same or go ahead and start opening things up a little sooner.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to buy toilet paper, bread, and CDs without fearing infection. I'm perfectly fine with working from home, although I'd prefer a full paycheck of course...
Take away the obvious - people dying - and bring sports back and I could live this way. Feel bad for my daughter (and all those like her) but at this point I've become a homebody before this happened.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take away the obvious - people dying - and bring sports back and I could live this way. Feel bad for my daughter (and all those like her) but at this point I've become a homebody before this happened.

Yeah, me too. The one I wish I had done was get a puppy before this started. This was the PERFECT opportunity to housebreak a puppy. I had been looking, but not that seriously.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, me too. The one I wish I had done was get a puppy before this started. This was the PERFECT opportunity to housebreak a puppy. I had been looking, but not that seriously.
Haha...by daughter (now 18) has been begging me practically since birth for a dog. Never gave in as I knew after the first month or so I'd have been the one taking care of it. Will say there have been times I regretted not getting one for the kids.

Back home from college and she said exactly what you did to me....time to get one. Plenty of time to train him.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gobert's an idiot who may be something of an "accidental hero". lol

Mitchell needs to stop being such a :drama:

Unless Gobert is being a dick about it in some way that we don't know about, grow up and move the hell on.

As @dtgold88 has stated, Woj and Shams are plugged in. But, I still don't take it as gospel.

But, if true...

I wonder if he's not just looking for an excuse to leave.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About to watch Kobe's going away performance....vs the Jazz......recorded it and so bored out of my mind....I'm watching it.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went grocery shopping today.....spent 2 hours doing that shit.....time to enjoy my 1st of 2 days off.....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About to watch Kobe's going away performance....vs the Jazz......recorded it and so bored out of my mind....I'm watching it.

Lol check out some shows in Netflix