• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the sentiment, but in this situation, I lean towards not playing him. There are what? 30 games left? The Warriors could go 30-0 and they're not making the playoffs. At this point, all Steph playing is likely to do is cost them ping pong balls which lessens their chances of getting the top pick.

They have a chance to do what the Spurs did when The Admiral was out injured and they ended up getting Timmy.

If it's my call...I'm not messing with that.

You have a brand new arena and what was a growing fan base. Are you not trying to sell tickets for the rest of the season?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate this kind of crap. It gets attributed to Lakers fans who then get shit for it.

Shit, considering how Dwight has been playing and the fact that he was considered a superstar not too long ago, the Lakers are probably closer to a superteam than the Clips.

And even if the Lakers had managed to add Kawhi to Lebron and AD, I would still expect them to try to improve the roster if they could. No reason the Clips shouldn't do the same.

Sure, but specifically in this case, you have the Clippers adding essentially a starting PG in the league to their 3rd team. If not for other circumstances (such as the relationship issues with his agent and the player wanting to play with his friend), going to a different playoff team with a bigger need would seem a better fit for all involved.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the sentiment, but in this situation, I lean towards not playing him. There are what? 30 games left? The Warriors could go 30-0 and they're not making the playoffs. At this point, all Steph playing is likely to do is cost them ping pong balls which lessens their chances of getting the top pick.

They have a chance to do what the Spurs did when The Admiral was out injured and they ended up getting Timmy.

If it's my call...I'm not messing with that.

There's playing Steph and there is "playing" Steph. If he can see court time, he should. But there should be a heavy minutes restriction put on him. 20 minutes of Steph a night is way better than 0. I think that would probably help the Warriors win some games, but there are ways to keep the tank alive while still putting out a competitive product. You can sell the fans on this as they get to see Curry, but still get to give their young guys like Poole time at the PG position to help him grow for next year.

I think if Steph can play, he should. BUT, there should be a limit to how much.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's playing Steph and there is "playing" Steph. If he can see court time, he should. But there should be a heavy minutes restriction put on him. 20 minutes of Steph a night is way better than 0. I think that would probably help the Warriors win some games, but there are ways to keep the tank alive while still putting out a competitive product. You can sell the fans on this as they get to see Curry, but still get to give their young guys like Poole time at the PG position to help him grow for next year.

Common sense. Let's hope the Ws understand

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a brand new arena and what was a growing fan base. Are you not trying to sell tickets for the rest of the season?

Warriors fans know what's up. But how much longer could the Warriors keep these deep playoff runs going if they draft a stud or if they use the pick in a trade to land another top player? If I'm the Warriors, I'm looking beyond this season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but specifically in this case, you have the Clippers adding essentially a starting PG in the league to their 3rd team. If not for other circumstances (such as the relationship issues with his agent and the player wanting to play with his friend), going to a different playoff team with a bigger need would seem a better fit for all involved.

On the other hand, he gives himself a better chance at a ring.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a good point about. a heavy minutes restriction. I just wouldn't want to hurt my chances of getting that top pick.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point about. a heavy minutes restriction. I just wouldn't want to hurt my chances of getting that top pick.

Yeah absolutely. Currently the way it stands the teams with the 3 worst records all have an equal opportunity at the #1 pick. So even if the Warriors do win a few more games than they normally would have, they still will be contention for that #1 pick. Right now they're 5 games behind the #4 team. As long as they can stay in that bottom 3, they should be alright.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everybody is entitled to have an opinion, even if he is wrong in this world...

The Bucks renewed Bender because he has the potential and the age to be their future center and have put all they have on him in training power as to achieve it... Yesterday it was the 1st time that Bender was used in the regular rotation, all other times before yesterday were garbage time... The difference on his body and the abilities on having a physical game were more than evident with all the muscles he has added within three months...

The 22y.o. will prove to be a steal for the Bucks in the near future with the exceptional basketball skills he has, the phenomenal mobility for his size and the clutch shooting potential... He is just starting (from scratch)...

Yep you were wrong again @buckalis but I guess the Warriors got their new future star?

source.gif

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, just like Free Agency, that's the players call to decide what's best for them.

You think LeBron, Jimmy Butler choose their teams simply based on best overall fit?

How about Wade signing with the Cavs when they already had a starting sg?

No.

Perk is simply crying because his demigod is at a position of weakness.

It makes me giggle with glee to see people crying in their cereal bowls every time someone outstacks the KING of roster stacking.

I know this is a foreign concept and I don't expect it to last very long.

But, some players actually prefer the Clippers.

Be it for bromance, front office grudges, anti-Lebron sentiment...

That's where we are today.

Now, if we don't win?

Oh boy....problems.

If we do?

It will be on Lebron's watch. Perk is just laying the foundation for excuses.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, did anyone see the rumor that the Cavs could have traded Love for Al Horford?

@flyerhawk , @Sparhawk , @Shanemansj13 , @dtgold88

Would have made more sense than Drummond and obviously he would have been flipped.

Ehh, that seems like a pretty lateral move at best for the Cavs unless something else was included.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“There’s a lot of bad contracts they could have traded him for. The Sixers would have traded Al Horford for him, but why would Cleveland do that? They want expiring money and picks,” the former GM said. “Portland could have made a deal work, but for what? They would have really had to look at their cap space and tax money for next year and asked how far a trade for Love would really push them. Would it make them a top-four seed in the West? I don’t think so.

Jason Lloyd: The only one that I know definitely equated to just a salary dump. Portland offered Bazemore and Whiteside, which essentially would’ve matched Kevin’s salary. But both of those are expiring contracts and the Cavs would’ve received no real assets in return. Portland eventually sent Bazemore to Sacramento.

Most teams were telling the Cavs they’d need to include assets just to get them to take Kevin’s contract. The Cavs were asking for a first-round pick. No one even came close to that. I’d expect them to resume trade talks on Kevin this summer.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh, that seems like a pretty lateral move at best for the Cavs unless something else was included.
Dude...teams were asking THEM for a pick....Lmfao

@tlance called it.

I think Horford gets them more because he's under contract and durable.

Drummond means they might be stuck with 2 bad contracts.

Most teams were telling the Cavs they’d need to include assets just to get them to take Kevin’s contract. The Cavs were asking for a first-round pick. No one even came close to that. I’d expect them to resume trade talks on Kevin this summer.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, did anyone see the rumor that the Cavs could have traded Love for Al Horford?

@flyerhawk , @Sparhawk , @Shanemansj13 , @dtgold88

Would have made more sense than Drummond and obviously he would have been flipped.

I think that would have been awful, not seeing the Cavs getting a lot for Love now but I would rather have a pick or young player (not anything great) than Horford, all day. I'm happy to have Drummond especially what they got him for but Horford isn't even a player for the future, taking a step backwards.