• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know it’s the honeymoon phase but honestly Andrew Wiggins looks like a completely different player. He’s making the right passes and plays. He just had two buckets in a row including a three and could have taken a heat check just now but he drove in, drew Defender’s and kicked to Damian Lee who got to the basket instead. He looks engaged defensively. Impressed so far.

In the 3 games with the Warriors, which the Warriors have lost all 3 by a total of 23 points, Andrew Wiggins is +13. His PER in those games is 25.3.

Per Anthony Slater his shot chart is:

10-20 at the rim
2-5 midrange
8-15 from 3.

Just go and look at his advanced metrics from his career and even this year with the Wolves as opposed to this brief time here. AND this is without the threats of Steph and Klay on the floor.

His ORT and DRT are amazing contrasts. In 3 games he already has almost 25% of the WS he had in 42 games with the Wolves this year.

I KNOW IT'S 3 GAMES!!!!!

But it's just further proof that I've been saying I've been impressed by him when I watch him play and now the numbers are justifying it too. He's been playing really, really well.

Andrew Wiggins Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

These were my posts just recently about his play. I liked the breakdown of the article.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for this. I got so much shit for saying exactly this.

It just shows the difference between looking at actual games and knowing the game vs most of us with our "muh he's a bust with no motor" crap. Just check tape, use your head before making hot takes. System matters. Teammates matter.
Obviously, everyone is revelling in your downfall.

Happens when you hammer everyone for years.

Wiggins has been a huge disappointment in his career. But, common sense says this is a win by virtue of the pick alone.

You had no way of improving, under the salary cap, had you let Durant walk for nothing.

Getting Dlo, and flipping him for another asset, is smart business in a Season lost to injury.

If Wiggins is able to turn things around, icing on the cake.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, everyone is revelling in your downfall.

Happens when you hammer everyone for years.

Wiggins has been a huge disappointment in his career. But, common sense says this is a win by virtue of the pick alone.

You had no way of improving, under the salary cap, had you let Durant walk for nothing.

Getting Dlo, a d flipping him for another asset, is smart business in a Season lost to injury.
Of course, but all of that is so obvious that I couldn't understand why otherwise astute posters didn't see it.

The shit I got was just about Wiggins, and saying he would improve with GS. People weren't ragging me because the Ws used to beat them, they were just hung up on how meh he was in Minnesota. We even had the example of how Durant's game improved, at the SF position. Just obvious to me.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pippen looks like he has kept himself in good shape.....let's give him a call....

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, but all of that is so obvious that I couldn't understand why otherwise astute posters didn't see it.

The shit I got was just about Wiggins, and saying he would improve with GS. People weren't ragging me because the Ws used to beat them, they were just hung up on how meh he was in Minnesota. We even had the example of how Durant's game improved, at the SF position. Just obvious to me.
Because we hate y'all or we are being shortsighted.

Obviously, trading Durant for Wiggins is a " L" if viewed in a vacuum.

But, add in this year's pick, the pick you get from the Timberpups, your big 3 coming back healthy and Wiggins being your 4th best player?

Well, that looks very different.

Worst case... He is who he appears to be, you package him with a pick or both... get a difference maker.

Best case... He is Harry B on roids, you get Wiseman and still have the Wolves pick with a healthy Dray and Splash Bros.

Either scenario works.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq leads to lay off the Papa Johns pizzas....

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pippen looks like he has kept himself in good shape.....let's give him a call....

I think a backup PG would be ideal for you guys. Possibly one who could shoot. Maybe give this guy a call, looks like he's been working out...

friday-hot-clicks-mike-bibby-jacked-photojpg.jpg

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Kerr is a real one here for this. I personally would prefer Curry just sit, but I also don't have season tickets right now either.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we hate y'all or we are being shortsighted.

Obviously, trading Durant for Wiggins is a " L" if viewed in a vacuum.

But, add in this year's pick, the pick you get from the Timberpups, your big 3 coming back healthy and Wiggins being your 4th best player?

Well, that looks very different.

Worst case... He is who he appears to be, you package him with a pick or both... get a difference maker.

Best case... He is Harry B on roids, you get Wiseman and still have the Wolves pick with a healthy Dray and Splash Bros.

Either scenario works.
And trading Durant for Wiggins and a pick is infinitely better than the alternative, letting Durant walk. Again, so obvious that there's no argument against it.

No one is saying they'd rather have Wiggins than Durant. If the Warriors get the luck all titles need, they have a decent shot at another one or two in the next 3-4 years. That's all you can hope for.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Kerr is a real one here for this. I personally would prefer Curry just sit, but I also don't have season tickets right now either.

Plus Curry loves playing. If he wants to play, why wouldn't he? No pressure, get back in shape, play less per game, etc

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Curry loves playing. If he wants to play, why wouldn't he? No pressure, get back in shape, play less per game, etc
Keep him on a 20 minute restrictions and just so happen to use up all those 20 minutes in the first 3 quarters so he can't play the 4th.

#lightyears

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all are crazy for wanting Steph to play....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to work when Wilder-Fury meet up again.....that might be an epic fight.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all are crazy for wanting Steph to play....
It has nothing to do with what we want. Dude's a grown man and loves the game. One minute everyone is bitching about load management, then when a guy wants to just play he gets crap for that too. No winning sometimes.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, according to the jump, the players were regularly taunting the guy with songs using the word Thug.

Bone Thugs, Trick Daddy, Tupac etc.

I sided with the players when some people hammered them about this situation.

Looks like I was wrong. They were accusing him of SOMETHING.

I haven't heard the word racism used. But, it's not a far leap.

Unless there is something with this Coach that I'm unaware of...

Shame on them.
I agree.

Beilein been working the sidelines with people of every color forever. Decades upon decades.

Now he's a racist? C'mon.

Much more likely explanation for that one incident is Beilein is old and not keen on how younger folks think about that word.

Like I said at the time of that "scandal", Beilein is still in the wrong there because he has got to know better as the coach of a NBA team. The buck stops with him. And furthermore: his excuse after the fact did sound lame. He probably could have handled that better, too.

Anyway, enough about the thug affair. That could not have been it. IOW: it strains credulity to believe that things were going great and then Beilein used the word "thug" one day and things went to awful. BS.

What really happened? Beilein is old-school and made his entitled players do wind sprints and fundamentals drills and sh!t like that. And the players (on one of the worst teams in the league, mind you) didn't like it one bit. So they leaked like spoiled brats and got their boss fired.

That's my guess, anyways.

That stuff about players playing 'thug' songs around Beilein is so juvenile. Good luck to the next coach... they're gonna need it.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has nothing to do with what we want. Dude's a grown man and loves the game. One minute everyone is bitching about load management, then when a guy wants to just play he gets crap for that too. No winning sometimes.

Management should shut him down.....nothing gained by playing in a lost season....next season should be the goal.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Management should shut him down.....nothing gained by playing in a lost season.....next year is the goal.
Just try that shit with Kobe and see what he would have said.

Probably need to shut down Draymond and Chriss and all the other rotation guys for next year too