• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally untrue... from several different perspectives... money and upside being the most notable.

You're just saying stuff now... bickering without any heft behind your jabs.

giphy.gif

Maybe over Kanter. As a back-up dude.
You do realize that just last year the Raptors traded Cj miles. JV and delon wright for Gasol .

There is a reason he got such a big haul and the proof was him being a huge part of a championship team

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that just last year the Raptors traded Cj miles. JV and delon wright for Gasol .

There is a reason he got such a big haul and the proof was him being a huge part of a championship team
A lot of reasons that a team at the bottom makes a trade like that with a team towards the top.

That aside... you just mentioned CJ Miles and Delon Wright as part of a "big haul."

OMG, dude. :L Right? ;)

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of reasons that a team at the bottom makes a trade like that with a team towards the top.

That aside... you just mentioned CJ Miles and Delon Wright as part of a "big haul."

OMG, dude. :L Right? ;)
First off the Raptors were at the top when they made that trade. I thought you said you watched basketball.

Jv is better than any center on the celtics
Wright is a very useful player
And miles was a filler
Like I said every general manager right now would take Gasol. Over any Celtics centre right now going into the playoffs?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off the Raptors were at the top when they made that trade. I thought you said you watched basketball.
Yeah... obviously I was referring to the Raptors as the team at the top there. Go back and reread.
r4l said:
Jv is better than any center on the celtics
Wright is a very useful player
And miles was a filler
Like I said every general manager right now would take Gasol. Over any Celtics centre right now going into the playoffs?
The problem with JV is he is clunky dinosaur 5 in an age when the game is moving away from clunky dinosaur 5's.

Wright is a dime a dozen.

I guess we agree on Miles.

I honestly wouldn't want to play Gasol over Theis at this point in Gasol's career. Like I said earlier... he would probably be an upgrade over Kanter for us. As a back-up big.

IOW: we're not saying much about Gasol's current quality here. Nor are we factoring in the large $$$ he is making this season.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... obviously I was referring to the Raptors as the team at the top there. Go back and reread.

The problem with JV is he is clunky dinosaur 5 in an age when the game is moving away from clunky dinosaur 5's.

I honestly wouldn't want to play Gasol over Theis at this point in Gasol's career. Like I said earlier... he would probably be an upgrade over Kanter for us. As a back-up big.

IOW: we're not saying much about Gasol's current quality here. Nor are we factoring in the large $$$ he is making this season.
I'm going to guess you don't watch too many Raptors games. Which is fine. . The fact is much of what Gasol brings to the table you cant measure with stats.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to guess you don't watch too many Raptors games. Which is fine. . The fact is much of what Gasol brings to the table you cant measure with stats.
If he was on another team would you think so highly of him? Be honest.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gasol is starting over Ibaka which in itself should tell you something

Ibaka is also better than any center on the Celtics

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is much of what Gasol brings to the table you cant measure with stats.
For the second time, I haven't mentioned stats at all.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was on another team would you think so highly of him? Be honest.
Obviously I came to appreciate him more and watching him play and his style.

I knew we were getting a good player. . I didn't realize we were getting a very smart player whose IQ is off the charts.

His defense is still top notch as well. He shut the Sixers down in the paint

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This all started when someone compared Robert fucking Williams III being out of the lineup to Gasol

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I came to appreciate him more and watching him play and his style.

I knew we were getting a good player. . I didn't realize we were getting a very smart player whose IQ is off the charts.

His defense is still top notch as well. He shut the Sixers down in the paint
Fair enough but you're kinda homerish on this site, so sometimes you overhype your own guys. We all do a little.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Durant was a consensus top 3 player with OKC. To say he improved with Golden State because he got easier shots is silly.

So a top 3 player can't improve?

The only thing I saw that was silly was you calling a factual post "homeristic".

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Clippers/Celtics game last night. Great game from both teams. I wouldn't be vs. those 2 in the finals.