• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second time I've seen a post/video like this from someone in the media. It has very little to do with Kawhi and much more to do with clippers wanting thay first title really bad.

Were they supposed to just sit on their ass and not make any moves during the season to put them in a better position to win a title?

Also if we're being honest, this isnt even a super team or close to one. They have 2 top 15 players surrounded by a bunch of role players. Basically the typical roster for a title contending team prior to the recent big 3 era we just had

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second time I've seen a post/video like this from someone in the media. It has very little to do with Kawhi and much more to do with clippers wanting thay first title really bad.

Were they supposed to just sit on their ass and not make any moves during the season to put them in a better position to win a title?

Also if we're being honest, this isnt even a super team or close to one. They have 2 top 15 players surrounded by a bunch of role players. Basically the typical roster for a title contending team prior to the recent big 3 era we just had

I posted about Perk earlier today.

He is a incurable Lebronsexual.

Clippers stacking the deck by adding guys the Lakers also tried to acquire, in Morris.

But, it was all good when the Lakers tried to stack the deck with LeBron, Davis and Kawhi.

Lmfao.... He can't even try to hide his bias and I love him for it....Lmfao

Super Team?

Fuq is this?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Perk lebron is still never going to be better than Jordan.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and that's valid.

But, you are going to have issues every time LeBron sits down.

That has to be addressed.

He can't play 40 mins every playoff game.

I disagree with the last part.

He can’t play 40 minutes a night in the regular season.

Playoffs?

Yes. I believe he can and he will. Even if the Lakers do somehow get a solid back up PG. Playoff scheduling allows stars to play heavier minute loads.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, according to the jump, the players were regularly taunting the guy with songs using the word Thug.

Bone Thugs, Trick Daddy, Tupac etc.

I sided with the players when some people hammered them about this situation.

Looks like I was wrong. They were accusing him of SOMETHING.

I haven't heard the word racism used. But, it's not a far leap.

Unless there is something with this Coach that I'm unaware of...

Shame on them.

Seems like a lot of immature players in that locker room.

And while Kevin Love is a good player, it is abundantly clear he isn’t a leader.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs 33-103 since Lebron left for L.A..

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Dlo, and flipping him for another asset, is smart business in a Season lost to injury.

Plus the draft picks accumulated through the trade for DLo and Wiggins, of course.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Beilein been working the sidelines with people of every color forever. Decades upon decades.

Now he's a racist? C'mon.

Much more likely explanation for that one incident is Beilein is old and not keen on how younger folks think about that word.

Like I said at the time of that "scandal", Beilein is still in the wrong there because he has got to know better as the coach of a NBA team. The buck stops with him. And furthermore: his excuse after the fact did sound lame. He probably could have handled that better, too.

Anyway, enough about the thug affair. That could not have been it. IOW: it strains credulity to believe that things were going great and then Beilein used the word "thug" one day and things went to awful. BS.

What really happened? Beilein is old-school and made his entitled players do wind sprints and fundamentals drills and sh!t like that. And the players (on one of the worst teams in the league, mind you) didn't like it one bit. So they leaked like spoiled brats and got their boss fired.

That's my guess, anyways.

That stuff about players playing 'thug' songs around Beilein is so juvenile. Good luck to the next coach... they're gonna need it.

Are they really accusing him of something, or are they just razzing him about the story? Could it be that this is just playful mockery between teammates?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just try that shit with Kobe and see what he would have said.

Probably need to shut down Draymond and Chriss and all the other rotation guys for next year too

Spy photo from yesterday's Warriors practice...

17b0f855622c99a97bd73eae6aa51d10.jpg

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my immediate reaction. But, after looking at the stats, it's less obvious.

KG was healthier and was a better facilitator. But, everywhere else?

In fairness, KG's last few years skewed the Shit out of his stats and numbers don't tell the whole story.

But, if Davis wins some hardware?

Tricky is a good adjective. Both guys put up big stats in mostly losing situations early in their careers.

Garnett's false bravado, fewer 20 plus missing game season and his chip are what makes me lean KG.

I know you shouldn't punish guys for their competition. But, KG had to dual with Shaq, LeBron, Duncan, Webber and managed to come out on top at least once.

Until Davis does that against Kawhi, Giannis etc...

It's Garnett.

KG's best statistical year was 03/04:
39.4 mpg, 24.2 ppg on .499/.256/.791 shooting, 13.9 reb, 5.0 ast, 2.2 blk, 1.5 stl, 2.5 pf, 2.6 to

AD's best so far (17/18):
36.4 mpg, 28.1 ppg on .534/.340/.828 shooting, 11.1 reb, 2.3 ast, 2.6 blk, 1.5 stl, 2.1 pf, 2.2 to

Pretty comparable. AD is the better shooter, while KG the better distributor (and a few more boards per game).

I don't know that KG was healthier? He never played more than 71 games/season for the Celtics (and as few as 51). That's obviously further into his career than AD, but still counts (and something that may be coming for AD in the future).

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they really accusing him of something, or are they just razzing him about the story? Could it be that this is just playful mockery between teammates?
That doesn't sound playful at all to me... as the story has been described, this isn't just players among themselves... rather, it's intended for the coach to hear each time.

Juvenile behavior, like I said. I'd expect better out of my high-school students... "grown men" should definitely behave better.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon man. The injury is 100%. The guy is making major money that the fans are paying. If he is healthy he should be on the court trying to help his team and maybe playing with some of the newer players

I agree with the sentiment, but in this situation, I lean towards not playing him. There are what? 30 games left? The Warriors could go 30-0 and they're not making the playoffs. At this point, all Steph playing is likely to do is cost them ping pong balls which lessens their chances of getting the top pick.

They have a chance to do what the Spurs did when The Admiral was out injured and they ended up getting Timmy.

If it's my call...I'm not messing with that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted about Perk earlier today.

He is a incurable Lebronsexual.

Clippers stacking the deck by adding guys the Lakers also tried to acquire, in Morris.

But, it was all good when the Lakers tried to stack the deck with LeBron, Davis and Kawhi.

Lmfao.... He can't even try to hide his bias and I love him for it....Lmfao

Super Team?

Fuq is this?

I hate this kind of crap. It gets attributed to Lakers fans who then get shit for it.

Shit, considering how Dwight has been playing and the fact that he was considered a superstar not too long ago, the Lakers are probably closer to a superteam than the Clips.

And even if the Lakers had managed to add Kawhi to Lebron and AD, I would still expect them to try to improve the roster if they could. No reason the Clips shouldn't do the same.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate this kind of crap. It gets attributed to Lakers fans who then get shit for it.

Shit, considering how Dwight has been playing and the fact that he was considered a superstar not too long ago, the Lakers are probably closer to a superteam than the Clips.

And even if the Lakers had managed to add Kawhi to Lebron and AD, I would still expect them to try to improve the roster if they could. No reason the Clips shouldn't do the same.
Agree.

I don't put this on y'all.

I know what this is.

Perk is doing his fanboy thang. It is what it is.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be.

But, that's not how it's being reported.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the last part.

He can’t play 40 minutes a night in the regular season.

Playoffs?

Yes. I believe he can and he will. Even if the Lakers do somehow get a solid back up PG. Playoff scheduling allows stars to play heavier minute loads.
Very true.