• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, just like Free Agency, that's the players call to decide what's best for them.

You think LeBron, Jimmy Butler choose their teams simply based on best overall fit?

How about Wade signing with the Cavs when they already had a starting sg?

No.

Perk is simply crying because his demigod is at a position of weakness.

It makes me giggle with glee to see people crying in their cereal bowls every time someone outstacks the KING of roster stacking.

I know this is a foreign concept and I don't expect it to last very long.

But, some players actually prefer the Clippers.

Be it for bromance, front office grudges, anti-Lebron sentiment...

That's where we are today.

Now, if we don't win?

Oh boy....problems.

If we do?

It will be on Lebron's watch. Perk is just laying the foundation for excuses.

There should be no excuses. The Lakers did a great job essentially building a contender in one off-season. The good thing is obviously that they are contenders again. The bad thing, they weren't left with a lot to try to make a deadline trade and are left to the buyout market. Which is a bit of a crapshoot.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be no excuses. The Lakers did a great job essentially building a contender in one off-season. The good thing is obviously that they are contenders again. The bad thing, they weren't left with a lot to try to make a deadline trade and are left to the buyout market. Which is a bit of a crapshoot.
No excuses for either teams.

I don't want to hear Shit about Chemistry.

If the Clippers don't win a chip, THIS YEAR, Season is a failure.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god basketball is back today. Trolling little greek idiots lost its charm after a while

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, did anyone see the rumor that the Cavs could have traded Love for Al Horford?

@flyerhawk , @Sparhawk , @Shanemansj13 , @dtgold88

Would have made more sense than Drummond and obviously he would have been flipped.

The source I found for that trade was from January 5th, 2020.
Can't say I heard that one before.
Can't say I would be for it.

Maybe that's what the Cavs were asking, but I find it hard to believe that the Sixers had put that offer on the table and the Cavs turned it down. Not sure if that's how you're phrasing it. Would have to be a 2022 1st round pick at the earliest.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your deadline hail Mary deal worked out well last year.

Hoping our deal, and garbage bin pickups, does the same.

Good luck with Reggie. He's not bad when he decides he's healthy

He's like an older Justice Winslow in that regard

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, totally forgot about this.

Steph Curry Was Almost Traded To New Orleans For Chris Paul Back In 2011

I was going back through the old Warriors board here and I was posting back in 2011. There was a huge trade rumor that the Warriors were going to trade Steph Curry, Klay Thompson and Ekpe Udoh to the Hornets/Pelicans for Chris Paul. The hang up was that CP3 was refusing to sign an extension so that never happened. In 2011 the Hornets drafted Anthony Davis.

That team would have had a core of Curry, Klay and AD. The Pelicans almost had themselves a dynasty.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god basketball is back today. Trolling little greek idiots lost its charm after a while

Bucks beat the Pistons

Heat beat the Hawks

76ers beat the Nets (good thing Philly's not on the road)

Bulls beat the Hornets

Grizzlies beat the Kings

I've always been really bad at picking games. So probably have at 4 (maybe all of them) wrong.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“There’s a lot of bad contracts they could have traded him for. The Sixers would have traded Al Horford for him, but why would Cleveland do that? They want expiring money and picks,” the former GM said. “Portland could have made a deal work, but for what? They would have really had to look at their cap space and tax money for next year and asked how far a trade for Love would really push them. Would it make them a top-four seed in the West? I don’t think so.

Jason Lloyd: The only one that I know definitely equated to just a salary dump. Portland offered Bazemore and Whiteside, which essentially would’ve matched Kevin’s salary. But both of those are expiring contracts and the Cavs would’ve received no real assets in return. Portland eventually sent Bazemore to Sacramento.

Most teams were telling the Cavs they’d need to include assets just to get them to take Kevin’s contract. The Cavs were asking for a first-round pick. No one even came close to that. I’d expect them to resume trade talks on Kevin this summer.

In other words,

like Most if us have been saying all along,

the extension hurt Love’s trade value.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley ripping the Cavsl

LOVE TO SEE IT

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed it. I’ll have to YouTube it

In a nutshell, he ripped the players for getting Beilein fired. He ripped into them for complaining about practicing too much and having to watch too much film. Also said they're a bunch of young players who aren't as good as they think they are.