• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't do well with Bigs.

Ayton will be good.

But, he still gets the side eye because of who they passed on to pick him.

* See Luka the Don.

They had the coach in place who should have pushed for Luka too. Many on here were saying Luka was the best player in the class. Always easy in hindsight, but didn’t seem that hard in real time either.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't know. Depends on what happens over the rest of his career.

I've heard it said that it takes 4-5 years for a point guard to completely develop. He's in his 3rd season. He's also missed almost an entire season of games in that 3 years.

I agree that he's not likely to ever be viewed as being worthy of a #2 pick, but he's only 22, so he's definitely young enough that he has plenty of time to change that.

Yeah, not sure what the hell happened to Fultz. That's got to be one of the weirdest things I've seen. It's like he got the world's worst case of the yips or something.

At least with Lonzo there are things you can point to as factors that have hurt him.

I think the issues with Lonzo's game can be fixed if he puts the time & effort in during the off season. No reason barring serious injury he doesn't have a long career.

Fultz? I'm with you, don't know what the hell happened to him. I can't recall another NBAer that's gone through what he's going through. But I hope for his own sake his game improves.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is surprising to me. Seemed like he was doing alright. But I guess their other young guys have shown more potential.

It's the only real roster flexibility they had because the Warriors want to try to keep Damion Lee for next season and beyond. He's almost out of his 45 day time frame as a 2-way player, same with Ky Bowman. The Warriors have too many bigs right now with WCS, Draymond, Paschall, Smailagic, Looney and Chriss all on the roster. I actually thought they might move on from Jacob Evans, but I think he has more years remaining on his contract and also would be an RFA to keep cheap if they thought he could develop.

Either way, I have a feeling they'll show interest again in Chriss next year, depending on the roster make up. Sucks to see him go as he's been one of the more productive Warriors this year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's that...

On a different topic for a moment. I have a renewed excitement about the playoffs now that that Uggs wearing ann arbor asshat Tommy Boy's outta the playoffs.

Hope your Chiefs can take care of business Sunday. I think they have the best chance to beat those Baltimore Ratbirds.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeahhhh, I'm gonna have to disagree. though he DID deserve all the shots he was getting for running his diarhhetic fly trap...

wiggy's full of so much hot air he could fill up a hot air balloon.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had the coach in place who should have pushed for Luka too. Many on here were saying Luka was the best player in the class. Always easy in hindsight, but didn’t seem that hard in real time either.
Yup.

It's not like they had a perennial All-Star at PG either.

I kinda think the Suns did what Magic and the Lakers did with Lonzo.

They thought the talent gap was close enough that they'd take the hometown kid.

It wasn't.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors play Portland tonight. Figured Portland would have been better this year than they have been.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the only real roster flexibility they had because the Warriors want to try to keep Damion Lee for next season and beyond. He's almost out of his 45 day time frame as a 2-way player, same with Ky Bowman. The Warriors have too many bigs right now with WCS, Draymond, Paschall, Smailagic, Looney and Chriss all on the roster. I actually thought they might move on from Jacob Evans, but I think he has more years remaining on his contract and also would be an RFA to keep cheap if they thought he could develop.

Either way, I have a feeling they'll show interest again in Chriss next year, depending on the roster make up. Sucks to see him go as he's been one of the more productive Warriors this year.
Didn't you cut a guaranteed contract to keep Chriss?

Was it Mckinnie?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors play Portland tonight. Figured Portland would have been better this year than they have been.
They start slow every year and come on strong after all star break.

But, this year seems......different

They look dead in the water and need to make a trade.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you cut a guaranteed contract to keep Chriss?

Was it Mckinnie?

McKinnie was cut to keep Chriss, but McKinnie was also a non-guaranteed contract. So really that position is just a revolving door until the Warriors felt they had someone who could stick for the future. Lee is showing he's a capable backup guard.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still, as tf12 said earlier, i doubt either of 'em live up to their draft position...

I don't know what it is with these kids nowadays but a lot of them aren't living up to their draft position.

Parker at #2 in 2014
Okafor at #3 in 2015
Fultz and Ball at 1 and 2 in 2017
Bagley (to an extent) at #2 in 2018

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what it is with these kids nowadays but a lot of them aren't living up to their draft position.

Parker at #2 in 2014
Okafor at #3 in 2015
Fultz and Ball at 1 and 2 in 2017
Bagley (to an extent) at #2 in 2018
It's not a new phenomenon.

Marvin Williams, Stromile Swift, Darko, Evan Turner, Thabeet, Kidd-Gillcrest, Vanhorn, Camby, Emeka Okafor...

All #2 Overall.

Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed, though i can STILL hit free throws better than he can...

still, as tf12 said earlier, i doubt either of 'em live up to their draft position...
Nope.

Doubt either will be All stars, let alone Superstars.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a new phenomenon.

Marvin Williams, Stromile Swift, Darko, Evan Turner, Thabeet.

All #2 Overall.

We all know what happened after Darko. But some other bad ones were:

Marvin Williams - CP3 and Deron Williams went right after him. Bynum, Granger and David Lee all drafted too.

Michael Beasley - Russ and Love went two picks after.

Thabeet - Harden, Rubio, Curry and Derozan all lottery picks in that same draft.

Evan Turner - Cousins, Hayward, PG drafted in the lottery.

Derrick Williams - Kemba, Klay, Kawhi, Vucevic and Jimmy Butler in that same draft.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some recent #2 pick successes though have been Oladipo, D'Lo, Ingram and Ja.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know what happened after Darko. But some other bad ones were:

Marvin Williams - CP3 and Deron Williams went right after him. Bynum, Granger and David Lee all drafted too.

Michael Beasley - Russ and Love went two picks after.

Thabeet - Harden, Rubio, Curry and Derozan all lottery picks in that same draft.

Evan Turner - Cousins, Hayward, PG drafted in the lottery.

Derrick Williams - Kemba, Klay, Kawhi, Vucevic and Jimmy Butler in that same draft.
Yep.

Draft has been a crapshoot since the beginning.

The #2 spot has been the kiss of death often.

Don't forget Danny Ferry.

Shawn Bradley wasn't a great pick either.

Last edited: