• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nothing more than a formality. Despite the fact that it's common sense and well known, it just shows the Lakers are interested in keeping him long term.

He ain't going anywhere. There's a better chance of the Cavs winning the title this year than AD leaving next year.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I'm not disagreeing with what you just said. But like I've said in the past I'm not a Kyrie fan. How many times previously have I talked shit about him or been overly critical? I talked badly about him last year when he was a Celtic.

The Celtics are doing better without him. Teams usually don't do better when they lose an A.S. caliber player. I know they got Kemba. But when healthy Kyrie's better. And I'd guess at this time last year the Nets had a better record. If I'm wrong about the Nets record my bad, don't feel like looking it up.
I don't think they regret it because it landed them Durant.

It's kinda like the Clippers regretting trading SGA, when getting George was the only way to secure Kawhi.

Ends justify the means.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did they bother to make this public?

I'm not even sure why the Lakers even bothered to make this offer.

No way was he taking it.

Maybe they were trying to get a commitment before they blow their roster up by trading Kuz or Green for a 3rd Star, ala LeBron in Cleveland when they had a chance to land George?

Otherwise, doesn't make sense.

Why did they make it public? To give me false hope the Purple 'n Gold would take a step backwards next year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they regret it because it landed them Durant.

It's kinda like the Clippers regretting trading SGA, when getting George was the only way to secure Kawhi.

Ends justify the means.

In a strange way I can't wait to see them on the floor together. There's something funny about the two most miserable players in the league on the same team. Any suggestions as to players with attitute issues the Nets could go after?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving up the farm to get him wasn't enough to show that?

Hey, they got to check all the right boxes. This is just one of them.

If they hadn't offered it to him and he walks after this season everybody will wonder why he was never offered the contract the moment they could.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a strange way I can't wait to see them on the floor together. There's something funny about the two most miserable players in the league on the same team. Any suggestions as to players with attitute issues the Nets could go after?
Draymond?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, they got to check all the right boxes. This is just one of them.

If they hadn't offered it to him and he walks after this season everybody will wonder why he was never offered the contract the moment they could.
Nobody would have wondered that.

He already stated pre trade he wasn't going to sign a contract, no matter where he was traded.

Teams usually do this kind of thing to suss out a guys price tag, so they know if they are going to trade him at the deadline.

* See Tobias Harris.

We obviously know that Davis is getting the max.

It's even MORE obvious that the Lakers aren't trading him, NO MATTER WHAT.

Sure, it doesn't hurt to try to keep a guy for less.

But, it's odd to me that they would do this with Davis knowing his representation likes to extort maximum dollars for their clients and that Davis already missed out on 30 million because he missed making the all nba team a few years back.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody would have wondered that.

He already stated pre trade he wasn't going to sign a contract, no matter where he was traded.

Teams usually do this kind of thing to suss out a guys price tag, so they know if they are going to trade him at the deadline.

* See Tobias Harris.

We obviously know that Davis is getting the max.

It's even MORE obvious that the Lakers aren't trading him, NO MATTER WHAT.

Sure, it doesn't hurt to try to keep a guy for less.

But, it's odd to me that they would do this with Davis knowing his representation likes to extort maximum dollars for their clients and that Davis already missed out on 30 million because he missed making the all nba team a few years back.

I get what you're saying. From what I can gather, most Lakers fans are wondering why they bothered too.

The only explanation I have is that if you get the option to sign a guy like AD long term, you take the first opportunity, even if you know for 99.9% certain he isn't going to take that specific deal. That first opportunity just happened to be today

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By turning down contract extension....AD is eligible for a 5 year deal worth over 200 million this summer.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoying the snow?

He'll have more than enough time (and snow) to build a snowman that looks like LeBron in his front yard once the winter really sets in.