• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably shouldn't be...and yet it is, you said so yourself
Focus, my friend.

Yes, I called it alarming. Then you called me on the description and I said I was wrong...."probably shouldn't be alarming"

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it often is, it's both

Clippers are the best team in the NBA and you don't really have to be a basketball genius to see that

Well I'm not quite ready to hand them the title just yet, for obvious reasons.

The Clippers right now are basically the same team from last year except they swapped out SGA for the best player in basketball who can do pretty much anything. The Lakers and Warriors both are dealing with a ton of changes to their teams.

The Clippers are a damn good team though.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think this is where Draymond needs to show his real worth, this year. I'm not saying he was an important piece on those super teams, bc he definitely was but he can't be very inconsistent and he needs to step up offensively. I just doubt he can do those two things.

Agree, Draymond's going to need to take a leap offensively and try to produce. He'll need to be a 14 points per game type scorer now. He's got to be a threat to score now.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Focus, my friend.

Yes, I called it alarming. Then you called me on the description and I said I was wrong...."probably shouldn't be alarming"
That's impossible, you're never wrong

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Clippers right now are basically the same team from last year except they swapped out SGA for the best player in basketball who can do pretty much anything. The Lakers and Warriors both are dealing with a ton of changes to their teams.

I guess Paul George doesn't exist in your NBA

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, Draymond's going to need to take a leap offensively and try to produce. He'll need to be a 14 points per game type scorer now. He's got to be a threat to score now.
Always thought he cannot be this type of player on offense, but I guess we'll find out.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors were without Alec Burks and WCS, but still that defense was absolutely horrendous as I mentioned it would be earlier in the pre-season.

I liked what I saw from Jacob Evans and even from Looney. Looney didn't play a single game in the preseason due to injury, but he hit a 3 and grabbed 9 boards in 10 minutes. Not too shabby. I think as you see his conditioning get better, we will see some growth and production out of him. Overall though his role is best served in the future as a first big off the bench.

Jordan Poole is not afraid to shoot that's for damn sure. He actually didn't take any bad shots last night and eventually those will fall. He may need to work for some easier looks first instead of just jacking up shots from 3.

I'm really not too discouraged by last night. All realistic Warrior fans know that this season is going to be a grind. The upside was a 6-8 playoff seed, but the real keys for the season were the development of our young squad. I believe the Warriors are the third youngest team in the league and the Clippers are at worst one of top 2-3 teams in the NBA.

Only thing I'd like to see is Kerr not doing the whole "whoa is me" act after the games. He's making comments like "you'll see more of this type of stuff this year" about the production and play of the team. Feels like entitlement right there. You didn't see Draymond saying "well what can you do" after the game. He said the Warriors sucked and that their defense was terrible. Own up to it and aim to get better and do better.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always thought he cannot be this type of player on offense, but I guess we'll find out.

He's had monster offensive games where he's produced at the highest levels. It's not outside of his scope of ability, he's just never been required to do it before. It will take some alterations to his game and mindset, but within reason for him to be a 14 ppg type scorer.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had monster offensive games where he's produced at the highest levels. It's not outside of his scope of ability, he's just never been required to do it before. It will take some alterations to his game and mindset, but within reason for him to be a 14 ppg type scorer.
Even a blind squirrel........difference is in most cases, the D didn't care what Green did on offense and probably wanted him to shoot. Still might.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until the Cavs can get another superstar, the only way they are going to get quality free agents is to overpay for them.

Well of course but everyone is overpaid these days so I don't see that as the huge issue. Unless we are talking about an all-star player getting paid star money...like I said before we already see that with a ton of teams (even contending teams). I think they are more so banking on their young players to develop into great players. It's why they pay Osman $7/year...trying to get depth around these young players. By the time Love is gone hopefully these young players develop into something more...hopefully at least all-star caliber players. Once you get those guys hopefully developing like they think, it won't be as difficult to attract another star.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even a blind squirrel........difference is in most cases, the D didn't care what Green did on offense and probably wanted him to shoot. Still might.

You do know that Green has averaged 14.0 a game previously in his career right? That was on a team without Kevin Durant too.

Green needs to up his volume more than anything. He scored 11 points last night, but on 6 shot attempts. That FGA per game needs to be closer to 10.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course but everyone is overpaid these days so I don't see that as the huge issue. Unless we are talking about an all-star player getting paid star money...like I said before we already see that with a ton of teams (even contending teams). I think they are more so banking on their young players to develop into great players. It's why they pay Osman $7/year...trying to get depth around these young players. By the time Love is gone hopefully these young players develop into something more...hopefully at least all-star caliber players. Once you get those guys hopefully developing like they think, it won't be as difficult to attract another star.
That's very interesting. Of course, the Cavs will never actually be contenders again but keep hoping!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah only 2 games in. You forgot about Paul George? lol...they have the same team but swapped out SGA for Kawhi and Gallo for George. I think those are two HUGE upgrades. Their depth looks amazing. Hard to see anyone knocking them out but it's a long season and shit happens.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's very interesting. Of course, the Cavs will never actually be contenders again but keep hoping!

It's good that you can predict the future. Who wins it all this year? lol

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors were without Alec Burks and WCS, but still that defense was absolutely horrendous as I mentioned it would be earlier in the pre-season.

I liked what I saw from Jacob Evans and even from Looney. Looney didn't play a single game in the preseason due to injury, but he hit a 3 and grabbed 9 boards in 10 minutes. Not too shabby. I think as you see his conditioning get better, we will see some growth and production out of him. Overall though his role is best served in the future as a first big off the bench.

Jordan Poole is not afraid to shoot that's for damn sure. He actually didn't take any bad shots last night and eventually those will fall. He may need to work for some easier looks first instead of just jacking up shots from 3.

I'm really not too discouraged by last night. All realistic Warrior fans know that this season is going to be a grind. The upside was a 6-8 playoff seed, but the real keys for the season were the development of our young squad. I believe the Warriors are the third youngest team in the league and the Clippers are at worst one of top 2-3 teams in the NBA.

Only thing I'd like to see is Kerr not doing the whole "whoa is me" act after the games. He's making comments like "you'll see more of this type of stuff this year" about the production and play of the team. Feels like entitlement right there. You didn't see Draymond saying "well what can you do" after the game. He said the Warriors sucked and that their defense was terrible. Own up to it and aim to get better and do better.

How did DLo and Steph play together?