• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mon-Wed will test how good the cov19 health data site is. Yet to let me down.

Should see a decrease by 200 or so daily deaths by middle of next week.

Today the projected deaths was 772 on their site. Ended up at 777

That's about as close as you can get to determining daily deaths. Which site are you getting your info from? Oh yeah does the site only do N.Y. or does the site break things down nationally? I'm interested in checking it out.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's about as close as you can get to determining daily deaths. Which site are you getting your info from? Oh yeah does the site only do N.Y. or does the site break things down nationally? I'm interested in checking it out.
Not sure, but might be this one. Can break down nationally or by state (or even country, I think)

IHME | COVID-19 Projections

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same site @dtgold88 posted

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As @dtgold88 has stated, Woj and Shams are plugged in. But, I still don't take it as gospel.

But, if true...

I wonder if he's not just looking for an excuse to leave.
Does this mean you made it through your last day and are in your final quarantine?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went grocery shopping today.....spent 2 hours doing that shit.....time to enjoy my 1st of 2 days off.....

Went this AM. Stock seems to be normalizing; at 9AM they still had TP and paper towels, a full stock of bread, etc. Soup is still a bit hit and miss and of course cleaning products and sanitizer are no-gos, but we're getting there...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmmmm....

What's going on here?

Please tell me Spida isn't already angling for a bigger market?

I understand being upset. But, nobody died. So, it could have been a lot worse.

Considering all the efforts the Jazz had taken to educate their players on the matter and to ensure their safety, it’s not hard to see why there would be frustration with anyone who was still downplaying the disease. Now, though, they must find a way to move forward. The Jazz have already begun working on the Mitchell-Gobert relationship, but sources say Mitchell remains reluctant to fix what might have been broken. “It doesn’t appear salvageable,” one source with knowledge of the situation said

Might be that.

Might also be that Mitchell is so mad at Gobert that he won’t let this go. If so, The Jazz might need to pick between the two stars long term.

That doesn’t necessarily mean Mitchell would be the one to go, but I wouldn’t be shocked if this ordeal had lasting consequences on the organization.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be that.

Might also be that Mitchell is so mad at Gobert that he won’t let this go. If so, The Jazz might need to pick between the two stars long term.

That doesn’t necessarily mean Mitchell would be the one to go, but I wouldn’t be shocked if this ordeal had lasting consequences on the organization.

They both need each other. Neither are good enough to lead without the other IMO.

This is just really lame of Donovan Mitchell.....Unless something happened that we don't know about like him passing the virus on to another family or friend then that's difference. I also think it is a hell of an assumption to think he got the virus from Gobert considering none of the other Jazz players got it.

Isn't it possible they all got it when they played Detroit the saturday before the NBA season got suspended? Woods, Gobert, and Mitchell all played in that game and Utah only played in 1 more game after this.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just watching Heat/Bulls from early 2013.

Still insane to me that Heat or any team in today's NBA can run off a 27 game win streak in a single season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both need each other. Neither are good enough to lead without the other IMO.

This is just really lame of Donovan Mitchell.....Unless something happened that we don't know about like him passing the virus on to another family or friend then that's difference. I also think it is a hell of an assumption to think he got the virus from Gobert considering none of the other Jazz players got it.

Isn't it possible they all got it when they played Detroit the saturday before the NBA season got suspended? Woods, Gobert, and Mitchell all played in that game and Utah only played in 1 more game after this.

That's a really good point. In fact, wasn't there something posted about several teams that all played each other around that time and some other players who also got it from that group of teams?

This thing passes easily enough that I doubt there's really any way of knowing who actually had it first and started the spread.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent numbers today at Worldometer.

The trend the last few days has been exactly what we were hoping for

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be that.

Mitchell May use this to try to get out of Utah sooner rather than later.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25 fewer deaths in NY today.

Death rate not dropping as fast as the covid 19 site suggested.

Day to day isn't as important as the overall trend. As long as deaths continue a downward trend, it's good.

There are going to be days where there will be fewer deaths than others. You might only have 25 fewer one day, but then 100 fewer the next, especially this early in what looks to be the recovery part.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day to day isn't as important as the overall trend. As long as deaths continue a downward trend, it's good.

There are going to be days where there will be fewer deaths than others. You might only have 25 fewer one day, but then 100 fewer the next, especially this early in what looks to be the recovery part.

At this point i just want to see consistency. Hopefully this starts a trend of deaths dropping everyday. Yesterday day deaths were up by 7 from Friday so hoping we don't see anymote increases