• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flu has a vaccine.

So, you are talking out of your ass.

exactly, without flu shots things would be so much worse. I don’t have any time for people that just think this is an inconvenience to their supremely important lives. I agree there has been way too much fear mongering, but when the hospitals are full the hospitals are full and that is where we could be headed.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't shake hands. Ok

Don't go out. Ok

I'll just play some Xbox

Xbox Live is down AGAIN

:L :L :L

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's become a self fulfilling prophecy.

There aren't shortages because so many people are sick that goods can't get produced or delivered to stores.

It's because of the panic buying.

People have literally created the very shortages that they were afraid of.
I think some of the shortages are due to greed.

Buy for $1, sell for $5.

Fucking sad to see people fighting over toilet paper.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly, without flu shots things would be so much worse. I don’t have any time for people that just think this is an inconvenience to their supremely important lives. I agree there has been way too much fear mongering, but when the hospitals are full the hospitals are full and that is where we could be headed.
Yup.

See 1918 if you need more proof.

Without our advancements in medicine, that's what can happen when dealing with a pandemic with NO VACCINE OR CURE.

This is not some deadly virus like ebola, sars.

But, it's not something you should roll the dice with either.

We thought asbestos and lead paint was no big deal too.

Look how that shit turned out.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't all old people
I actually like @msgkings322.

Reminds me of me with his asshole-like tendencies and unadulterated GLEE in trolling.

But, his stance on this topic is bewildering.

I actually know people who believe that black people can't get it.

When I pointed out Rudy Gobert, they said but he's French.

When I pointed out Mitchell also had it, the response was
" He's probably biracial ".

You can t reason with morons.

Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost entirely. Old and those with compromised immune systems. Basically the same as the 50,000 who die every year in just the US from the regular flu.

However, while speaking to Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace, Fauci also listed three reasons why COVID-19 is different from the flu or another virus when asked by Wallace to explain it to those who might not understand.

"One thing, it's brand new, so we don't have any prior experience about what it's gonna do, what its dynamics are gonna be," Fauci said. "Number two, it spreads very easily, there's no doubt about that. It isn't like some of the outbreaks that we had that just didn't adapt itself to spread among humans. And number three, it's very serious in the sense of morbidity/mortality, particularly among, and very heavily weighted towards, individuals who are more susceptible — the elderly and those with underlying conditions."

On Meet The Press, Fauci also cautioned younger Americans about ignoring recommendations from health care officials and government agencies at the state, federal and local levels regarding social distancing when show host Chuck Todd pointed to reports from France that half of the 300 patients in critical condition are under 60 years old — a statistic reported Sunday by The New York Times.

Fauci Warns Young Americans About Ignoring Advice on Social Distancing

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flu has a vaccine.

So, you are talking out of your ass.
Yes it does
And 50,000 per year die from it anyway just in the US

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, while speaking to Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace, Fauci also listed three reasons why COVID-19 is different from the flu or another virus when asked by Wallace to explain it to those who might not understand.

"One thing, it's brand new, so we don't have any prior experience about what it's gonna do, what its dynamics are gonna be," Fauci said. "Number two, it spreads very easily, there's no doubt about that. It isn't like some of the outbreaks that we had that just didn't adapt itself to spread among humans. And number three, it's very serious in the sense of morbidity/mortality, particularly among, and very heavily weighted towards, individuals who are more susceptible — the elderly and those with underlying conditions."

On Meet The Press, Fauci also cautioned younger Americans about ignoring recommendations from health care officials and government agencies at the state, federal and local levels regarding social distancing when show host Chuck Todd pointed to reports from France that half of the 300 patients in critical condition are under 60 years old — a statistic reported Sunday by The New York Times.

Fauci Warns Young Americans About Ignoring Advice on Social Distancing
No matter how hard you try I'm not going to panic.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it does
How many more would die without one?

If we left it to clowns like you, we'd get our answer with coronavirus.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how hard you try I'm not going to panic.
Who is asking you to panic?

You could go out shaking hands and kissing babies for all I care.

The same way I can't tell you to panic, you can't tell anyone else not to take this seriously.

You wanted a link, I provided one.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it does

and our system is built around that, hospital beds are numbered. You don’t seem to get that.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many more would die without one?

If we left it to clowns like you, we'd get our answer with coronavirus.
You are completely misunderstanding me, but that's going around these days

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

What part am I misunderstanding?

I do have a tendency to get tunnel vision.
I'm not over here saying it's nothing and we should all lick every surface as we all go to as many crowded events as we can
Shut down the crowds, work from home if you can, wash your hands, be smart. But for God's sake stop panicking and buying up entire grocery stores like it's the end of days. They are talking about shutting down restaurants now....so you can't find food to cook in the stores and now no one can cook it for you.

All for a virus that's going to end up killing far less than a normal flu season, that most people don't even feel when they have it (like those NBA players)

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not over here saying it's nothing and we should all lick every surface as we all go to as many crowded events as we can
Shut down the crowds, work from home if you can, wash your hands, be smart. But for God's sake stop panicking and buying up entire grocery stores like it's the end of days. They are talking about shutting down restaurants now....so you can't find food to cook in the stores and now no one can cook it for you.

All for a virus that's going to end up killing far less than a normal flu season
Yeah, mass hysteria yaddi, yaddi , yaddi.....

We aren't approaching Marshall Law.

But, filling a bunker with TP, water and Clorox is clearly overboard.

On that, we agree.

But, our paths diverge on some of the statements you've made on the virus itself.

" It's just like the flu, almost all the chronic patients are elderly " is a false narrative.

That may have been the case early on. But, this situation is very fluid and the facts are changing HOURLY because this virus is a complete unknown.

Now that the strain is mutating in certain areas, there is no way to predict how this will end.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, mass hysteria yaddi, yaddi , yaddi.....

We aren't approaching Marshall Law.

But, filling a bunker with TP, water and Clorox is clearly overboard.

On that, we agree.

But, our paths diverge on some of the statements you've made on the virus itself.

" It's just like the flu, almost all the chronic patients are elderly " is a false narrative.

That may have been the case early on. But, this situation is very fluid and the facts are changing HOURLY because this virus is a complete unknown.

Now that the strain is mutating in certain areas, there is no way to predict how this will end.
We actually do know a lot about how it plays out, from China, where it's already under control

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of the shortages are due to greed.

Buy for $1, sell for $5.

Fucking sad to see people fighting over toilet paper.

I think you're right about the greed.

I stopped by to check on my wife and mother-in-law a little while ago and was telling them about my ordeal trying to buy powdered sugar this morning.

My wife said "the sad thing is, many of them are probably looking to resell it at a marked up price".

I want this over quickly so the death toll stays low and we can all get back to our lives...but I also want it to end quickly so these idiots all end up with hundreds of rolls of toilet paper that they can't sell.