• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is allowed to have his own opinion and I somewhat agree with his opinion. Also both things can be true. I wouldn't use the word choke but if I'm a Thunder fan, I'm going to expect to win that game up 7 at home at the 5 minute mark so I totally understand where @thunderc is coming from especially when KD & Russ plays like ass in the final minutes of that game. Plenty of bricks, turnovers, and just bad all around basketball form those 2.
Of course he's entitled to his opinion. It just happens to be homeristic. What I wrote is closer to what really happened.

Plus I was kinda more giving props to Klay for game 6. Klay won that game. He outplayed the other team's stars that day. It happens.

Last edited:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he's entitled to his opinion. It just happens to be homeristic. What I wrote is closer to what really happened.

Plus I was kinda more giving props to Klay for game 6. Klay won that game. He outplayed the other team's stars that day. It happens.

Homeristic huh?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are literally dozens of articles out there calling durant and Westbrook chokers in that game, I guess they are all homeristic. Shooting 30 percent for the game between them is bad enough but 4 points and six turnovers in the last 5 minutes says it all. That’s a choke job, period.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is allowed to have his own opinion and I somewhat agree with his opinion. Also both things can be true. I wouldn't use the word choke but if I'm a Thunder fan, I'm going to expect to win that game up 7 at home at the 5 minute mark so I totally understand where @thunderc is coming from especially when KD & Russ plays like ass in the final minutes of that game. Plenty of bricks, turnovers, and just bad all around basketball form those 2.

When things like that happen, it's pretty much always a combination of 1 team "choking" and the other team stepping up their play.

I watched a replay of the Shaq/Kobe Lakers comeback vs. the Trailblazers recently. The Trailblazers definitely choked, but the Lakers stepped up their play to take advantage of it.

Same thing happened in the Warriors/Thunder game.

The Thunder choked, they got out of what had been working, they started forcing shots, turning the ball over, etc.

But, if the Warriors don't step up their play and start hitting shots, they lose anyway.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are literally dozens of articles out there calling durant and Westbrook chokers in that game, I guess they are all homeristic. Shooting 30 percent for the game between them is bad enough but 4 points and six turnovers in the last 5 minutes says it all. That’s a choke job, period.
Sure. And the Warriors choked in game 7 of the Finals that year. LeBron didn't win it, Kyrie didn't win it. The Ws didn't hit a field goal for the last 5 minutes of that game.

Just words. Scoreboard says Warriors beat the Thunder, then lost to the Cavs. You can use whatever words you want to make yourself feel better.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. The new cases numbers don't worry me much as testing ramps up. I'm watching the death numbers very closely.

Is testing really ramping up though? From what I've read, they still only test if you have serious symptoms.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come knock on my door and see how fast I can get it...lol

My life experiences are much different than yours. I was a Master at Arms in the Navy, a corrections officer in California and I'm married to a retired Cop.

Guns have always been a part of my life.

Again: You live in a imaginary world.

There are drug addicts, coke, heroin, meth etc in every zip code.

With shit on lockdown and movements restricted, gonna make it a bit harder for People to earn a paycheck to eat, let alone support those vices.

I can sleep a bit better at night knowing they might break in, but they'll be leaving in a bag.

Guns, Condoms, sanitary napkins....

Better to have them and not need them, than to need them and not have one.

There's nothing in my house worth killing or dying for.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are...lol

In the spirit of full disclosure, I think he was specifically referring to the fact that I own a assault riffle.

I am very aware that I am jaded.

When you are surrounded by the most vile individuals imaginable for over a decade, that tends to happen.

I'm very much a plan for the worst, hope for the best type of gal.

...and that was what I was getting at. I'm sorry that has jaded you (and was the point of my better neighborhood comment). The only violent home invasion in my neighborhood wasn't random; it was a guy who owned a jewelry store downtown. Any other burglary has been the result of unlocked doors/cars; nothing violent.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Judging by the comments, he's not exactly a leading source on the matter. His group is basically just him, lol, and he doesn't have much experience. That said, we all hope one (or many) of these options at least help. Anything that can limit the need for intubation (or even hospitalization hopefully) would be a huge success.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It feels like a short term solution because it is a short term solution. It's also the only tool we have to combat it right now. Long term solution is either some kind of treatment and/or (preferably and) vaccines. But those are months away. It's likely the spread will peak and decline enough before vaccinations are ready. Stuff will open back up but will probably have some kind of social distancing guidelines in place. For example, very large (stadium/arena) crowds banned, distancing and cleanliness guidelines still followed with the goal being stave off another large outbreak to make sure medical facilities aren't overwhelmed. They'll have plenty of tests ready to go and will monitor results and have contact tracing. If the number does go up, they'll lockdown that specific area but not the whole country (which is what should have happened months ago had the US had testing and procedures already in place instead of having their pants down and their ears covered)

But once vaccines and proven treatments are available, the need for the distancing and lockdowns will go down. And it can be dealt with like other known viruses and diseases so things will be "normal".

Have you seen the pictures from China? As soon as they opened things up, the tourist areas are stuffed with people. Get ready for a second wave in China. People can't help themselves and will put themselves in harm's way at the first opportunity. Better to keep things under wraps for too long. Of course, I say that as I work from home, live by myself, and still get a paycheck; obviously others will feel much differently.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Giving props? what the hell is that nonsense? Better to blame than credit.

sheesh.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. And the Warriors choked in game 7 of the Finals that year. LeBron didn't win it, Kyrie didn't win it. The Ws didn't hit a field goal for the last 5 minutes of that game.

Just words. Scoreboard says Warriors beat the Thunder, then lost to the Cavs. You can use whatever words you want to make yourself feel better.
surprised coach hasn't been blamed for the "choke", as well. I'm sure he drew up plays for TOs and missed shots.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiots there man.

Learn from New York people. Don’t be stupid.

Seriously? There were crowds at the harbor to greet the Navy Hospital ship when it arrived. Stupid doesn't recognize state lines.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your entire issue is you like to call people homers when you are the biggest one on here. Really not debatable.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stay safe and good luck!! Hoping it's right for our sake, too, if it's the site I think it is.....I think it had Ohio peak in mid-April (while some still say not until "at least" May).

Ohio (and California) shut things down before NY I believe? You would think they would be peaking first. I think they're getting a little ahead of themselves with the projections for NY and think it will still be a few weeks away, closer to the end of the month. NY is still getting around 10K new cases daily.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio (and California) shut things down before NY I believe? You would think they would be peaking first. I think they're getting a little ahead of themselves with the projections for NY and think it will still be a few weeks away, closer to the end of the month. NY is still getting around 10K new cases daily.

someone I know gave me what he thought ends up happening and have to say none of it would shock me........

"Nationally 1.75M cases max 45K deaths (3x the infection rate and same death rate as Italy). At that number Trump says this was no worse than a bad flue season, claims a win, markets rally and he is elected in November."

FYI, he says this as a Republican, but one who does not like Trump.

said this of Ohio......."30k cases and 750 Deaths - Max - I think that number will be lower based on double the infection rate and same death rate as the population of italy."

meanwhile, our Double Down Doc said 5 million cases. I think this person will be much closer.