• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 7 is so amazing in sports.

Always funny how Game 7 in basketball is so much different than the rest of the series usually. Typically low scoring/poor shooting type of games.

LOVE IT

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching OKC/GSW Game 7 from 2016.

My god the splash brothers got hot in the 3rd after trailing by 9 earlier in the quarter

Come on man, everywhere I turn people say we are in this together.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Thunder was playing like the best team in basketball until game 6 of this series

Even then it was just too hard though. Those 2 together had the talent to overcome so many deficiencies. Failure to somehow surround those guys with at least a couple shooters and the failure of Ibaka to develop any inside game whatsoever took down the team. I still have to think Durant wanted out before game 6 was played, I just don’t see how you leave if you didn’t,

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did his part, he had accomplices.

Yes I know to you it's all KD giving up. But to everyone else, it's Klay Thompson delivering an epic performance.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I know to you it's all KD giving up. But to everyone else, it's Klay Thompson delivering an epic performance.

you are going to believe what you want, people that watched their whole careers know they choked that game away. Water under the bridge.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 7 is so amazing in sports.

Always funny how Game 7 in basketball is so much different than the rest of the series usually. Typically low scoring/poor shooting type of games.

LOVE IT

They showed the Lakers/Celtics game 7 from 2010 on ABC this afternoon. That was fun to watch again.

Metta World Peace was still Ron Artest. lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week will be a pearl harbor and 9/ 11 type of week according to some surgeon
Sadly yeah.

This is some horrible, SOBERING shit for all the clowns out there that still think ....."meh. Even if I get it, I'm young. So, no big deal...... "

I'm sure I don't need to tell you how this story ends and it's happening more frequently than people think.

When 30-year-old Ben Luderer started to feel sick, he wasn't that surprised. Just a few days earlier, his wife, Brandy, had tested positive for coronavirus, but there wasn't much to it.

All she had was a really low-grade temperature, one that the doctors didn't even really consider to be a fever, she said. She had some congestion, but she was on the mend. He wasn't all that worried, either, when he started feeling unwell. After all, they were both young and healthy.

Covid-19: The mystery of why the coronavirus kills some young people

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly yeah.

This is some horrible, SOBERING shit for all the clowns out there that still think ....."meh. Even if I get it, I'm young. So, no big deal...... "

I'm sure I don't need to tell you how this story ends and it's happening more frequently than people think.

When 30-year-old Ben Luderer started to feel sick, he wasn't that surprised. Just a few days earlier, his wife, Brandy, had tested positive for coronavirus, but there wasn't much to it.

All she had was a really low-grade temperature, one that the doctors didn't even really consider to be a fever, she said. She had some congestion, but she was on the mend. He wasn't all that worried, either, when he started feeling unwell. After all, they were both young and healthy.

Covid-19: The mystery of why the coronavirus kills some young people

Yep read that story earlier. Sad shit.

Trying to stay my ass home week. Was only scheduled to be at work 3 days this week. Have no plans of reporting.

It has gotten to the point where you feel like you're risking your life by leaving your home and going to work.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest concern about this virus in general is what happens when social distancing ends and/or businesses are back open?

Does staying home really help us prevent the virus in the long term? Feels like this is a short-term solution.

It feels like a short term solution because it is a short term solution. It's also the only tool we have to combat it right now. Long term solution is either some kind of treatment and/or (preferably and) vaccines. But those are months away. It's likely the spread will peak and decline enough before vaccinations are ready. Stuff will open back up but will probably have some kind of social distancing guidelines in place. For example, very large (stadium/arena) crowds banned, distancing and cleanliness guidelines still followed with the goal being stave off another large outbreak to make sure medical facilities aren't overwhelmed. They'll have plenty of tests ready to go and will monitor results and have contact tracing. If the number does go up, they'll lockdown that specific area but not the whole country (which is what should have happened months ago had the US had testing and procedures already in place instead of having their pants down and their ears covered)

But once vaccines and proven treatments are available, the need for the distancing and lockdowns will go down. And it can be dealt with like other known viruses and diseases so things will be "normal".

FWIW since we're talking long term solutions, I've got a couple of doctor friends and in some of their professional Slack channels, they've been talking about potentially seeing some treatment success with plasma treatments. It's still anecdotal* but they said taking plasma from patients who have had the virus and injecting into currently ill patients looks promising. The ill have been getting well. The guys I talked to thought that was a more plausible route for treatment that hydroxychloroquine, which they said as of now still even more anecdotal than plasma based options. (Really both are still a long ways off if they both work at all, its just one "looks" more promising than the other)

*You should also take this with a very big grain of salt because I'm just some random dude on the internet passing off 2nd hand information from a Slack channel of doctors talking about 2nd hand information. I actually debated whether or not to even talk about it because there's plenty of misinformation out there but I figure the group that frequents this specific forum are smart enough to know what's being talked about and its context. There's certainly other parts of SportsHoopla that are far far dumber and I wouldn't even bother

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are going to believe what you want, people that watched their whole careers know they choked that game away. Water under the bridge.
Bullshit. Maybe the better team scored.more points that night. Warriors weren't exactly chopped liver there.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Gman watching Cavs/Celtics G7 2018 ECF and man you guys gave this away. Went cold and they were attempting a ridiculous amount of 3's like they were the Rockets or Warriors and there wasn't a single deadly 3 pt shooter on this roster.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. Maybe the better team scored.more points that night. Warriors weren't exactly chopped liver there.

He is allowed to have his own opinion and I somewhat agree with his opinion. Also both things can be true. I wouldn't use the word choke but if I'm a Thunder fan, I'm going to expect to win that game up 7 at home at the 5 minute mark so I totally understand where @thunderc is coming from especially when KD & Russ plays like ass in the final minutes of that game. Plenty of bricks, turnovers, and just bad all around basketball form those 2.